What the hell is going on

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/33218/uk-tells-indian-doctors-pack-up.html Just last week was in toronto my cab driver truned out to be an enginner from some engg college in Punjab. Well his case was little trcky because mesers was employed with EIL and was involved in a scam and hence left India leaving his wife and kid behind. HE was least bothered about them was of view that his wife will get remarried to someone. I didn't detect in nostalgia and anguish in that statement. it was made in quite cavalier fashion. His persona life aside given the way his views were for hsi wife and kid I am nto sure i am at allsympathetic to this particualr sample. but fact is guy had an engg degree and could not get a job fitting to his education. Every day on public TV channle known as TVO they are discussing how doctors from india Pakistan and other countries are driving cab whereas the waiting queue for as nominal as MRI scan is getitng longer and longer day by day. You should forget about getting access to family doctor if u don't have kid. I got acess recently when my son was born. All the while politicians are crying in the assembly to somehow pump more money increase seats in medical colleges which hardly seems to materialize. I don't know about UK scene and how this decision to not allow indian doctos trained in usa to practice, is going to impact the health care sector there. But if it's anythign like canada expect a crunch of family doctors pretty soon. Why can't they adopt USA method where u pass USMLE get residenhsip and do few years of training and then start practicing.

Re: What the hell is going on Dada, doctors are expensive to employ. Moreover, in places like the UK, there are limited number of jobs, and even the locally trained Brits are facing unemployment. Can you blame the governments? Besides, if a fully trained doctor or engineer would rather drive cabs or fill cars in the West than ply their trade back home, that's their choice, isn't it?

Guest dada_rocks

Re: What the hell is going on

Dada, doctors are expensive to employ. Moreover, in places like the UK, there are limited number of jobs, and even the locally trained Brits are facing unemployment. Can you blame the governments? Besides, if a fully trained doctor or engineer would rather drive cabs or fill cars in the West than ply their trade back home, that's their choice, isn't it?
i really don't know how it's in uk but in canada they give those doctors and engineers immigration based on those degrees because presumaly they need these professionals.. but after they come here they get to face the policy which doesn't recognise the very same degrees... sounds unfair to me..

Guest dada_rocks

also' date=' nobody wants to be a family physician anymore. Everyone wants to go into specializations and stuff like that.[/quote']all the more reason for trained professional from abroad to be allowed to practice

Guest dada_rocks

I will say this though' date=' Canada is need of skilled labour more than anything. But immigrants don't want to be skilled labourers.[/quote'] What do u mean doctors who come here don't want to practice medicine??