Nathu Singh - Rajasthan fast bowler

are you kidding? Aaron is averaging over 50. I guess the stAndard has fallen so low now.give me a swing bowler like irfan Sunday,at least he can take wickets.

exclude Irfan against minnows like Zim and BD, you will see his real stat. There you go averaging 45 after 25 tests.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/32685.html?class=1;filter=advanced;host=2;host=4;host=6;host=7;orderby=default;template=results;type=bowling

are you kidding? Aaron is averaging over 50. I guess the stAndard has fallen so low now.give me a swing bowler like irfan Sunday,at least he can take wickets.

Before passing judgement on Aaron's bowling, they should first give him a consistent run of a couple of series and then take a call. Though he made his debut in 2011 he has played only 8 matches till now. He got injured a few times and everytime he made it back to the test squad he played in one match and dropped the next match. No player will improve if he is treated like that. Only now he has been injury free for sometime. In the 1st test  match though he didn't get to bowl much, he bowled really well. Bowled in the right areas, didn't leak runs and bowled some nasty bouncers on a pitch which had nothing for the fast bowlers. He has the potential and he just needs some more time to become a better bowler. Under Kohli's leadership probably for the first time he feels secure about his place in the test squad and will become a much better bowler.

Edited by Mosher

Before passing judgement on Aaron's bowling, they give should first give him a consistent run of a couple of series and then take a call. Though he made his debut in 2011 he has played only 8 matches till now. He got injured a few times and everytime he made it back to the test squad he played in one match and dropped the next match. No player will improve if he is treated like that. Only now he has been injury free for sometime. In the 1st test  match though he didn't get to bowl much, he bowled really well. Bowled in the right areas, didn't leak runs and bowled some nasty bouncers on a pitch which had nothing for the fast bowlers. He has the potential and he just needs some more time to become a better bowler. Under Kohli's leadership probably for the first time he feels secure about his place in the test squad and will become a much better bowler.

Mitchell Johnson had similar fate too, was rigged with back stress fracture, suffering 4 fractures. He made his test debut at the age of 26 due to constant injuries. Aaron is now 26. I am hopeful that he will now improve. He has done well in ranji trophy too in last 2 seasons because he has been injury free.

Edited by rkt.india

Seeing is believing. You’ve got to see them in action before picking them,” exclaimed Robin Singh, the former India all-rounder, at the St. Paul’s College ground here on Sunday.

And Robin Singh, who is now in Kochi to rope in players for his Mumbai Indians IPL team, was clearly impressed when he saw Rajasthan fast bowler Nathu Singh in action. So too were former Indian fast bowler Tinu Yohanan and Kerala cricket captain Sachin Baby.

Everybody who has watched the Jaipur youngster who has been fast-tracked into the big stage despite playing very few first class and limited-over matches, has been floored.

“He is really very, very good,” said Robin.

“He is a natural, he has pace and his running rhythm is very fluent, something that fast bowlers should have,” said Tinu Yohanan. “There are no complications in his bowling, he is one of the best finds, it’s good they made him play for the Board President’s XI (against South Africa a couple of months ago).”

Nathu was a late starter.

“I was into basketball and volleyball before I came to cricket,” the 20-year-old said on the sidelines of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 championship here on Sunday evening.

“I was first into tennis ball cricket and people who saw me said I should get into the real thing. That’s how I got into regular cricket at 13.”

It has been tough for Nathu, the son of a factory worker in Jaipur, but now he is close to a big break.

“Definitely, after one good domestic season, he will get into the Indian team,” said Tinu.

With India hosting the T20 Worlds in March and April, there is considerable excitement among players here. The noise level is a lot higher too at the Mushtaq Ali Trophy this season than last year when the event was held on a zonal basis.

And Nathu, who was at the MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai, sent a strong reminder to the national selectors on Sunday with his maiden T20 four-wicket haul against Kerala here.

Nathu should be handled carefully, said Tinu.

“Whatever I’ve heard about him, I think he has a strong and sensible head on his shoulders. As long as he stays that way and doesn’t lose his focus, I think he has a great future,” he said.

“But once you reach a high level, you see a lot of bowlers lose focus because there are a lot of things that can distract him at that level. So he has to be carefully handled. That way, proper grooming is very important.”

Nathu, who surprisingly does not have a role model in cricket, is ready to slog and sweat it out to realise his dream of playing for India one day.

His wait could soon be over.

Seeing is believing. You’ve got to see them in action before picking them,” exclaimed Robin Singh, the former India all-rounder, at the St. Paul’s College ground here on Sunday.

And Robin Singh, who is now in Kochi to rope in players for his Mumbai Indians IPL team, was clearly impressed when he saw Rajasthan fast bowler Nathu Singh in action. So too were former Indian fast bowler Tinu Yohanan and Kerala cricket captain Sachin Baby.

Everybody who has watched the Jaipur youngster who has been fast-tracked into the big stage despite playing very few first class and limited-over matches, has been floored.

