Lawson hopes for MoYo to change his mind

Donny

Lawson wants 'killer's instinct' in Pakistan http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/307609.html spacer.gif Geoff Lawson was speaking after arriving in the country on Monday night to take up his post and prepare for the upcoming Twenty20 World Championship. "Any side that wants to be world's best needs aggression, the killer's instinct and must play to its strength and that's what I would be looking at," Lawson told a press conference. Pakistan face Scotland in their first Twenty20 World Championship match at Durban on September 12 before taking on India at the same venue two days later. Lawson said four Pakistani players - former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Farhat and Abdul Razzaq - joining the Indian Cricket League will not have a direct affect on the rest of the squad. But he still hoped Yousuf would have a change of mind. "I feel there would be no direct reflection of the players joining the league because players make their decisions but I would certainly hope Yousuf has a change of mind. Yousuf is a fine player and he is not only worth it for his runs but also for his influence on the younger players," Lawson said Lawson ruled out players' attitude, especially that of the mercurial Shoaib Akhtar, upsetting his planning. "Coaches have problems with the attitude of the players and this goes back to 700BC and it's nothing new. I don't see Akhtar as a problem. I am a fast bowler first so I will have to deal with that," said Lawson who took 180 wickets in 46 Tests for Australia. Lawson shrugged off comparisons with former team-mate Greg Chappell who had a bitter experience as Indian coach. "I don't agree Greg Chappell had a bitter experience; he spoke positively about the Indian players and the way India have played in England shows he did a good job."