The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

On 7/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, Real McCoy said:

why so? I'm not going to but want to understand why

Do you enjoy watching the value of your options erode by as much as 100% in a very short period of time? If the answer is no stay away from options. You can suffer massive losses in stocks too, but provided you did good dd and bought solid stocks, they can recover over a period of time. Options expire once the option expiry period is over. Best advice I can give a new person is, buy NIFTYBEES every month. Don't buy x number of shares. Instead, buy a fixed amount worth. For example, let's assume NIFTYBEES price is 50 rs today and you bought 10k Rupees worth, which is 200 shares. Say the price falls to 40 next month, you again buy 10k rupees worth. This time you get 250 shares instead of just 200. Rinse and repeat month after month. So this is how you do cost averaging and over a period of time, become profitable. 

Is anyone here familiar with invoice discounting? There are now various online platforms which allow small timers to purchase discounted invoices for as little as 50000 Rs to 10-15 lac rupees. The returns vary, from 12-13% all the way to 20% p.a. But how legit are these platforms? Is this a good opportunity brought to the door of small investors due to technology driven democratization of finance or some kind of ponzi scheme to reel in innocents?

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Is anyone here familiar with invoice discounting? There are now various online platforms which allow small timers to purchase discounted invoices for as little as 50000 Rs to 10-15 lac rupees. The returns vary, from 12-13% all the way to 20% p.a. But how legit are these platforms? Is this a good opportunity brought to the door of small investors due to technology driven democratization of finance or some kind of ponzi scheme to reel in innocents?

this is a legit instrument. however, scammers abound everywhere so dd is warranted on the firm you will be handing over your money to.

Is there any resource I can avail of to understand and implement derivatives trading strategies. I'm very much interested in futures and options. So far, I have only dabbled in stocks, mutual funds and passive ETF's.

And by understand I mean I want yo know exactly what kind of risks I am taking on, about margin calls etc. 

On 8/7/2022 at 1:33 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

Is there any resource I can avail of to understand and implement derivatives trading strategies. I'm very much interested in futures and options. So far, I have only dabbled in stocks, mutual funds and passive ETF's.

And by understand I mean I want yo know exactly what kind of risks I am taking on, about margin calls etc. 

you will lose lots of money in first 5 years if you are good learner and more if your not , cant learn without doing real trades and need real money(30-50 lac is bare minimum) to trade in FnO.  offcourse you can trade with less, but chances are you will blow up  your account every 3 months. Either case, you are bound to lose money so give it a thought, get in only if you are willing to lose money stay long enough. 

if you are still keen, I would suggest play in cash(2-3 years) and then learn how to use FnO as hedge. There are some good strategies.  

Opstra is good for FnO strategies if you want to try  

21 hours ago, jusarrived said:

you will lose lots of money in first 5 years if you are good learner and more if your not , cant learn without doing real trades and need real money(30-50 lac is bare minimum) to trade in FnO.  offcourse you can trade with less, but chances are you will blow up  your account every 3 months. Either case, you are bound to lose money so give it a thought, get in only if you are willing to lose money stay long enough. 

if you are still keen, I would suggest play in cash(2-3 years) and then learn how to use FnO as hedge. There are some good strategies.  

Opstra is good for FnO strategies if you want to try  

Cool. Thanks for the info, man.  I'll definitely need to give it some more thought.