Bring back poor VVS Laxman

Rohan495

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman

I am comfortable in stating that if he were from UP he prolly would have lasted longer.
Really ? Got any facts to support this statement, or is it just some meaningless conjecture ? I think it's the latter. Your theory that there is some kind of conspiracy in selection which ensures that UP cricketers receive more chances in comparison to Southies is total BS. I ask you this, in the history of Indian cricket - how many UP cricketers have represented the national team for an extended period of time ? I can count just 2 - Mohammad Kaif and Manoj Prabhakar. I am being generous by counting Prabhakar because he played for Delhi throughout his career, but he was still born in Ghaziabad. SO NO MORE THAN 2 CRICKETERS from UP have survived at international level ! So much for your conspiracy theory. Now compare this to Laxman's state - Hyderabad have had Jaisimha, Ayub, Azharuddin, Venkatpathy Raju and Laxman. There have probably been more, but i am going purely on memory here. Being a Hyderabadi didn't stop Azharuddin from becoming Indian captain and playing over 300 ODI's ? Nor did it stop the others from having their moment in the sun. and I won't even bother going into cricketers from other South Indian states ! So the whole "regional" conspiracy theory you are coming up with makes no sense whatsoever. Face it - Laxman hasn't been a regular in ODI's because he just wasn't good enough.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman Nope i wont face the fact that he's not good enough for one day internationals. I feel like there has always been a selector who has denied access for him to be in the squad. It was politics that brought Laxman down. All I have to say is an average of 46.81 against the world champions. Is there anything else to be said? Who did India reach the final against in the world cup? and get smashed on by them.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman Answer me a question, are you seriously going to count that hundred Mongia scored against Zimbabwe? Doesnt matchwinning Hundred Against Australia sound better. Laxman shouldnt even be compared to trash such as Mongia and Raina..I know Raina is young but he will never score 281 in a match or win any matches Laxman did for India or save India from defeat

Answer me a question' date=' are you seriously going to count that hundred Mongia scored against Zimbabwe? Doesnt matchwinning Hundred Against Australia sound better. Laxman shouldnt even be compared to trash such as Mongia and Raina..I know Raina is young but he will never score 281 in a match or win any matches Laxman did for India or save India from defeat[/quote'] Would you not agree that kaif is trash? Why have you not slagged him of?

Nope i wont face the fact that he's not good enough for one day internationals. I feel like there has always been a selector who has denied access for him to be in the squad. It was politics that brought Laxman down.
*sigh* These statements of yours have no credibility. Pray tell, what would a selector have to gain from leaving Laxman out ? and don't go on another rant discussing regionalism, because i effectively shot that theory down in my last post. You shouldn't make such generalisations unless you can support them effectively with evidence. Otherwise it's just conjecture which has no value.
All I have to say is an average of 46.81 against the world champions. Is there anything else to be said?
Dude, do you remember Hemang Badani ? He averaged 40 against Australia as well, scoring a hundred and a few fifties against them. Big deal. We need batsmen who can score against all teams, and in any conditions. If India and Australia were the only teams playing cricket, sure - i'd pencil in Laxman's name before anyone elses. Too bad it doesn't work like that though.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman Predator, The issue is not trying to see how many from UP have made it to the big leagues. All I am saying is that if a talent like VVS had come from UP he would have stuck around longer. East gets neglected totally. It is prolly at the bottom of the food chain. Next comes South which does get an occasional look in, but you got to be world class all the way to survive. I bet that a Raina from the south would have had his sorry a$$ already sent back home after this many failures.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman your theory has no credibitily either..think about all the politics that goes on in India. Take Azharuddin for that manner, how many scandals has he been involved in. Dont pull out random names from your rear end like that. Dont try to compare Hemand Badani to Laxman. Laxman is a class player. I mean lets put it this way Laxman can shine on pitches outside of India. He scored runs in Australia, South Africa, West Indies key areas around the world. Dont even question his ability scoring runs outside of India.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman Predator, You act like you know what really goes on in the Indian Selection panel, you act just like a selector. You act like you know exactly what goes on, unfortunately you dont, dont try to represent the selection committee because they are full of crap

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman The bottom line is. Laxman and Ganguly have been out of the squad for a while. Lets give them both a chance in a one day series to see what theyre really about. Let them prove how much they want to be in the world cup squad. The selectors shouldnt just give such an abrupt ending to their respective careers.

