How to undo the numlock in Toshiba satellite A70

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

There is no desginated numlock key but lat night I did a cardinal mistake of trusting my son to keep himself occupied with toys while I went for loo. Within a minuste he left his toy and pounced on laptop like hyena in wait When i cam back he was going at the keyboard with both his hands like mozart with piano and somehow he has managed the task of turning numlock ON. I have no clue which key combination does this in toshiiba satellite A70.. Any help would be highly highly appreciated. thanks

Re: How to undo the numlock in Toshiba satellite A70

There is no desginated numlock key but lat night I did a cardinal mistake of trusting my son to keep himself occupied with toys while I went for loo. Within a minuste he left his toy and pounced on laptop like hyena in wait When i cam back he was going at the keyboard with both his hands like mozart with piano and somehow he has managed the task of turning numlock ON. I have no clue which key combination does this in toshiiba satellite A70.. Any help would be highly highly appreciated. thanks
DR, It should be one of the function keys. Press Fn(function) and try those function keys one with a bag shape and 1 in it is the number key. You also have scroll as a function key.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: How to undo the numlock in Toshiba satellite A70

If you have an external keyboard perhaps you could hook that up with laptop and then take off num-lock? :doh:
bhaya ye t na hyega

Re: How to undo the numlock in Toshiba satellite A70 DR, numlock key has to be there. It may not the primary function of the key, could be a secondary function activated (like Kabira says) with the "Fn" function key. For example, on my thinkpad, Scroll Lock and Num Lock are on the same key. Num lock gets activated with "Fn" function key.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: How to undo the numlock in Toshiba satellite A70 Thanks guys it works now have no clue which key did the trick because I pressed alot of them along with function key..