Fitting send-off for one of the game's great one-day players

Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka's gloriously combustible opening batsman, has vowed to back his natural instincts and continues a high-risk strategy of all-out attack against the new ball during this World Cup. Statistics tell of the immensity of Jayasuriya's one-day career. His 384th ODI, a record shared with India's Sachin Tendulkar. Only Tendulkar has made more runs; no-one has more sixes. He has already slammed two centuries in this year's World Cup edition. The Caribbean extravaganza will be the best send-off for one of the game's biggest entertainer.

Re: Fitting send-off for one of the game's great one-day players

He failed in Semis and Finals of 96 tournament.. He failed in Semis last time.. Can he handle pressure??
Well if he cannot this will be the time to change that notion for those envious minds. You talk about a man who called an early retirement and then reverses it to take the team into semis of WC. What more do you want of this 38 year old guy?

Re: Fitting send-off for one of the game's great one-day players >You talk about a man who called an early retirement and then reverses it to take the team into semis of WC. What more do you want of this 38 year old guy? semis of WC?? are they in semis yet?? This is the same guy who struggled to put bat to ball against India only year ago..and ppl where calling for his head....but we all know he give it everything..and thats what counts..Good that SL did not drop him forever..I hope India do the same..

Re: Fitting send-off for one of the game's great one-day players >Doesn't matter if he fails. Atleast he is not playing like a scared cat. so its not imp to score runs..but its more imp to play freely..in that case we shud never drop Sehwag..becoz he is never scored..

>Doesn't matter if he fails. Atleast he is not playing like a scared cat. so its not imp to score runs..but its more imp to play freely..in that case we shud never drop Sehwag..becoz he is never scored..
I didn't mean fail forever.

:hail::hail::hail: He is my Tendulkar for this cup.
Dont force him into indiscretion and turn him into a Sanath "I understand my game better" Jayasuriya or a Sanath "I am a team man" Jayasuriya or a Sanath "I croak and choke in a pressure game" Jayasuriya :hic: