Jump to content
zen

Big B Movies

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Toofan and Ajooba are highly entertaining movies. 

And they always play on TV for some strange reason. 

 

The real blah stuff Big B acted in was around the time his company went bust.

Lal Badshah

A movie with the eternally in your face angry Nana Patekar. Can't recollect the name. But Nana Patekar has a really funny dance number with Tabu and both are wearing beanies.

Major Saab

 

A little later in his career

RGV ki Aag ( don't know why Big B agreed to do this)

Buddha Hoga Tera Baap

I watched that movie in theatre first day first show bunking college,the audience  went crazy especially  the front benchers the moment they saw Nana Patekar in a typical trendy dress :laugh:

 

I also remember the hum hai banaaras ke bhayya song from that movie :embarassed:

 

Apart from that the movie was so bad that I have totally wiped it out of my memory, I can’t even tell you the plot anymore  :giggle:

Edited by maniac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, maniac said:

I watched that movie in theatre first day first show bunking college,the audience  went crazy especially  the front benchers the moment they saw Nana Patekar in a typical trendy dress :laugh:

 

I also remember the hum hai banaaras ke bhayya song from that movie :embarassed:

 

Apart from that the movie was so bad that I have totally wiped it out of my memory, I can’t even tell you the plot anymore  :giggle:

Is it a movie a with healthy looking Manisha Koirala?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@zen

Not filmed on Big B, but nevertheless a very profound scene from Deewar.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCh9XHy7y4

it has the "rona-dhona" drama but like you said a profound sequence as it strengthens Shashi as a duty bound officer (to justify his shooting of AB in the climax. Also, in the climax, the connection of AB's fate with the loss of the billa :fear1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, zen said:

it has the "rona-dhona" drama but like you said a profound sequence as it strengthens Shashi as a duty bound officer (to justify his shooting of AB in the climax. Also, in the climax, the connection of AB's fate with the loss of the billa :fear1:

Exactly!

 

Also, the part where AK Hangal, as the lachaar father tries to justify Shashi Kapoor's shooting of his hapless son. For some reason that scene makes me :sad: everytime. 

Edited by Mariyam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@zen

Not filmed on Big B, but nevertheless a very profound scene from Deewar.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCh9XHy7y4

That ragged 70s socialism, commie commentary of unequal wealth distribution. Not sure of Salim, Javed is a card-carrying member and his writings, thoughts are all left oriented. Not surprising there has a scene like this, even in Namak Haram. Although written by Gulzar (NH), whose writings also were for those times when India was poor and rich were the enemy.

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rewatched Mahaan .... The best part was being able to reconnect with the nice songs of the film. Also watching actors like Amitabh, Amjad Khan, etc., during their prime is usually fun. Overall, a good time pass (watched it in two sessions as it is a long film) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, zen said:

Rewatched Mahaan .... The best part was being able to reconnect with the nice songs of the film. Also watching actors like Amitabh, Amjad Khan, etc., during their prime is usually fun. Overall, a good time pass (watched it in two sessions as it is a long film) 

It is a remake of a popular Kannada movie - Shankar Guru starring Rajkumar. It was made in other languages later in Tamil Thirisoolam (SGanesan) and Kumara Raaja (Krishna)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The movies of our time were generally based on typical concepts.

 

Make a movie having villain from Rich family and Hero from poor family. That was what the masses liked. Most people would liked to see the poor guy win. Add scene of hero's sister getting repd and hero taking a revenge in end. Claps all around and whistling in the movie hall. Or father of Rich girl denying narrative to a boy from poor family who was in love with the girl. That also was  common.

 

Now I don't see even percentage of movie of those types and I would say it is a very good change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are a lot of Hindi films now on Netflix and Prime. Revisited the Great Gambler - a time pass / fun film with memorable songs .... Prem Chopra was driving the action in many of the parts :phehe:

 

hqdefault.jpg
 


PS both Mahaan and The Great Gambler, which are not tier 1 AB films, have memorable songs among AB films. 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched Shaan y'day after a long long time ... still holds up nicely ... esp. because of the songs and background score, along with Bond type villain Shakal ... Liked Sunil Dutt's role too, always thought he should have got a longer part ... Shatru was good too as the sharp shooter ... Amitabh & Shashi are mainly to do comedy (which is good at times), sing and make plans like "hum jante hai hume kiya karna hai, par yeah nahin jaante Shakal kiya karega" :facepalm: 

 

 

 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rewatched Hum ... the last big Amitabh masala film to feel like an Amitabh film w/ him in the title role (playing relatively angry young man kind of roles) 

 

I like Anupam Kher and Anu Kapoor as villains, reminds me a little of Mr. Kitt and Mr. Wint in Diamonds are Forever: 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@zen

 

Hum is not in the league of the other four movies that you've posted. You have to be trolling here.

 

Hum is a completely cringe movie where Amitabh just shakes his head violently to become from a civilized sheheri to a don. Captain Zatack? Really? Come on now.

Hum is in the category of movies that Amitabh must have done purely to raise funds or for friends.

Hum, Kohram, Lal Badshah, RGV ki Aag,  And that movie with Rishi Kapoor based in some place in the Middle East where a dolphin? is Amitabh's mother. - Ajooba!

These were his worst by far.

Edited by Mariyam
Remembered the name of the movie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@zen

 

Hum is not in the league of the other four movies that you've posted. You have to be trolling here.

 

Hum is a completely cringe movie where Amitabh just shakes his head violently to become from a civilized sheheri to a don. Captain Zatack? Really? Come on now.

Hum is in the category of movies that Amitabh must have done purely to raise funds or for friends.

Hum, Kohram, And that movie with Rishi Kapoor based in some place in the Middle East where a dolphin? is Amitabh's mother. 

These were his worst by far.

I think in hum Amitabh was always a Don. He just became civilized for kids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I think in hum Amitabh was always a Don. He just became civilized for kids.

Right.

 

But to metamorphose back into a Don he just removes his glasses and shakes his head violently. What is that? :facepalm:

Here you go

 

 

From 0:56. This is ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...