Salil at His Best

Dhondy

Re: Salil at His Best

He can either be banned permanently, or he can be thrown into Jail for a specific period of time.
Hehe. Nice.
Goes to show how much we depend on Dravid for our batting & Kumble for our bowling. One bad series from these two, exposes us BIG TIME.
Yup. Especially Rahul Dravid. This is his first loss of form in a long long time I think. And India are suddenly failing to put up good scores on the board. Don't think it is mere co-incidence.

Re: Salil at His Best Why do we have to keep going back to the 90s ? Bottom line is, opportunities like this (nailing SA in SA), will never present itself again in SRT's career. He had an opportunity to make history. He failed. Not just him, every batter is to be blamed.

Re: Salil at His Best Nailing Australia in Australia, SA in SA or Pakistan anywhere are rare occurrences in an Indian player's career. These are marquee matchups & will likely be used to judge the player's greatness when he hangs his boots. When such opportunities present themselves, great men have to show up. SRT may have been great in the 90s, but did we beat Aus in Aus or SA in SA or Pakistan in a test series ? Whether it was his fault or not is moot. Bottom line is the missed chance to create history. I wont forgive our batters for letting the nation down in these key moments.

Re: Salil at His Best most of my views of the OP have been summarised well by different posters in their replies.... But still, here is mine too, on the verge of being redundant.... " Self-loathing at its best....What bar-fight are you talking about? You guys ran away from supporting your own country and following a winning team in a jiffy..... Salil can write poems and have multiple orgasms over Australia now.... but has he followed tht all brawl and bawl macho team in the 80's???? Every team goes through a circle..... Now, it is australia's turn.... when a team is on top, it is easy to compose essay highlighting the greatness of even Lehman's dog.... if u really want to know further..... from personal experience, indians are the ones who will stand up for u and give their life when u get into a fight.... wont happen anywhere else.... i guess, u would have to go to high school in india for tht... our group of friends would be ready to take on anyone and anything for each other regardless of who was wrong.... the only race better than us indians in sticking up for each other as friends are Blacks in US.... I have plenty of them as friends and I see a lot of similarities.... Coming back to cricket... winning the 83 world cup, the great run in the 2003 WC post morale battered in minefield in NZ, the great comeback of 2001 series against Aussies..... if they dont make u get goose-pimples, it is time for u to rub the brown off ur noses... talking of domestic cricket intensity.... have u heard of how lamba and rashid patel almost killed themselves with in a brawl with stumps and bat... have u heard of incident about yadav... comparing a one-trick pony like Bichel with the real champions of indian cricket like Dravid who was continuously on the field for all 5 days to take us to a historic win over Aus in Aus, Kumble who bowled with his jaw fractured and strapped to remove Lara takes self-loathing to a new high.... Respect from others comes first from self-respect.... You guys jus are acting like those side-kicks who switch sides everytime a new Don takes over a city.... Sorry to say that, but nothing bothers me more than insulting my country and team.... and the original post questioned the guts of my countrymen who are second to none....

Re: Salil at His Best He did play his part even if it's not in 90s in beating pak in pak. Not only him, but everyone else failed to win a series in saf or oz. Agree that they all failed, but at least they don't need to bully the umpires to get ahead which seems to be part of the charm for many :lol:

Sad to hear what you are saying doc ... but I must say the concept of a die-hard fan just completly evades you ... ohhh well. :shrug:
The sadness is all mine, Boss. Three decades of waiting and hoping...and nothing to show for it. And Boss, I don't want to quibble over the definition of "die-hard", but I am quite happy to fail the test. Through all these years, I always supported my national team, because I believed that at some point they would turn around. I believed that victory on foreign shores was just a matter of time as the team gained experience and confidence. They drew against the weakest ever Pakistan team at home. We shrugged it off. They drew against an injury ravaged England team at home, we stood by them. Can't put up with this one though. This one was for the taking, the opportunity to make history in the backyard of a team that had always bullied us, laughed at us, an opportunity to silence the detractors, bring entire careers to fruition. And they blinked. All they had to do was hold their nerve. Be brave. Back themselves. They couldn't do it. You saw how Inzi did it. How Akmal did it. It can be done, no? Can never forgive cowardice. Not in any form. Not even in myself. If that means slipping from the pedestal reserved for die-hard fans, so be it.

He failed. Not just him' date=' every batter is to be blamed.[/quote'] Bumps .. what about the small fact that RD got mugged 3 times out of 6 in SAF ... or that pretty much every SAF batsman enjoyed a letoff ... or that we had to take 15 wkts per inngs and had to make do with 7 wkts when we batted ... Are these facts allowed to get in the way or we have now officially stuck our head in the sands ?
True, RD was undone by the umps twice in the Durban test, which was supposed to be his kind of test (grafter's pitch). The Saffies could make a similar argument about the weather not being in their favor. As much as we were robbed by the umpires, Saffies were robbed by the weather. But INSPITE of all those factors, we still had an opportunity to save the test, by just surviving out there for 4 hours (just 50 overs). Our top order failed to show the application that Dhoni & Zakky showed, which irks me. We caved in true to Boucher's words, within 50 overs. What a shame! IMO, we lost the test series right there. As for the last test, am totally gutted. Here we have SA team in SA on the mat. We have a lead of 50 runs and have an opportunity to bowl LAST with an Anil Kumble in our ranks. Yet we played like, we were the team under pressure. Contrast this with the innings Younis Khan & Akmal played in the 2nd test recently. They scored 100 runs in 19 overs inspite of being 90 odd for 5. I can see why Dhondy is so pissed with our overhyped underachievers.

Re: Salil at His Best Gator, you will find that Salil is just as patriotic as you. Stating the blinking obvious doesn't make one a traitor. If India play Australia, he'll be rooting for India. I think that says enough about his allegiance. Nor does being brazenly partisan, and blind to follies hung around one's neck define self respect.

Gator, you will find that Salil is just as patriotic as you. Stating the blinking obvious doesn't make one a traitor.
i didnt find that, sadly.... i told you what i found.... neither did i call him a traitor... i jus stated the blinking obvious...

Re: Salil at His Best I think this has gone far enough. Just to say that self respect is respect for the self, i.e. yourself. And respecting yourself demands that you never condone cowardice.... even in people you love. I hope you understand that Gator.