Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

wow thanks for giving me the idea of ignoring you!!
Anybody can ignore anybody - it's their prerogative. But you are still just not man enough to admit your mistakes. Grow some balls and come back - until then keep ignoring happily and get pawned by one and all here :two_thumbs_up:

To this day nothing has change from the 90s when it comes to big games. Sachin goes out their puts his heart and soul on the field performs brilliantly for his country and next thing you know the rest of the group just folds like a giant folding a piece of paper. Just one more reason to admire this living legend, despite playing along site such incompetent teammates during the years he has not said one bad word or has never whined or complained about their lackluster performances. Words cannot describe my admiration for this man, I am just glad to be able to witness a LEGEND at work.

Anybody can ignore anybody - it's their prerogative. But you are still just man enough to admit your mistakes. Grow up and come back - until then keep ignoring happily and get pawned by one and all here
I am always ready to admit my mistakes...Dont think I am wrong here. And seeing your post, pretty sure that I'm more mature than you... Just made an observation that sachin's tons do not increase india's chances of winning by much....never pointed out fingers at his brilliance. Cant understand what do you have against me. Probably another over-sentimental worshiper :dontknow:
I am always ready to admit my mistakes...Dont think I am wrong here. And seeing your post, pretty sure that I'm more mature than you... Just made an observation that sachin's tons do not increase india's chances of winning by much....never pointed out fingers at his brilliance. Cant understand what do you have against me. Probably another over-sentimental worshiper :dontknow:
I thought you are ignoring me :winky: I do not have anything against you nor am I an over-sentimental worshipper. I do not and will not worship any human being as I consider that an insult to one's own self to worship another human being regardless of what super power the other person has. Apart from it, I would ask you to just read my previous posts as I have nothing more to add to you as I know what the end result will be.

I may be part of a minority, but I am with poster ghost here. I thought while watching the game that both Sachin and Gambhir were playing for their respective milestones going at less than 6 RPO before they took the batting PP. Then they started playing wild shots and the collapse started. After the blazing start by Sehwag and SRT, losing just a single wicket shouldn't slow you down from 8.8 RPO to 6+ RPO. That is just bad batting. I also agree with posters like BB that these winning 100s stats is all bogus as it depends on how your bowlers perform. It isn't indicative of how good the 100 was unless it was a slow ass 100 resulting directly in the loss which ofc wasn't the case here.

