Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata

DesiChap

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata Guys defending Ganguly should realize that he was not taken to play sheet anchor role. Heck , VVS would have been better choice if that was the case . BTW, I think the real reason for Ganguly adulation by the bengal fans is Bengal has been discriminated against for many years and not many cricketers have come out from the great state of bengal. We need more cricketers from bengal so that they don't end up unnecessarily idolizing Ganguly when they could preserve it for other legitimate cricket stars.

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata This is the very thing that is wrong with our country, people have always been more loyal to thier "own" people than our great country. Sihks want Kalistan, Kashmiris want their own country, muslims want their own country...even when they live in india many support pakistan...Hindus clamour for own causes. I'm certainly not saying this is always the case and every individual is certainly an individual but it really, really pisses me off when shit like this happens. When people humiliate my great nation because someone of their regional area did well. I will NEVER forget the day bengali fans booed the indian cricket team at eden gardens because ganguly was not on the team. HE SUCKED ASS! back then he was playing terribly! he didn't deserve to be on the team, how can you be more loyal to one person than to your entire country. Some things are simply unacceptable and this is one of them. I'm sorry, if you don't like India that much then just leave. We are a free country, you have teh freedom of speech, thought, religion...but this is just despicable.

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata

BTW' date= I think the real reason for Ganguly adulation by the bengal fans is Bengal has been discriminated against for many years and not many cricketers have come out from the great state of bengal. We need more cricketers from bengal so that they don't end up unnecessarily idolizing Ganguly when they could preserve it for other legitimate cricket stars.
Not really. Players from West Bengal have not made a mark on International level and quite simply are not good enough. Historically many players moved from the erstwhile strong states team to West Bengal simply because they would not be selected for their own states. Once in West Bengal they almost always did well for themselves. Examples would range from Chetan Sharma, Lalchand Rajput(played for Assam and not Bengal) and recently Rohan Gavaskar. Bengalis have supported Ganguly for one simple reason - because Saurav Ganguly is a Bengali. And in that they have quite effectively put India on the backburner. This of course is highly shameful act and I can only imagine how would the rest of the country react if say the Muslims of India went on to support only Muslim players, or worse other Muslim countries. By the way in recent times many Bengal players - Ganguly, Arun Lal, Utpal Chatterjee, Laxmi Ratan Shukla etc etc have played for India. xxxx

This is the very thing that is wrong with our country, people have always been more loyal to thier "own" people than our great country. Sihks want Kalistan, Kashmiris want their own country, muslims want their own country...even when they live in india many support pakistan...Hindus clamour for own causes. I'm certainly not saying this is always the case and every individual is certainly an individual but it really, really pisses me off when **** like this happens. When people humiliate my great nation because someone of their regional area did well. I will NEVER forget the day bengali fans booed the indian cricket team at eden gardens because ganguly was not on the team. HE SUCKED ASS! back then he was playing terribly! he didn't deserve to be on the team, how can you be more loyal to one person than to your entire country. Some things are simply unacceptable and this is one of them. I'm sorry, if you don't like India that much then just leave. We are a free country, you have teh freedom of speech, thought, religion...but this is just despicable.
:hail::hail::hail:

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata first of all, we should not allow ourselves to be stirred by illegal aliens like this..... even if u shout abuses at him, it is a moral victory for him.... there are plenty of threads to reply and read, jus move on......

Of course' date=' the only discrimination is against the southies :lol: :hic:[/quote'] Hope you have seen that this guy's post is beyond regional selection issues in India. He is talking about Benglais being happy that Bangladesh is still playing (in place of India I might add). That's like me being happy that SL is still playing cause Murali is there.
He's right to an extent- ie, Bengalis arn't super-disappointed with India crashing out to Bangladesh like rest of the country. And its understandable that Bangladesh will be treated differently in bengal than elsewhere - they are afterall, Bengalis too. And before anyone comments about Bengalis feeling less disappointed because Bangladesh got through, they need to look at Tamil Nadu and their support of LTTE terrorists first. He's also right about Bengal players typically getting the shaft in zonal politics. Or atleast, he is right in the pre-Dalmiya years. The Anandabazar Patrika and the Telegraph are two of the most reputed dailies from Kolkata- i am sorry but if someone reads AP and Telegraph regularly, he/she knows far more about Bengal than the rest of the country who dont read those two dailies or live in Bengal.

