B Thampi - Kerala Fast Bowler

Bystander

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thampi is not a regular in FC matches for his state side.

We have seen him bowl well in a T20 game only and have not seen him in a 5-day match.

I think you have not seen him bowl....Basil Thampi  is bowling accurate, inswinging yorkers at will with high pace, bowling good slower balls and looks like an ideal bowler for the shorter formats.

Belittling the platform that the IPL provides is being impractical in my opinion.   fast bowlers Bumrah and Pandya came to the lime-light after doing well in the IPL and are now regulars in the Indian team. 

he debuted for Kerala 2 seasons ago and has played 11 FC games but because of his below average FC performance, he has not been regular.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We have seen him bowl well in a T20 game only and have not seen him in a 5-day match.

I think you have not seen him bowl....Basil Thampi  is bowling accurate, inswinging yorkers at will with high pace, bowling good slower balls and looks like an ideal bowler for the shorter formats.

Belittling the platform that the IPL provides is being impractical in my opinion.   fast bowlers Bumrah and Pandya came to the lime-light after doing well in the IPL and are now regulars in the Indian team. 

Lot of IPL talent scouts watching. Hope Thampi is picked up by some IPL team. A good performance in IPL will push him into the limelight. In Nathu and Thampi we have two youngsters who can bowl yorkers at will. Good prospects for LOI's.

9 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Looks like the ball is reversing. That was an awesome yorker!

This guy got ideal action and pace for the reverse swinging Yorkers at death overs. Should be fast tracked to limited over side ASAP! Atleast fast bowlers with potential have to be introduced early. No point in bowling them to pulp in domestics.

And he looks strong enough with athletic body.

But signs are promising. Hope he will serves India some day

48 minutes ago, Bystander said:

Warrior too bowled well. But the other guy was mighty impressive. Sandeep seems to get more bounce

Yes he hit the deck harder and if you see the trajectory of some of his deliveries, it was all because of the kind of bowling action he has and how far up he was bringing his arm from whoch gave him a better bounce. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

It's not about these players . But if you 90 mph bower who looks to same areas i.e. Hit top off and nibble away which is perfect bowler you will get spammed in ipl doing that . So just focusing on how they do in ipl don't mean a lot unless looking just at limited overs formats . Even then for limited overs 50 over formats not sure ipl will show case much if fast bowle . Faster you bowl further you go in ipl 

and as for test matches do you really get an idea on fast bowlers or even any bowler ? Yes nice to see them action so icf can take view point . But if selector watching Bowles live in ground in many formats surely much better idea 

we hold for too much value to ipl performances . How did jadhav and Jayant do in last ipl ? 

You here it sp often . Go has awesome ranji and clearly good player. But you here comment yeah but had poor ipl !!! Iyer for example in this 

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

It's not about these players . But if you 90 mph bower who looks to same areas i.e. Hit top off and nibble away which is perfect bowler you will get spammed in ipl doing that . So just focusing on how they do in ipl don't mean a lot unless looking just at limited overs formats . Even then for limited overs 50 over formats not sure ipl will show case much if fast bowle . Faster you bowl further you go in ipl 

and as for test matches do you really get an idea on fast bowlers or even any bowler ? Yes nice to see them action so icf can take view point . But if selector watching Bowles live in ground in many formats surely much better idea 

we hold for too much value to ipl performances . How did jadhav and Jayant do in last ipl ? 

You here it sp often . Go has awesome ranji and clearly good player. But you here comment yeah but had poor ipl !!! Iyer for example in this 

It depends on which format a player is being selected for

If a test player is being picked, how he does in FC matches, especially A team games and the Deodhar trophy, where the opposition is good, is what matters.

I am not talking about total runs or wickets for the season here.  For a batsman, it has to be seen  whether he has a good off-stump game, how he handles bounce, how he plays spin etc.  Extra marks for doing well on tough tracks or tough situations.

For a pacer, you look at his pace, bounce, ability to move the ball, is he targeting top of off-stump with most deliveries, does he have a good bouncer etc.

Iyer has not come to the fore, not because he did badly in the IPL ....but because he was playing the short balls very awkwardly on the A tour to Australia as well as in a knock-out Ranji game.

Similarly, the ability to bowl in T20 matches as well as the ability to bowl at the death in ODis....is often displayed well in the IPl and other T20 games.

You pick T20 players from these tournaments and sometimes good ODI players come up too....like Bumrah and Pandya.

We have seen Thampi bowling quickly and accurately in a t20 game.  So I  talked about the IPL.  

If i were impressed by him in a FC match....i would have talked about him being picked for the A team and Deodhar trophy.  

I hope I have made my point clear     : )

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Both are of similar height but warrior has high arm action so he gets more bounce.

Basil belongs to the part of Kerala which is considered as the hot bed of young athletes. KCA is doing some good work to attract these athletes to cricket by giving proper guidance and decent stipend. Hopefully we will see many more talented cricketers from Kerala in the coming years

Edited by msplash9