Eduardo's shocking injury

PaiN_KiLLeR

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The EPL is populated by barbarians who wouldn't think twice before flying in with a two footed tackle that could take out fully grown mules. This particular specimen who broke Eduardo's ankle into pieces is Taylor of Brimingham City, a giant of a man, and there is no doubt it wasn't an accident. I am with Wenger. Such idiots should face a lifetime ban from football.

Horrible. He isn't going to play for another year, tops. It's a shame because he looked like a really good player. When he comes back he won't be half as good. Remember Liverpool's record signing Djibril Cisse - a striker with frightening pace who broke his leg a few months into his first season. When he came back he was never quite as threatening and ended up being sold a few years later

Thought when Petr Cech was laid out by Michael Hunt's knee with a skull fracture, I had seen it all. Apparently not. Maybe the worst ever such was Toni Schumaker's deliberate pole-axing of Patrick Battiston in 1982 WC semis. Two front teeth knocked out, fractured vertebrae, out stone cold on the pitch. Platini thought he had died. Referee awarded a goal kick- termed the worst decision in the history of World Cup football.

Thought when Petr Cech was laid out by Michael Hunt's knee with a skull fracture, I had seen it all. Apparently not. Maybe the worst ever such was Toni Schumaker's deliberate pole-axing of Patrick Battiston in 1982 WC semis. Two front teeth knocked out, fractured vertebrae, out stone cold on the pitch. Platini thought he had died. Referee awarded a goal kick- termed the worst decision in the history of World Cup football.
Aye, the Schumacher one is probably the worst ever seen in this sport. His attempted maiming of Battiston is what won Germany that match though. Schumacher got a psychological advantage over them and won Germany that semifinal in the penalty shootout. I've seen some pretty horrible ones. Roy Keane deliberately crippling Haaland, Bosvelt trying to kill Dennis Irwin in a Champions League match, and a few nasty ones in Spanish football. None of them compare to this; supposedly the worst injury ever seen in English football. David Buust of Coventry City got his entire leg shattered...notice how Schmeichel can't even force himself to look at him; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOKCMQpxKo]YouTube - David Busst Horrific Injury[/ame] Wikipedia;
His playing career came to an end on April 8, 1996 whilst playing for Coventry against Manchester United. Two minutes into the match, Busst collided with United players Denis Irwin and Brian McClair, resulting in extensive compound fractures to both the tibia and fibula of his right leg.[2] The match had to be delayed for 15 minutes while the blood was cleaned off the pitch. It is reputed that Manchester United's goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel vomited on the pitch upon seeing the injury and had to have counselling afterwards, along with a number of other players.[citation needed] Busst's injuries were so bad that he at one point ran the risk of having his leg amputated.[3] Despite having 26 operations, Busst remained a member of the Coventry squad but never played again and retired from the game following advice from his doctors on 6 November 1996 at the age of 29. His testimonial, played in May 1997 against Manchester United, was a sell-out.[3]

Looking at Eduardo's leg break again, i don't think it was a result of that tackle by Martin Taylor. He was a bit late (i've seen much worse) but he clearly went for the ball, so the intent wasn't there. Eduardo may have landed on that foot awkwardly - that is how most leg breaks happen. The ref didn't even card him until he realized the severity of the injury. It's hilarious watching Wenger crying about it though - he is such a hypocrite. A manager who had Patrick Vieira as one of his proteges shouldn't be talking about these things with such conviction.

Horrific. Saw it again on TV. BTW Newcastle...11 goals in 2 matches.:hysterical::hysterical:
I thought SKY weren't showing replays ? Gotta love Newcastle. I laughed when Keegan returned to rapturous public suport in Tyneside, their fickle fans singing "we're in heaven, we've got Kevin" or some stupid sh it like that. Well, after losing 4 of their last 6 matches scoring a mere 3 goals and conceding a whopping 19 goals ( :haha: ) i don't think they are in heaven anymore...

Was not that bad a tackle. Just a bit late. Arsenal players have committed much worse and wenger is a hypocrite. Only in last game against Mau Utd they try to kill nani
THey didn't try to kill Nani!! I'm not a big Arsenal fan either but that was a horrendous tackle. Career ending most probably ...:((

Pred, you know though why Keegan is a legend at Newcastle, don't you? He coached them in the first Premiership season, I think. Newcastle were all set for the title, leading by some 20-odd points at Christmas, but lost points continuously and were pipped to the title by Blackburn Rovers, of all teams, eventually (I think)!

Pred, you know though why Keegan is a legend at Newcastle, don't you? He coached them in the first Premiership season, I think. Newcastle were all set for the title, leading by some 20-odd points at Christmas, but lost points continuously and were pipped to the title by Blackburn Rovers, of all teams, eventually (I think)!
Blackburn had won it the season before. Yes Dhondy, luckily i lived through those legendary title races. The title race you speak of wasn't the first season (1993). It was '96. Newcastle had a 12 point lead in Feb and eventually surrendered it to Manutd. It's the greatest title race i've ever seen in English football. The pivotal point of the season was probably the match between the two at St.James which Manutd won 0-1 thanks to a goal from Cantona. The defeat placed the nail on the coffin, and then the loss to Liverpool was the hammer which thrust it in. That CLASSIC 4-3 loss to Liverpool at Anfield - memorable for Stan "THE MAN" Collymore's last minute goal. Newcastle led, could have closed it out but defending to finish matches wasn't part of the Keegan philosophy and they paid the price for it. The loss put them 3 points behind Manutd and effectively signalled the end of the race - there was no looking back from that point on for rednose Fergie. I have this match on VHS...:two_thumbs_up: Keegan broke the bank to buy Shearer after Euro 1996, shattering the transfer record but he never lived down the loss from the year before and ended up leaving in tears halfway into the season, a broken man who felt he had taken the club as far as he could. He was right. He isn't that bad a manager, but he was tactically inept and always more of a "cheerleader" than a proper gaffer ...and Barcelona just made it 3-1. F UCK

Speaking of England, do you think Capello will ever sort out that mess ? He managed to end Real Madrid's trophy drought against all the odds last season but international football is a different kettle of fish; a form of football he has no experience with. In between the league schedule, a manager has almost no time to build a winning combination and he can never afford to lose a single match - in football mad England, even more so. In that sense, managing at international level is much harder than at club level.