India can be proud of....

head coach

Shashi Tharoor. (India's candidate for the post of the UN Secretary General) His work at the UN involved everything from handling refugee crises in Singapore to maintaining the peace in former Yugoslavia, disseminating public information to enhancing his organisation's image and efficiency. And yes, in 2003, he was also appointed United Nations Coordinator for Multilingualism. If this is not a life dedicated to diplomacy, what is? 02sld1.jpg Shashi Tharoor makes his farewell speech to guests and staff members of United Nations at a farewell reception given in his honour at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. What is next for him? Will he play a role in India's foreign policy or Will he even run for a political office in India?

Re: India can be proud of.... Yeah, he was undoubtedly a great servant to the UN. The Western countries managed to get their lap dog in power though (Ban ki Moon, South Korean, World Unification Church member). After Kofi Annan, the Western powers don't want anyone coming in their way.

Re: India can be proud of.... Yes India should be proud of him. I have read a few books from him, the ones that come to mind immediately were about India and Jawaharlal Nehru, and must say I have liked him as an author/writer/historian. In fact I would say Shashi Tharoor is greatly inspired by Nehru and one can sort of pick that by the way he carries himself, Western outlook with Indian roots. Performed his job with great credibility and it was sad to see him lose the UN election thans to geo-politics rather than anything else. xxx