Hayden not retiring

MELBOURNE, Dec 28: Opener Matthew Hayden has said he had no intention of joining the exodus of veteran talent leaving the Australian side after scoring the 27th century of his grand career. Hayden, who was in superb touch and showed the grit needed to succeed on a difficult seaming pitch, said he still had more to achieve and must keep scoring runs. ?Runs is the only value in terms of currency, Justin Langer always said. So, I have got to be on my game all the time. We are always getting pressed from behind. That's an important part of Australian cricket?, said the 35-year-old. ?But I love my cricket. I love playing with these blokes. I am not ready to let it go just yet?, he was quoted as saying by the 'courier mail' on Thursday. Damien Martyn has already retired while Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath will go after the next week's Sydney Test. Hayden may have the chance to regain his spot in the one-day team this summer as Shane Watson, a surprise opener through the Champions Trophy tournament in India, has been ruled out with hamstring problems.