Predator, The issue is not trying to see how many from UP have made it to the big leagues. All I am saying is that if a talent like VVS had come from UP he would have stuck around longer.
Why ? You are missing the point. If only TWO UP cricketers have represented India since independence, how can you say that they have been given favours by the selectors ? The fact is that UP are current Ranji Champions, hence the persistence with Raina and Kaif. At the moment, a lot of India's best youngsters are from UP. Laxman's career wouldn't have been any different had he played for UP, Mumbai, Delhi or Assam. You need to stop making these excuses, because they just aren't valid arguments. I've already provided ample info regarding his performance in ODI's.
East gets neglected totally. It is prolly at the bottom of the food chain. Next comes South which does get an occasional look in, but you got to be world class all the way to survive.
South gets an "occasional" look in ? LMFAO. India's whole bowling attack in the '70's and 90's was South Indian ! You really haven't got a clue about what you are saying here. I wonder what BossBhai would make of this post of yours. You got to be world class all the way to survive REGARDLESS of where you are from. Please name some North Zone cricketers who stuck around for more than a year inspite of being crap ? Go on, i'm listening !

your theory has no credibitily either..think about all the politics that goes on in India. Take Azharuddin for that manner, how many scandals has he been involved in. Dont pull out random names from your rear end like that. Dont try to compare Hemand Badani to Laxman. Laxman is a class player. I mean lets put it this way Laxman can shine on pitches outside of India. He scored runs in Australia, South Africa, West Indies key areas around the world. Dont even question his ability scoring runs outside of India. You act like you know what really goes on in the Indian Selection panel, you act just like a selector. You act like you know exactly what goes on, unfortunately you dont, dont try to represent the selection committee because they are full of crap
? But I haven't posted any theories ? I don't know anything about politics in India, so why don't YOU enlighten me as to why Laxman was left out for political reasons ? OK, so i don't know exactly what goes on. I suppose you do ? Do tell us. All i know about Azharuddin is that he was from the same state as Laxman, and ended up having a very successful and fruitful career. Leaving the match-fixing stuff aside. Regionalism or politics obviously didn't hinder his progression as an ODI cricketer. The Badani example was provided just to show you that you cannot judge a player solely on the basis of his performance against 1 team.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman Predator, do the names Chetan Sharma, Madan Lal, Chetan Chauhan ring a bell? And let's compare these to the world class spinners of the 70s and to Srinath. The list of mediocrity that has survived from non-southern states is quite appalling. I never said players from the South never get a look in. May be the "occasional look in" was incorrect. Neverthless, you got to be world-class and on top of your game if you are from the South and are to survive.

Re: Bring back poor VVS Laxman First of all the reason why Dinesh Mongia was on the team for the world cup was because the North Zone selector vouched for him that much. Second of all India is full of politics, as soon as Jagmohan Dalmiya left BCCI look at the state of Ganguly. Your acting like the selection committee is hundred percent correct and make no mistakes. They told Laxman that he is too be "rested" instead of telling hes out for fielding or not scoring runs consistent, comeon thats some shady stuff.

Predator' date=' do the names Chetan Sharma, Madan Lal, Chetan Chauhan ring a bell? [/quote'] Can you name any alternative South Indian cricketers who were better than these guys back then ?
The list of mediocrity that has survived from non-southern states is quite appalling.
Let's see that list. Can you also give me a list of world class cricketers from Southie states that never got a look-in ?

First of all the reason why Dinesh Mongia was on the team for the world cup was because the North Zone selector vouched for him that much. Second of all India is full of politics' date=' as soon as Jagmohan Dalmiya left BCCI look at the state of Ganguly. Your acting like the selection committee is hundred percent correct and make no mistakes. They told Laxman that he is too be "rested" instead of telling hes out for fielding or not scoring runs consistent, comeon thats some shady stuff.[/quote'] Alright, point taken. I don't follow Indian politics or what goes in with the BCCI, so i obviously can't make such inferences like you can. All i know is that this "conspiracy theory" regarding the supposedly sub-standard treatment of South Indian cricketers in comparson to their counterparts from the North is very flimsy and has no basis.