The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

I think high growth period in IT is over. most of the software have been developed in every sector and even testing, maintenance has been automated....

So the stocks had rallied w/o solid ground to back them. Having said this, there isnt more than 10%n downside in most IT stocks now.

stocks will almost always tracks the forward earnings..

TCS doesnt look bad now .. even infy looks good at 1080 than when it was at 1250 ( solid 15% correction )

when the high growth stock disappoints its natural to get rerated ..

5 minutes ago, velu said:

stocks will almost always tracks the forward earnings..

TCS doesnt look bad now .. even infy looks good at 1080 than when it was at 1250 ( solid 15% correction )

when the high growth stock disappoints its natural to get rerated ..

Someone experienced told me and i saw with own observation as well that its profitable to wait for good stocks to correct 20-30% from top and then take entry in them for long term. 20-25% correction in bigger cos. (TCS, Infy) and 25-30% in midcap (mindtree, wipro, hcl etc)....

ofcourse one has to watch technicals and fundamentals as well.

Edited by randomGuy

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Someone experienced told me and i saw with own observation as well that its profitable to wait for good stocks to correct 20-30% from top and then take entry in them for long term. 20-25% correction in bigger cos. (TCS, Infy) and 25-30% in midcap (mindtree, wipro, hcl etc)....

ofcourse one has to watch technicals and fundamentals as well.

abe.. wipro and hcltech are largecap IT stocks .. both are part of Nifty 50 index :poink:

i think mindtree is already down by 20%

8 minutes ago, velu said:

abe.. wipro and hcltech are largecap IT stocks .. both are part of Nifty 50 index :poink:

i think mindtree is already down by 20%

Yes they are.

Yes, but the point was, try to wait for 20-30% correction. Its not a hard and fast rule but still, good to keep in mind.