Two Scenarios

kabira

Lets say you are captain and you have to decide what will you decide out of the two 1) Bat again:- Bowlers are tired after bowling 103 overs...its not wise to make them ball 100 overs more and expect them to clean up English. There is possibility that English might survive due to tired bowlers. My premier bowler is carrying niggle. But English is down right now, so should I bowl again..No, no let me go with safer option. If my bowlers can't bowl them in 110 overs ,anyways we do not deserve to win. 2) Bowl again: we have 170 overs..but my bowlers are tired of bowling 103 overs..I also have over cast condition. My bowlers although tired are good enuf to make early in roads..I can then rely on Kumble bowling from one end. But he has already bowled 40 overs in first innings. Should I unleash him on 5th day pitch...What happens if England bat for 110 overs they will score 380 odd, what if due to tired bowling they are in position to dictate and force declaration. So far my bowlers have not bowled under pressure (except Lord's 2nd innings). Can they be trusted? It was surely tough decision for dravid. In reality its not his decision, its bowlers decision. I am sure Zaheer, SS, Kumble and RP would have collectively asked for breather.

either way Dravid would have crucified Had he opted to bowl again...we could easily have wasted 30 minutes of over cast condition...who knows with lot of bowling Zaheer (already had niggle) wud not been able to bowl at all..that time we would have blamed RD for opting to bowl.. It fuking tuf job to be indian captain..