Why is Dravid not

Inside_edge

effusive in his praise for Saurav? After staging one of most difficult comebacks in history of cricket and turning things around both in tests, ODIs and not to mention the MOS award I find it very strange not to have a specific mention from the captain! Man of the Series Sourav Ganguly for his 168 runs in the series. Crowd go wild! Huge cheers ring the arena. "It's been good. Good to win two series back to back. I have been hitting the ball since South Africa. I have been consistent which is good. I did not have a good night's sleep last night. And I bowled six overs, something that I have not done much in the recent time. I started cramping up but pulled through." Rahul Dravid: "Credit to the boys, I would like to congratulate the whole group. The support staff, coaching staff and the boys. It was great to see Yuvi score runs the way he did. Nice to see Sehwag get into runs. Zaheer bowled really well. I can name the whole squad in fact. We are looking forward to the World Cup."

Re: Why is Dravid not And read about this post-match press conference: Ganguly has given solidity in batting: Dravid Visakhapatnam, February 17: Skipper Rahul Dravid said the successful return of Sourav Ganguly has given the Indian top order much needed ?experience and solidity?, and hoped the former captain would sustain his good form into the World Cup. "We have got a good opening today. Sourav has come back and the manner in which he played in the whole series was noteworthy," Dravid said after India's series-clinching 7-wicket win against Sri Lanka. "He has done exceedingly well. He came up with solid runs under his belt and gained confidence ahead of the World Cup. We hope he will keep up the momentum. His experience and solidity at the top is good for the team and he had led the team in the last World Cup will definitely be an advantage to us," he said. Dravid said Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh being among runs was a welcome news ahead of the next month's quadrennial event in the West Indies. "I am pretty happy about it. It will give them confidence and the way they placed is very heartening and good for them and good for the team," he said. The captain sounded upbeat after the series win and said the team would ?hit the ground harder? in the Caribbean. "It is a great series win especially to come back from 0-1 and win the last two matches successively. Winning the series has given lot of confidence to the team in total," he said. "One great thing about our team is that we have so much of depth and flexibility. Whichever the 11 out of 15 players we play in a match, we have to win each game. For this match Sachin Tendulkar was not there and played an eleven today and the team performed to our strategies," he said. Dravid denied injuries were a concern with the mega event less than a month away. "We did not want to risk them (Munaf Patel and Irfan Pathan). Munaf had a stiff back and Pathan this morning bowled couple of overs at the nets and he was bit underdone. The World Cup is not happening tomorrow and these injuries are not a concern because they are minor in nature. We will hit the ground harder during the World Cup, which is a different tournament held in different atmosphere and hope these players will be hundred per cent fit by then," he said. The 33-year-old Bangalore batsman said the team should keep its momentum going into the World Cup. "There are many teams in the run as contenders like the West Indies and Sri Lanka besides others. I have faith in my batting and the team's batting and if we keep the momentum going, we should find success in World Cup. We got to keep bettering our performances. If we win matches like this in the World Cup and perform to our potential and keep consistency in tact it will be better," he added.