Has Sunny gone to far?

Re: Has Sunny gone to far? I said this on the other thread as well - he was well out of order by bringing David Hookes into this. Pitiful stuff from Gavaskar. He portrays himself as a gentleman who played the game in the right spirit, but now he has completely tarnished his own image by making these snide remarks. I used to have a great deal of respect for him and never expected him to stoop so low ! Telling off a c*nt like Ponting is all well and good, but yes - he definitely went too far.

Re: Has Sunny gone to far? Yep he does not come out of this favourably. In fact disgusting behaviour by sunny, I have lost respect for him after this. It may well have been error of judgement but the fact he has not apoligised yet is quite awful. Just imagine if an aussie has said similar thing about an indian. We would all be going nuts

Re: Has Sunny gone to far?

In bringing the death of hookes in to aussie on field behaviour? I think he made an error here and has facked up. He may be forced in to an apology here, especially to the Hookes family.
No I don't think so. David Hookes was hit at when he had said a bunch of stuff to the club bouncer, including Eff off. The latter two words are routinely said by Aussies on cricket field, Waugh has said to Ambrose(admitted it too), Ponting did it to another bowler if I am not mistaken. Anyway the point being the words that Aussies utter(and get away with) on field is the same that would(and did) land them in a terrible situation leading to possible death. xxxx

Re: Has Sunny gone to far? No he didn't deserve to die, but the point is it's not easy to get away with that kind of behavior in real world, which happens and is often idolized by some in cricket mostly by the ozs. I don't see why Sunny should apologize for it.

So cos Hookes said fack off to a bouncer while drunk he deserves to die :eek: If bouncers starting hitting people cos people are drunk and swear at them, then they will be doing a lot of hitting
I suggest, you read again what Sunny had to say.... He didnt justify Hookes' death..... he jus said, if those convicts keep swearing and throwing tantrums, they will get a fist on their face ala Hookesy....

So cos Hookes said fack off to a bouncer while drunk he deserves to die :eek: If bouncers starting hitting people cos people are drunk and swear at them, then they will be doing a lot of hitting
This is what Gavaskar actually said.
Some day, some other hot-head guy might actually get down and you know whack somebody who abuses him," Gavaskar said on ESPN. He cited the example of the former Australia cricketer David Hookes, who had been fatally beaten up outside a bar. "There's the example of the late David Hookes. Would the Australians who use that kind of language on the field, and not all of them do, in a bar and would they get away with it? Would they have a fist coming at their face or not?"
Tell me why is it not relevant? And he doesnt justify Hookes deserved to die or anything. Just that Aussie players, like Hookes, would get hit. xx

Re: Has Sunny gone to far? Apart from mentioning Hooke's,Sunny is right on the money.But the Aussies are using that as a shield to drown the larger issue....why dont these upstarts talk about the real thing here...their onfield behaviour has brought serious disrepute to the game....

Exactly. He lost the high moral ground and facked up. He will be forced in to aplogy, no other option.
Why is it only Indians that have to worry about moral highgrounds? I am willing to hear this "Sunny should apologize" line of argument provided Mcgrath, Ponting, Waughs of this world apologize for their actions on the field. Would they? xxxx