Tennis - 2016 Season

bones

I will be worried if Novak plays the same way like he did in 2nd or 3rd sets yesterday or at times in this AO against Stan. Might get punished badly if everything goes Stan's way. Hope Novak raises at RG.

Still early days but Djokovic has a real shot at CYGS this year. Federer couldn't do it because Nadal was stopping him on clay. Djokovic doesn't even have that.

Apparently Federer had a minor knee surgery. Unlike the rabid Fedtards on this board (not all Fed fans of course, you know who you are!) who wish nothing but the worst for Nadal, I, as a tennis fan wish Fed speedy recovery. Hope he regains his strength and gets fully fit for French Open and Wimbledon. 

Edited by zep1706

Still early days but Djokovic has a real shot at CYGS this year. Federer couldn't do it because Nadal was stopping him on clay. Djokovic doesn't even have that.

He lost to Wawrinka, even without Fed/Nad . He can't win clay. Hopefully Nadal will be back from French open onwards. 

p.s: I am a big Nadal fan :cantstop:

I will be worried if Novak plays the same way like he did in 2nd or 3rd sets yesterday or at times in this AO against Stan. Might get punished badly if everything goes Stan's way. Hope Novak raises at RG.

Novak played shit most of the tournament and still won comfortably. He raised his game whenever it mattered. Against Simon in set 5, vs Nishikori and the start of the SF and F.

Novak probably will feel the pressure most at RG and that will be the most difficult part of a potential CYGS if he is to get there I think.

Murray's FH, second serve and most importantly his temperament let him down. He has not been the same player mentally ever since Lendl left his camp. 

Yeah, someone said how the strength of a coach should be the players weakness -so Boris and Edberg being great serve and volleyers to help Novak and Fed like- Mauresmo was pretty mentally fragile as a player, we never saw this level of chuntering self hatred on the court from Andy under Lendl.

Watching the Rotterdam open,this young german ,Alexander zverev is a very talented player.he'll break the top 10 in a couple of years and I am sure he'll be the next big thing,probably multiple slam winner and world #1 in the future.

Plays a bit like saffin,needs to develop his shoulder a bit

Back here after a long time. Nole has beaten rafa again in Rome QF. Great match looking forward to see them play again in BO5 set.  Great win considering RG is around the corner. Really looking forward to this French open.

With nadal seeded fifth we might see them meet in RG QF. 

Edited by kumar713

On 8/25/2016 at 10:00 AM, Nova said:

Rafa Nadal is going to be in Delhi for the Davis Cup (16-18 Sep). Great news for Nadal fans to see him live. :nice:

Source

Means we are screwed.

Considering the state of Indian tennis, it was anyway going to be the case. But with Rafa there, no chance we will even come close to winning the tie.