Ben Stokes future ATG

maniac

On 10/25/2016 at 3:04 AM, maniac said:

^ Check the above thread and the date opened :bow:

Check the below post and look at some of the responses to my post challenging my cricket acumen 101 ...This was an actual thread that got merged :wall: into the Ashes series thread..... :bow:  

Both of them already had international tons before you 'rated their talent'.

Smith had an Ashes one in England

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Both of them already had international tons before you 'rated their talent'.

Smith had an Ashes one in England

So Scoring a ton=calling them an ATG?

There are plenty of players who have a 5 wicket haul or 100's that I don't rate...You need to realize what they have gone on and become since then.

You pick a prodigy that plays a musical instrument only after he actually plays the instrument right? again there are plenty of people who learn basics of how to play it but if you have an eye for talent,you know the special ones. It is a gift and a curse

Stokes will probably not finish with "great" stats or even many MoM awards, but can be one of those impact players who change matches. Having said that, I've seen enough of peak Botham, and Stokes (even at his peak) is nowhere near that. Peak Botham was better than Anderson as a bowler, and was much better than all current Eng batsman barring Root as a batsman. Sadly, he was ill-disciplined, prone to injuries, etc. and became quite ordinary later on

And we compare him to Pandya. He was there till the end, hit all the boundaries required and never looked like getting out even in difficult position. He was 49 off 80 at one stage. Pandya and Pant on the other hand chickened our and took the east way by sloggjng. They ain’t soaking any pressure. Bunch of wannabe’s

Stokes is leagues ahead of Pandya in batting and bowling.