Kevin Pietersen: churning centuries for fun

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

English inning in excess of 400 and KP century seems to be synonymous these days. Connisseurs of game still do't like his across the line whipping of outside off-stump line ball through mid-wicket while perched on front foot back-foot hanging in air but this guy in short career has battered them all from mcgrath to warne to murali to pollock. I used to think his game against spin is one trick i.e pick the line and sweep. But if he keeps on producing results like he has it hardly matters how many tricks he has got. Yet another century, seldom looks like getting out these days unless he commits harakiri himself. Reminds me of certain little master in 90's as far as consistency of scoring is concerned.

Yes, KP is truly sensational. Only player from England to show form in WC 2007. Averages above 50 in test cricket with a decent S/R . To me,thats the hallmark of a true stroke player unlike our grafters and sheet anchors who take for ever to score their centuries.:shades_smile:

Awesome, awesome batsman. He seems to have no flaws in his game. Plays all the shots, comfortable on either foot, and he has tremendous power in his wrists; making him a very powerful boundary hitter. Always looks at ease out there. In a year he will be universally recognised as the best batsman in the world, IMO. How the hell will the Indian bowlers handle him ?

Awesome' date=' awesome batsman. He seems to have no flaws in his game. Plays all the shots, comfortable on either foot, and he has tremendous power in his wrists; making him a very powerful boundary hitter. Always looks at ease out there. In a year he will be universally recognised as the best batsman in the world, IMO. How the hell will the Indian bowlers handle him ?[/quote'] Kumble is the key. So far, Peiterson has two major vulnerabilities : he cant play the outswinger on the offstump line early on and Pieterson loses his head 9 times outta 10 if you can keep him bogged down for long. Don't bowl at his legs whatever you do, get a offstump-away swinging pacer at one end and kumble at the other end, set bat-pad positions and leave an obvious gap somewhere to tempt him to go for it. And voila ! Pieterson falls ! He reminds me of a young Ponting in attitude and technique. Key against him is disciplined bowling, not spraying it around trying to come up with a killer ball.
Kumble is the key. So far, Peiterson has two major vulnerabilities : he cant play the outswinger on the offstump line early on and Pieterson loses his head 9 times outta 10 if you can keep him bogged down for long. Don't bowl at his legs whatever you do, get a offstump-away swinging pacer at one end and kumble at the other end, set bat-pad positions and leave an obvious gap somewhere to tempt him to go for it. And voila ! Pieterson falls !.
I think he'd swat Kumble for fun. Did you see how he manhandled Muralitharan ? None of the Indian bowlers can bowl outside off-stump regularly enough to trouble him. Guys like Zaheer and RPS hit the deck and look for bounce; they don't swing it. Sreesanth is India's best bet to knock off KP, but will he be fully fit by then ?
I think he'd swat Kumble for fun. Did you see how he manhandled Muralitharan ?
His approach against Murali was hit-n-miss and it was a 50-50 fight between the two though. If you notice, Kumble doesnt get charged nearly as often as Murali or Warne...but when Kumble bowls loose, he is driven around and all that...not charged..Pietersen's tactic is to charge spinners..not gonna work very well against kumble because Pieterson knows that he'd get owned by the flipper if he charges the Krumbler.