This is not the right way to do such stats ... simple reasons being 1. we have lost badly to minnows and wished he had scored in them. 2. You have taken Indias win % in the last 5 yrs as a benchmark and used it to make your point on SRTs ODI hundreds which have been happening since more than 15 yrs ago. 3. Had Nehra not given away those runs ( and its not like he was asked to defend 5 runs ) this 100 would have ended on the right side. SRT has simply no control over the capabilities ( or the lack of it ) of our fast bowler 4. He is also not clairvoyant to know that he had to stick in there for 10 more balls because the next 8 would fold up and end up not facing 50 overs.
1. Disagree...sachin has scored 10 hundreds against minnows which india is expected to win anyways. so the overall record becomes misleading.... 2. Yeps, I was talking for recent times only....175 Vs Aust where we lost, n last 2 tons pretty fresh in the memory.... And if you see last five years we've won only 5 times in the 10 centuries that sachin has scored( against top teams), which only re-enforces my point: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;spanmin1=10+Jan+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting;view=match http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;result=1;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;spanmin1=10+Jan+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting;view=match 3 and 4. Again, its just an observation. No pointing fingers as I said.
I may be part of a minority, but I am with poster ghost here. I thought while watching the game that both Sachin and Gambhir were playing for their respective milestones going at less than 6 RPO before they took the batting PP. Then they started playing wild shots and the collapse started. After the blazing start by Sehwag and SRT, losing just a single wicket shouldn't slow you down from 8.8 RPO to 6+ RPO. That is just bad batting. I also agree with posters like BB that these winning 100s stats is all bogus as it depends on how your bowlers perform. It isn't indicative of how good the 100 was unless it was a slow ass 100 resulting directly in the loss which ofc wasn't the case here.
You are not giving enough credit to SA as well as Gambhir and Tendulkar. Tendulkar and Sehwag had taken the initiative from SA and had the game in the bag. After Sehwag went, Tendulkar played pretty well with Gambhir in the middle overs to lay a pretty substantial and solid platform for the rest of the batsmen. I mean how can you criticize batsmen who got the team to 267/1 after 39 overs??? You can't really expect Tendulkar, or anyone for that matter, to maintain the same scoring rate (50 off 33 balls) all the way through - even in the middle overs when there are 5 fielders at the boundary! What exactly did you want these guys to do? Score 320 off 40 overs? I am sorry to say if you can't win from a position of 267/1 the problem is not your top order but the middle and late order, and the bowlers. Tendulkar and Gambhir played a perfect game against SA. They didn't want Ind to lose the initiative by losing quick wkts soon after Sehwag's wicket and they scored at a pretty decent rate - around 5.7 or so in the middle overs, which is extremely good.
Very well then .. explain why we have lost to BD and Zim - that too in worldcups. I wont even talk about the Coca Cola ' date= Pepsi , Maza , Thumbsup cups from the 90s where we lost matches to Kenya , Zim
True. Losing to Zim in 99 was the main reason we couldn't carry any points forward and were knocket out before the semi-finals. And loss to B'desh did us in in 2007 :((
Very well then .. explain why we have lost to BD and Zim - that too in worldcups. I wont even talk about the Coca Cola ' date=' Pepsi , Maza , Thumbsup cups from the 90s where we lost matches to Kenya , Zim[/quote'] Sir, I have taken Team india's Results (56.XX% win record) against Top teams only. In that case, why would you want me to include sachin's minnow Tons?? we are talking tons against Top teams only...hope you get the point..

In case of other batsmen we criticise them for not scoring 100s but its Goddy and he scores so many 100s so now these despicable people like Vaibhav_Dhoni criticize him because he scores many 100s but in some of those matches India ends up losing. People like him can very easily say that these 100s don't lead to India's victory thereby putting the entire blame of the loss on that one man who has actually performed in that match rather than criticisng those other members of the team who are also supposed to contribute to the team's cause. Lets take some examples - India-Aus in Hyderabad in 2009: India needed 350 to win, Goddy made 175 and then he got out with India needing just 19 runs to win but alas we lost ~~ so now according to Vaibhav_Dhoni, the blame for this loss goes to the one man who scored 175 out of India's 347 runs and not to the other 10 players who, together could'nt score the rest of the 175 required to win. Another year, another match - India-SA 2011 WC: Goddy made another outstanding 100 to provide a dream start to the Indian innings along with Sehwag and Gambhir. India cruising at 267/2 in the 40th over..................and then the rest of the batting order together makes a grand total of 29 runs and Inda loses the match. Again, according to Vaibhav_Dhoni, the man to be blamed for this loss is the one who scored a 100 and not those batting maestros who in the end collapsed like a pack of cards once Goddy was out. :hatsoff::hatsoff: to Vaibhav_Dhoni for always finding out new ways of criticising our best performer.

Take Kenya and BD out, india wins only 63% of the matches when sachin scores a Ton against top teams. It should be arnd 85% for a hundred to be really useful.... Total hundreds against top teams(38): http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=match Hundreds in a winning cause(24): http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;result=1;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=match Indias Win percentage against top 7 team in last 5 years in 56%. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=won;result=1;result=2;result=3;spanmin1=05+Jan+2006;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=team Hence, Sachin scoring a ton DOES NOT increase Indias chances of winning by much.
Good post ! You brought out another thing that was at the back of my mind ; most of those 100s are against not so strong teams and when he DOES score against the big teams its usually NOT in a crunch situation, which may not be reflected in mere stats !
Good post ! You brought out another thing that was at the back of my mind ; most of those 100s are against not so strong teams and when he DOES score against the big teams its usually NOT in a crunch situation, which may not be reflected in mere stats !
Can you define "Crunch situations"? Or did he score all his 99 intl 100s in "non-crunch situations"?