The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

22 hours ago, jusarrived said:

its been a pretty good month :D

This news came out on Friday , surprising that it did not react to the news . I sold everything ~256 , I was hoping it would correct and I could re enter . I think it may reach 270-280 this week if the market supports .

another 5% up :giggle:

i usually trade on these kind of news , but didnt do because of result season

7 hours ago, velu said:

another 5% up :giggle:

i usually trade on these kind of news , but didnt do because of result season

I knew I did a mistake when I sold off . :(

I had couple of futures lot and 3 lots of 265 Call which I bot at avg price of 0.5 . 

Exited Futures at ~256 which is at 271(?) .

The  265 call is today at 7.9 , I think I got a average price of 2.3 .

7 hours ago, randomGuy said:

^chart wise , it looks it may go up till 290, I may sell my shares @290 for some time (of course positive news may change the decision ) n repurchase on dips.

it looks very strong , relatively it has under performed and deserves a price around 300 . 

43 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Any real estate co. in radar? Specially affordable housing cos. Like ashiana n poddar?

i follow all FnO companies ka result .. waiting for DLF , IBReal and HDIL results ( i think all these 3 stocks went down in Q1 after results )..

housing finance companies might do well this quarter i guess .. DHFL agve good results yesterday and was up 3% and again by 6% today

8 hours ago, velu said:

i follow all FnO companies ka result .. waiting for DLF , IBReal and HDIL results ( i think all these 3 stocks went down in Q1 after results )..

housing finance companies might do well this quarter i guess .. DHFL agve good results yesterday and was up 3% and again by 6% today

I was thinking regarding smaller affordable housing cos. 

Let's say for a affordable house of 25 lacs , the rent is 10k per month or 1.2 lac per year. So Rent yield = 1.2/25=4.8%

With  interest rates (both for deposits and for loans) coming down and being comparable to rental yields, people may think it's better to buy affordable house 

The results will show 2-3 quarters down the line but affordable housing stocks (ashiana poddar etc) might have already bottomed out  .   

17 hours ago, randomGuy said:

I manage dmat for my mother as well.  was asking her to let me buy for her at 241 2 days earlier. She said wait for 1-2 days for lower levels. Now she says I shouldn't ask her and should do how I feel.

I manage my wifes account as well , shes actually concerned that she might have to pay more taxes . I keep telling her its a good thing lol 

its impossible to reason with women.

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I manage my wifes account as well , shes actually concerned that she might have to pay more taxes . I keep telling her its a good thing lol 

Chauvinism eh ? you can explain in a good way. They dont have exposure so they are worried.

5 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Chauvinism eh ? you can explain in a good way. They dont have exposure so they are worried.

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

To be fair, men too are equally unsure when it comes stock market...

More men have lost their wealth in stocks than women as women are more cautious regarding managing money IMHO. 

BTW, distressed GMR also looks for asset sale... selling Hyderabad airport to a Canadian firm for $400m. More good news for banks.

54 minutes ago, gattaca said:

if you take finance , women are under represented ( guess not even 10% of the traders/analysts/bankers r women )..

and i really dont think anyone can recollect any hedge fund run by women

but it looks like only in india women play a major role in finance sector when compared to the west

20 hours ago, randomGuy said:

To be fair, men too are equally unsure when it comes stock market...

More men have lost their wealth in stocks than women as women are more cautious regarding managing money IMHO. 

BTW, distressed GMR also looks for asset sale... selling Hyderabad airport to a Canadian firm for $400m. More good news for banks.

Yeah , true and am not really complaining , it keeps me in check as well . Infact I have too many people in my life who are over cautious . My dad sends me at least one msg every day to play safe in the stock market . lol

5 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Yeah , true and am not really complaining , it keeps me in check as well . Infact I have too many people in my life who are over cautious . My dad sends me at least one msg every day to play safe in the stock market . lol

Play safe is good thing. I know few people who lost lot of money and eventually their lives. Depends on how much exposed you are to stocks.  Depending on only stocks is a mistake. Just like they say don't put all your eggs in one basket put your investments in different domains as well.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:28 PM, gattaca said:

Play safe is good thing. I know few people who lost lot of money and eventually their lives. Depends on how much exposed you are to stocks.  Depending on only stocks is a mistake. Just like they say don't put all your eggs in one basket put your investments in different domains as well.

I think it depends . I would not advice anyone to invest in stock market or against it . Neither would I ask some one to play safe or be aggressive.

Personally I think Stock market is like any other means of earning , there is nothing wrong in depending on it . I think we dont have to invet like how our grandparents or parents did . it may not work .