Sheik Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: If the Shiite Doctrine Is Preache

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

This gentleman is basically the POPE of arabia.. Sheik Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: If the Shiite Doctrine Is Preached in Egypt, There Will Be Civil Strife and Endless Massacres http://memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=1324 Sheik Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: Eight years ago, I visited Iran, in the days of President Khatami. He held a grand reception for me, as did all the officials and ayatollahs in Iran. They received me in a great way, and welcomed me, but I said to them: If we really want to get closer, several things are unavoidable. For one, we must avoid provocations, about which we cannot reach an agreement. One such thing is that you must stop saying that the Koran is incomplete. Most of the Shiites believe that the existing Koran is the word of God, and they interpret it, and rely on it in their jurisprudence and everything. But they say that this Koran is not the entire Koran. They say that the Koran was twice the size of this Koran, that the Al-Ahzab chapter was twice the size of whatever, and this or that chapter was twice the size of whatever... All this talk about the Koran is unacceptable. Some of them reject these things, while others believe in them. I said to them: We must be quiet about the Koran and about the Sunni imams - Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Hanifa, Al-Maalik, Abu Hanbal. Even more important is to refrain from cursing the Prophet's companions. Brothers, I advocate closer ties between Sunnis and Shiites, and I support the resistance of Hizbullah, but under no circumstances will I allow it to serve as a reason for Shiite penetration of Sunni countries, because this will lead to civil strife and a fire that will consume everything. We Egyptians are not familiar with this. Egypt is a Sunni country, and we have never known any conflict. Hanafi, Shafi, and Maliki ? they are all Sunni doctrines. But the conflict now raging in Iraq ? the daily massacres among Sunnis and Shiites... The same could happen [in Egypt] if this continues. If there is preaching of the [shiite] doctrine, the others will stand up against them. Then there will be civil strife and endless massacres. Therefore, I say we must be vigilant. Sucha a high regard for religious freedom even for different islamic doctrine less said about other religions the better it wold be.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Sheik Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: If the Shiite Doctrine Is Preache Alqardhavi got his wish, it's ON in lebana some brotherhood they have. A Shi'ite Muslim Lebanese man was shot dead in a Sunni neighbourhood on Sunday as he returned from a third day of protests against the Western-backed government. Security sources said gunmen had fired at a group who were returning from the protests through the Sunni QasQas neighbourhood of Beirut, killing the young man -- who was shot in the back with an automatic rifle -- and wounding 12 others. The army was investigating the shooting. Earlier a van carrying protesters through the neighbourhood had been stoned, and the army had broken up an ensuing scuffle. http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-12-03T220415Z_01_L03812609_RTRUKOC_0_UK-LEBANON-GOVERNMENT.xml&WTmodLoc=HP-C3-World-6