Jadeja's batting today. Turning point for him?

sandeep

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ishant has done well overseas in the last 2-3 years but has struggled at home. Regarding Umesh, he is yet to play a single test places most helpful for pacers SA, NZ, England.

Yes, but in Oz, their counterparts were much better on the pattas (Hazelnut, Rhino, etc)

10 hours ago, Vijy said:

Yes, but in Oz, their counterparts were much better on the pattas (Hazelnut, Rhino, etc)

Is it right to compare to Australian fast bowlers? They have played all their life on those pitches. Even those guy averaged 30, 33. Also, you cannot compare Indian bowler's bowling Susie batsmen and Aussie bowlers bowling to Indian batsmen. It's far tougher for Indian pacers to bowl to Aussie batsmen. Their strength is playing pace without movement.

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shami  has improved his wicket-taking ability in tests after returning from injury.

Umesh has bowled some sizzling bouncers in this test match and has been accurate in the few overs he has bowled.  His overall accuracy,  in the last one year,  is much better too.     He is starting to give some hope with this approach.

Ishant is a much better bowler nowadays, especially away from home.

Our trio of genuine fast bowlers are showing some promise after a long time.

Their real test is overseas when they will have to bowl a lot of overs.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Is it right to compare to Australian fast bowlers? They have played all their life on those pitches. Even those guy averaged 30, 33. Also, you cannot compare Indian bowler's bowling Susie batsmen and Aussie bowlers bowling to Indian batsmen. It's far tougher for Indian pacers to bowl to Aussie batsmen. Their strength is playing pace without movement.

I think it's quite fair to compare them. I'm not comparing apples and oranges here.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes, you are. Australian bowlers didnt have to bowl their own batsmen. Anyway, no Indian pacer did well in that series. 

Hence, my comparison. All of the Indian pacers = apples. Most (but not all) of Oz pacers = better apples.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

Hence, my comparison. All of the Indian pacers = apples. Most (but not all) of Oz pacers = better apples.

Pace to Australian batsmen does not pose much threat until there is movement. Rhino is the second best fast bowler of this decade after Steyn, IMO and even he averaged 30 in FC cricket when he made his debut and in test cricket he averaged 23. It tells you how difficult it can be for bowlers to bowl to Aussie batsmen at home. Even Josh Hazelwood averaged 30 before being picked for test team,  had just 1 fifer taking 90 wickets. James Pattinson had just 1 fifer in FC cricket before he played test matches. If the same Aussie bowlers had bowled to Aussie batsman on those same dead tracks, even those Aussie bowlers would have suffered.

Edited by rkt.india
16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pace to Australian batsmen does not pose much threat until there is movement. Rhino is the second best fast bowler of this decade after Steyn, IMO and even he too averaged in FC cricket when he made his debut and in test cricket he averaged 23. It tells you how difficult it can be for bowlers to bowl Aussie batsmen at home. Even Josh Hazelwood averaged 30 before being picked for test team,  had just 1 fifer taking 90 wickets. James Pattinson had just 1 fifer in FC cricket before he played test matches. If the same Aussie bowlers had bowled to Aussie batsman on those same dead tracks, even those Aussie bowlers would have suffered.

Some other pacers have had low avgs in Oz - Sayers, Bird, McDermott Jr too I think. It's not about the averages - about quality in the end.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Some other pacers have had low avgs in Oz - Sayers, Bird, McDermott Jr too I think. It's not about the averages - about quality in the end.

Harris averaged 30 in FC cricket, Hazelwood same, so, are Sayers, Bird, Mcdermott Jr. are better than Harris and Hazelwood?

Reckon Jadeja need this big knock of 150+ because we all knew that he has improved his batting a lot but all in all he has just one hundred and that too vs Windies and that was never enough for a complete all rounder.

He still has only two hundreds now but atleast has a 175* to his name and hopefully with the way he is performing with bat, I expect him to hit 3-4 more hundreds by the time he retires.

Edited by Majestic
1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Reckon Jadeja need this big knock of 150+ because we all knew that he has improved his batting a lot but all in all he has just one hundred and that too vs Windies and that was never enough for a complete all rounder.

He still has only two hundreds now but atleast has a 175* to his name and hopefully with the way he is performing with bat, I expect him to hit 3-4 more hundreds by the time he retires.

i hope he ends with 4000 runs and 350 wickets. Tough ask though

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Jaddu becomes one piece of the weaponry we need to beat Australia in India.

Even if Australia take our first 6 batsmen easily, we still have Ash and Jaddu to offer some resistance.

Makes us bat deeply and makes us look like much more deadly lineup.

don't forget axar at 9 on turning tracks. very useful bat, and I expect him to be the most deadly of trio if the pitch offers spin and bounce.

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

don't forget axar at 9 on turning tracks. very useful bat, and I expect him to be the most deadly of trio if the pitch offers spin and bounce.

Loved him v England last year.

He was epic. Just brilliant. I think a lot have forgotten that he bowled better than Jaddu and Ash could in that series. Even if Jaddu was not injured.

14 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Loved him v England last year.

He was epic. Just brilliant. I think a lot have forgotten that he bowled better than Jaddu and Ash could in that series. Even if Jaddu was not injured.

Yes, on some types of pitches, he is a deadlier prospect than both of them. It comes from his height, release point, and ocation at the crease.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Yes, on some types of pitches, he is a deadlier prospect than both of them. It comes from his height, release point, and ocation at the crease.

Im not being disrespectful of Jaddu, as I love him. (there is a story to this for my bias, I met him briefly in Australia)

I just though that Axar was just so unplayable vs England. Yes he was more deadly, his height is an asset.