Format of this year's IPL

Ultimate_Game

I thought every side will play 18 games (9 at home and 9 away against every opponent) but when I checked the remaining IPL fixtures I saw that every team only plays 14 games! So what exactly is the format? Does each team only play 7 opponents home and away? The format seems a bit unfair as some teams may get a break by not playing one of the stronger teams (such as B'lore, Chennai or Mumbai) twice. Would really appreciate it if someone can explain this year's format or provide more information.

Every team plays 5 teams twice on home and away basis while they play the four teams on a single match basis in which two of the matches are played at home while the other two matches are played at away. You can't say which team is stronger at the start of the IPL as all the teams had maximum of $9,000,000 salary cap so they got the players that they paid for

Every team plays 5 teams twice on home and away basis while they play the four teams on a single match basis in which two of the matches are played at home while the other two matches are played at away. You can't say which team is stronger at the start of the IPL as all the teams had maximum of $9' date='000,000 salary cap so they got the players that they paid for[/quote'] Ok thanks! I don't agree with the contention that "all teams are equal". Some teams like Chennai have been traditionally been stronger in IPL and so is Mumbai especially after retaining 4 top players. In fact the two new entrants would have been weaker as they had no experience playing IPL and they didn't have the luxury of retaining any top players. I mean a team playing Mumbai and Chennai once, and the new franchises twice is bound to have an edge over a team which faces off against Chennai & Mumbai twice.