“He is really very, very good,” said Robin.

“He is a natural, he has pace and his running rhythm is very fluent, something that fast bowlers should have,” said Tinu Yohanan. “There are no complications in his bowling, he is one of the best finds, it’s good they made him play for the Board President’s XI (against South Africa a couple of months ago).”

Nathu was a late starter.

“I was into basketball and volleyball before I came to cricket,” the 20-year-old said on the sidelines of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 championship here on Sunday evening.

“I was first into tennis ball cricket and people who saw me said I should get into the real thing. That’s how I got into regular cricket at 13.”

It has been tough for Nathu, the son of a factory worker in Jaipur, but now he is close to a big break.

“Definitely, after one good domestic season, he will get into the Indian team,” said Tinu.

With India hosting the T20 Worlds in March and April, there is considerable excitement among players here. The noise level is a lot higher too at the Mushtaq Ali Trophy this season than last year when the event was held on a zonal basis.

And Nathu, who was at the MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai, sent a strong reminder to the national selectors on Sunday with his maiden T20 four-wicket haul against Kerala here.

Nathu should be handled carefully, said Tinu.

“Whatever I’ve heard about him, I think he has a strong and sensible head on his shoulders. As long as he stays that way and doesn’t lose his focus, I think he has a great future,” he said.

“But once you reach a high level, you see a lot of bowlers lose focus because there are a lot of things that can distract him at that level. So he has to be carefully handled. That way, proper grooming is very important.”

Nathu, who surprisingly does not have a role model in cricket, is ready to slog and sweat it out to realise his dream of playing for India one day.

His wait could soon be over.

develop a good pool of next gen bowlers initially as back up..... Nathu, Bumrah, Pandya, Sran.... 4 to start off with

Ishant Umesh Shami Aaron and Bhuvi (yes have not lost all hope for him yet as I think he is good in some conditions) as the top 5

no more filth like morehit Sharma,  aravind etc.

I think it's a good idea to have a veteran who is still playing at some level like nehra travel with the team to help out some youngsters.

thats a pool of 9 bowlers which is good enough..... Keeps the current ones in check in terms of both fitness and improving their skills and gives these younger guys experience to eventually be the strike bowlers.

Lots of ex-players whoever has seen him bowl is bigging him up and see a lot of potential in him, from Dravid and Sandeep Patil to now Robin Singh and Tinu. This is really exciting for Indian cricket bowling fans. Hope he is able to cope up with the high expectations and BCCI also needs to take care of Nathu and give him a long rope and not discard him, if he is not able to perform well in a few matches initially.

Let's hope he is nurtured n not lost like many others, for our pacers to grow we need good selectors at all level plus a good captain , bowlers like Pankaj, Salil Ankola, Razdan, Abhey Kuruvilla all victims of our stupid selectors not identifying or nurturing or playing them when they were old or after injury, key is to identify early , give them a taste of big league early on then let them develop

Deepak Chahar is another one I have a lot of hopes. He is a good action, swings the ball both ways and has increased some pace as well. He says his quickest now is around 140K.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/67902/ranji-trophy-2014-15-interview-greg-chappell-rejection-made-me-the-player-i-am-today-deepak-chahar

wasn't he the guy who had an amazing debut few years back where he was producing banana swing?

i thought he was very impressive in his debut video but thought he fell by the wayside since then..... Good to see him back in the scheme of things :two_thumbs_up:

wasn't he the guy who had an amazing debut few years back where he was producing banana swing?

i thought he was very impressive in his debut video but thought he fell by the wayside since then..... Good to see him back in the scheme of things :two_thumbs_up:

He lacked pace then and was trying to increase his pace, also suffered injuries.

Before passing judgement on Aaron's bowling, they should first give him a consistent run of a couple of series and then take a call. Though he made his debut in 2011 he has played only 8 matches till now. He got injured a few times and everytime he made it back to the test squad he played in one match and dropped the next match. No player will improve if he is treated like that. Only now he has been injury free for sometime. In the 1st test  match though he didn't get to bowl much, he bowled really well. Bowled in the right areas, didn't leak runs and bowled some nasty bouncers on a pitch which had nothing for the fast bowlers. He has the potential and he just needs some more time to become a better bowler. Under Kohli's leadership probably for the first time he feels secure about his place in the test squad and will become a much better bowler.

I have seen batsman fearing Aaron's bowling..he is india's top fast bowler and will definitely be in the 11 in tests.

bcos he has not been able to stop runs in odi and T 20 he is not in Australia else he wud have been there getting ready to play the first ODI.

but it is guaranteed that AAron will improve his bowling and give less runs in future and play for ODI at least.

Yes Nathu singh should also be looked into but definitely not Irfan - his days are gone now.

similiarly I don't have high hopes from UV too. bhajji is a defensive spinner and will always be able to give less runs in his overs but he does not fetch the kind of wickets that he must.

Still he is a good pick for T 20 and I will not be surprised if he plays world t20 too as he is a run stopping spinner.