Teenage hacker unlocks the iPhone

Gaurav

do you care about apple's warranty they charge $49 as labor charges even if you are in warranty
i havent ever been charged while in warranty... even my friends.. when they sent broken ipod back.. theyve never been charged..... apple immediately ships a brand new ipod back.. they dont repair that one that u sent and ship it back... they sell it as refurbished on the apple site.... where does the question of labor charge come in? also, apple has been adding functionality and applications along with bug fixes with every software update.. there's no way im gonna let that go.......

you dint read it carefully... 79 dollars is for putting the battery by Apple not for battery cost
copy paste from apple.com.......... What is the iPhone Battery Replacement Program? If your iPhone requires service only because the battery’s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will repair your iPhone for a service fee of $79, plus $6.95 shipping. Be sure to follow these instructions for optimizing lifespan and battery life before submitting your iPhone for battery replacement. How much does it cost to participate in the program? The program costs $79, plus $6.95 shipping. The program cost is $85.95 per unit. All fees are in US dollars and are subject to local tax. Service may not be available if your iPhone has been damaged due to accident or abuse. Please review Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for further details. terms and conditions...... As part of the service Apple may provide both parts and labor, but may direct that you replace certain readily installable parts yourself, as described below. In servicing your product, Apple may use new, used or refurbished parts or products. Apple will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged under service as its property, and the replacement part or product will become your property. Replaced parts and products are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Apple for value. links... http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/battery/ http://www.apple.com/legal/terms/repair/naonlinerepair.html

I gave you the link earlier to replace the battery it costs 79 bucks just to replace (to put it not the cost of battery) Maybe the news board wrote wrong. The CPB (Consumer Protection Board) says consumers should be able to replace the battery themselves. no more on this topic from my side you enjoy your apple toy