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata I don't agree that bengalis are less disappointed in any way because of bangladesh :lol: , but discriminations do exist. If not for Dalmya, someone like Ganguly couldn't even get in the team

hey need to look at Tamil Nadu and their support of LTTE terrorists first.
what a moronic statement. not surprising coming from you. learn to distinguish between "few" and the entire state. also learn to distiniguish between tamilians in SL and the LTTE.

He's also right about Bengal players typically getting the shaft in zonal politics. Or atleast, he is right in the pre-Dalmiya years.
Would be better if you give some names here. Can you tell me who were these players that got "shafted"?
The Anandabazar Patrika and the Telegraph are two of the most reputed dailies from Kolkata- i am sorry but if someone reads AP and Telegraph regularly, he/she knows far more about Bengal than the rest of the country who dont read those two dailies or live in Bengal.
Local dailies have to write with one eye on local population who obviously are their main audiene. That inherently brings a bias if anything else. Growing up in Bihar I can vividly recall Telegraph and Statesman being the most respected newspaper, far ahead than the likes of HT and TOI. Today they(Telegraph & Statesman) hardly have an audience in Bihar. Guess why? xxxxx

what a moronic statement. not surprising coming from you. learn to distinguish between "few" and the entire state. also learn to distiniguish between tamilians in SL and the LTTE.
There are parties in TN who support LTTE. It's surprising that when Rajiv Gandi was killed in bomb blast all the polticians including Late Moopanar and Jayalalitha escaped. They were beside all that time during the meeting and at that time he was alone :huh:

Of course' date=' the only discrimination is against the southies :lol: :hic:[/quote'] Hope you have seen that this guy's post is beyond regional selection issues in India. He is talking about Benglais being happy that Bangladesh is still playing (in place of India I might add). That's like me being happy that SL is still playing cause Murali is there.
He's right to an extent- ie, Bengalis arn't super-disappointed with India crashing out to Bangladesh like rest of the country. And its understandable that Bangladesh will be treated differently in bengal than elsewhere - they are afterall, Bengalis too. And before anyone comments about Bengalis feeling less disappointed because Bangladesh got through, they need to look at Tamil Nadu and their support of LTTE terrorists first. He's also right about Bengal players typically getting the shaft in zonal politics. Or atleast, he is right in the pre-Dalmiya years. The Anandabazar Patrika and the Telegraph are two of the most reputed dailies from Kolkata- i am sorry but if someone reads AP and Telegraph regularly, he/she knows far more about Bengal than the rest of the country who dont read those two dailies or live in Bengal.
u have made it a habit of commenting on thing, which u have no grasp..... Like Lurker pointed out, who are those players who have constantly got the raw deal from Bengali cricket... trying to justify supporting a different nation becasue they are similar people, is ridiculous irrespective of whether another state does it or not....

There are parties in TN who support LTTE. It's surprising that when Rajiv Gandi was killed in bomb blast all the polticians including Late Moopanar and Jayalalitha escaped. They were beside all that time during the meeting and at that time he was alone :huh:
I am not talking politics here. Talking about the common man. State of Indian politics across the country is quite well known.

I can think of only two Bengal players that got shafted from the top of my head. Dilip Doshi and Deep Dasgupta.
Dilip Doshi was from Gujrat(by birth). Anyway Doshi played 30 plus Test and captured 100 plus wickets, not to mention 10 oddd ODI. Deep Dasgupta is one of the crappiest player to ever don Indian colours. Still managed to play 8 tests. How is that shafting?