Is Mamta Banerjee's West Bengal becoming a mini Pakistan?

Austin 3:!6

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

When you have 70% reservation, a declining school standard system, a joke of a state board which doesn't challenge the young minds, a govt which opposes national competitive exams, a political environment which promotes mushrooming of farcical low standard private colleges that don't care about anything except money, if that isn't a downward spiral then what is?

How Tamil Nadu education system has turned into a vicious chain of apathy

Decline and fall of Tamil Nadu

hehe did you just search decline and fall of Tamil Nadu ? and find the first two links and shared them haha. :phehe:

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

publicly available all the riots and flame speeches, again in the context of the discussion then about  - sangam literature being called not related to dharmic religions and that being called as an anti hindu activity. I just pointed to actual anti hindu sentiment around the country.

Never mentioned that it's an anti-hindu activity... just said that it's related and influenced by the beliefs of the time.

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

so nothing malicious in my intent. I call it the way I see it and I take no pleasure in doing so. 

could be but you are misinformed.

read about urbanization in TN and its impact on the economy.

i will give you a small example. 

Karnataka a similarly developed state, often goes for quality - its ordered costly foreign ( chinese)electric buses for its mass transit system in Bangalore. TN tasks ashok Leyland to produce these inhouse.  The reason being there is an entire ecosystem of bus and heavy machinery building company(s) in TN that lobby for work ( public spending). TN ofter takes a economically sustainable route to urban development, it is plagued with lack of resources like rest of India, nothing points to any alarming trend anywhere 

You can take many such fields, there is urbal sprawl in TN that leads to economic and commercial activity

cotton - CB, silk - Kanchi, tanning hide - ambur/vaniambadi granites - dharmapuri, iron steel - salem, industrial estates if misc kind - thiruvallur/hosur with some automotive textile - erode thiruur , nuclear energy plants - pretty much one of the leading states with allocation , leading state in renewable energy - wind and solar , chemical - tutukodi

this is the reason TN is still a bigger economy than Gujrat :), its just sound economics. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i will give you a small example. 

Karnataka a similarly developed state, often goes for quality - its ordered costly foreign ( chinese)electric buses for its mass transit system in Bangalore. TN tasks ashok Leyland to produce these inhouse.  The reason being there is an entire ecosystem of bus and heavy machinery building company(s) in TN that lobby for work ( public spending). TN ofter takes a economically sustainable route to urban development, it is plagued with lack of resources like rest of India, nothing points to any alarming trend anywhere 

You can take many such fields, there is urbal sprawl in TN that leads to economic and commercial activity

cotton - CB, silk - Kanchi, tanning hide - ambur/vaniambadi gra

False equivalence... Buses are not from China.... Karnataka under SM Krishna setup the Volvo manufacturing unit. Even the non-profit luxury buses are manufactured in Karnataka by Tata Marco Polo

Don't think that TN leads in GDP now

9 minutes ago, diga said:

False equivalence... Buses are not from China.... Karnataka under SM Krishna setup the Volvo manufacturing unit. Even the non-profit luxury buses are manufactured in Karnataka by Tata Marco Polo

Don't think that TN leads in GDP now

TN leads who ? TN is number two in GDP in the country after Maharastra. It a bit more than Gujrat despite agriculture failure in 2017 due to monsoon failure and rive water sharing issues.

False equivalence where lol ? I quoted it as an example. 

@diga

I was refering to this.

BYD for bangalore

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/industry/auto/auto-news/byd-goldstone-plan-5k-electric-buses-per-year/amp_articleshow/64485504.cms

Local Leyland for chennai.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/city/chennai/ashok-leylands-electric-bus-circuit-test-driven-for-mtc-in-chennai/amp_articleshow/59110095.cms

Similar case during train coaches etc. I remember Hydrabad complaining about quality of coaches to Chennai and refusing and those coaches were brought to chennai suburban rail network and people loved it. 

/\ Lol this is from the chinese firm. How cute.

The localisation content in electric buses sold by Goldstone-BYD in India currently stands at around 35%. “I would like to have 100% localisation if possible, but unfortunately we do not have the ecosystem here,” Xie said.

6 minutes ago, diga said:

Percapita GDP of Guj/Kar is more than TN if I am not mistaken..

Percapita nominal is based on population. In terms of percapita GDP india is lesser than srilanka iran iraq nauru guatamala etc lol..iraq has equal or better per capita gdp that china hehehe 

Edited by Vilander
Nominal

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Percapita is based on population. In terms of percapita GDP india is lesser than srilanka iran iraq nauru guatamala etc lol..iraq has equal or better per capita gdp that china hehehe 

Per capita GDP is more an indicator of standard of living 

But whats your point @diga

So imagine Guj overtakes TN in GDP next year lets say and TN is 3 or imagine UP over takes all in 5 years ..so what ? 

My point is if TN is failing etc as alluded by Golum why does it have ok metrics for an Indian state ? I mean GDP infant mortality literacy etc.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Sure but how is that a point here. Imagine per capita of TN is 18k rs and Ka is 18005 rs. What does that say about TN failing etc ? Whats your point.

Nothing...except that a difference in GDP of 100 or 500 crores doesn't make a difference and your examples don't hold much water.every state is making an effort to improve the quality of life of its citizens , not only TN

13 minutes ago, diga said:

BYD-Hyd is manufacturing buses in Kar and hopes for a contract from the state.. still not importing and no contract yet as you claimed

yeah BMTC swayed because they wanted to buy 3 volvo buses from germany instead of 1 byd from china.. :phehe:

1 minute ago, diga said:

Nothing...except that a difference in GDP of 100 or 500 crores doesn't make a difference and your examples don't hold much water.every state is making an effort to improve the quality of life of its citizens , not only TN

correct my argument is for-TN not against any other state ( as a matter of fact KA and GJ should overtake TN in GDP in a 3-5 year period ) there is nothing failing there in TN either - its based on social indicators, investment climate, monsoon and development - there is nothing failing in TN either.