Ben Stokes future ATG

maniac

56 minutes ago, mishra said:

Give him a break. Barbie got hit 666666 by Yuvi. Now He is one of the top bowlers in current Cricketing world. Its not all doom and gloom for Stokes. He will bounce back

Barbie became a top bowler because of our brain fade batting in 2011 test series, it gave him massive confidence. Before that series, he got hammered by Sri Lankans and was about to dropped from the side.

Same can be said for Moeen who was actually a part time offie.

48 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Barbie became a top bowler because of our brain fade batting in 2011 test series, it gave him massive confidence. Before that series, he got hammered by Sri Lankans and was about to dropped from the side.

You don't pick up 25 wickets in 4 test matches at an average of under 14 due to batsman being brain faded or something like that, no, that was just good bowling...

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

9 minutes ago, Chase said:

You don't pick up 25 wickets in 4 test matches at an average of under 14 due to batsman being brain faded or something like that, no, that was just good bowling...

His average against India in India isnt very good. But against rest of world its very very impressive. I am sure he will improve that next time England visits India

1 hour ago, Chase said:

I followed that series ball by ball till Nottingham test (college semester vacations, was idle), and having seen the way our batters handled Steyn at his prime in 2010/2011 series before World Cup, this was a flop lazy show. The Indian team in that series was not only physically but mentally lazy too. Sure Broad was superb, but he was not that good as our batsmen made him look to be.

Apart from Dravid, all batsmen were reluctant to play on front foot, maybe lack of practice games was an issue here. You could easily see they were bored of cricket.

Before the series against India Moeen Ali had a reputation of being a part time offie, but after taking 19 wickets from 5 tests at an average of 23.00 on non turning wickets, he gained confidence. This doesn't mean he bowled that well, we all know how our batsmen were trying to hit his every ball for 6 and ended up gifting their wickets.

15 hours ago, Viper said:

He is taking all those to troll them.. same thing he is  with virat.. few years down the line He ll make fun of them Hahaha he ll show the shirt and ggoes remember that match..

Brathwaite is gentle giant, he  called Stokes legend at the time when he is hero , as he himself said cricket is cruel game if he is unable to maintain his performence then people will forget him . At present he can make fun of anyone but future is uncertain.

Also I have read few articles on him and he is a gem of a human , he was supporting Mcgrath cancer charity because her mother suffered from cancer, In Ireland he was coaching kids and he was so good that kids loved him

A similar instance was witnessed reported a few days after the ICC World T20 final between England and West Indies.

Hauraki shock jockeys Jeremy Wells and Matt Heath had been mocking Kiwi-born Ben Stokes' role in England's loss in the final.

Stokes, who moved from Christchurch to England as a child, conceded four consecutive sixes in the final, making him a target for some New Zealanders.

His mother Deborah, who lives in Christchurch, called the radio station to take up the issue of unfair treatment being meted out to her son.

She subsequently realised she had been broadcast live and complained to station owner NZME, resulting in Heath and Wells being suspended for a day.

Few days after this incident, Braithwaite left her a beautiful message during a radio cricket show.

"Commiserations to her. Want to say to her just keep your head up, your son is and will continue to be an absolute legend and you have support from all over the West Indies and over India.

I actually had a chat with Ben and there was no animosity with me and there is none from me towards him as well.

Ben's mom will have plenty more moments in her life and his career that she'll get to cherish as well and hope she will cherish them," said Brathwaite during BBC's show Stumped.

The Windies all-rounder also appealed to cricket fans across the globe to not define the Briton's career by the four balls in the 20th over of the final.

During the show, Carlos also spoke of how he had predicted that Stokes would go on to become one of the best all-rounders of his generation.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/read-carlos-brathwaites-beautiful-message-for-ben-stokes-mother-deborah_1873404.html

He is not trolling Stokes , going on Radio and supporting him shows that he is great human being who even in this moment of heroics is supporting Stokes

9 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Oh come on. Every tom dick and harry knew Joe Root and Smith would be good. Remove them. Or add De Kock, williamson, Kohli to that.

^ Check the above thread and the date opened :bow:

Check the below post and look at some of the responses to my post challenging my cricket acumen 101 ...This was an actual thread that got merged :wall: into the Ashes series thread..... :bow:  

Edited by maniac
16 hours ago, sandeep said:

Did you just tip your hat to yourself?  And for joining Captain Obvious Band-wagons?  waah.

Huh? Did you read reactions to the thread...especially teh Steve Smith one....that got merged and a lot of responses are all over the place....I think it is a perfect case of "First they ignore you,then they laugh at you,then they fight you,then you win and then they state it was the obvious".