Hair to sue ICC and PCB for racial discrimination

Hair's contract as an elite umpire runs until March 2008 Umpire Darrell Hair is suing world cricket's governing body and the Pakistan Cricket Board for racial discrimination, the BBC understands. Hair feels he was made a scapegoat when he was barred from officiating Test matches after the forfeited Oval Test between England and Pakistan in August. Billy Doctrove, his fellow umpire in the game when Pakistan were accused of ball-tampering, is now back in action. Hair stood in a match between Kenya and Scotland in Nairobi on Wednesday. His contract as an elite umpire runs until March 2008 but he will not be allowed to stand in games involving Test nations. Doctrove, from Dominica, took several months off before returning to action during Pakistan's recent Test series in South Africa. Hair believes the PCB "unlawfully induced" the International Cricket Council to engage in discriminatory acts when it lobbied for his ban before a November meeting. ICC bosses have admitted that, prior to the meeting off all Test-playing nations, they had hoped Hair could continue his role on the elite panel of umpires. But afterwards, ICC president Percy Sonn said: "It was clear from discussions that the ICC board had lost confidence in Mr Hair." Sonn also stated that Doctrove's status was not discussed at the meeting. On 20 August, Hair and Doctrove awarded England a five-run penalty because they believed the ball had been interfered with. The Pakistan team refused to resume play after the tea interval in protest against the decision, leading to the first fofeiture in 129 years of Test cricket. ICC adjudicator Ranjan Madugalle later cleared Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq of ball-tampering charges. Hair offered his resignation in exchange for $500,000 (?254,500) in the wake of the match.

Re: Hair to sue ICC and PCB for racial discrimination Lovin' this. PCB is the most reactive board in the world, with a huge inferiority complex, a crybaby reputation, and blue blooded hypocrites to boot. They celebrated the sacking of Hair, gloated over the banning of Gibbs, yet took no action against Afridi, who clearly behaved in unacceptable manner, and blatantly flouted international law in re-instating two confirmed doping offenders in the national team. Nasim Ashraf's reaction shows that he is shyte scared at the thought of Hair winning his case. And why not, Hair was punished for doing his job, nothing more, nothing less. Well, I hope Hair wins his case and bankrupts the PCB. They deserve nothing less for being such shameless hypocrites.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Hair to sue ICC and PCB for racial discrimination

Lovin' this. PCB is the most reactive board in the world, with a huge inferiority complex, a crybaby reputation, and blue blooded hypocrites to boot. They celebrated the sacking of Hair, gloated over the banning of Gibbs, yet took no action against Afridi, who clearly behaved in unacceptable manner, and blatantly flouted international law in re-instating two confirmed doping offenders in the national team. Nasim Ashraf's reaction shows that he is shyte scared at the thought of Hair winning his case. And why not, Hair was punished for doing his job, nothing more, nothing less. Well, I hope Hair wins his case and bankrupts the PCB. They deserve nothing less for being such shameless hypocrites.
Welcome back to this side again :lmao: Ham kahte hain koi issue lelo agar pakistan ka stand morally justified lage fir bolo hamen ..
Guest dada_rocks

You guys are truly confused. Light's coming outta my ass. Fluorescent poo.
Reduce phosphorous intake Doc :lmao:

Nasim Ashraf's reaction shows that he is shyte scared at the thought of Hair winning his case. And why not, Hair was punished for doing his job, nothing more, nothing less. Well, I hope Hair wins his case and bankrupts the PCB. They deserve nothing less for being such shameless hypocrites.
No vay, Dhondy. I actually reached the exact opposite conclusion--utter hilarity directed at Hair. He reminds me of Fox News: trying to sue when they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stand on. Hair suing someone else for racism. AHAA HAHAHAHAH :lmao: :lmao: Trust me, ... he will be laughed outta the court, just like Fox News ... and I mean this literally ... when O'Reilly tried to sue the "O'Franken Factor," the court literally LAUGHED as Fox News had to exit the Courthouse. Now I don't mean to compliment the PCB, but in this case of dumb and dumberererrer ... Hair's the latter. I don't recall anyone, anytime, anyplace, under any circumstance impugning Hair's racial identity. The accusation was actually against him for the same charge .. .but just like Fox News ... he did the "smarter" thing by taking the very same charge to court FIRST.

Re: Hair to sue ICC and PCB for racial discrimination Right after the incident Hair came out and said something like "I will make people pay for this" so by pay i think he means a "literal" payment...that's the perhaps the reason why he went out asking for $500,000 from the ICC and after being embarrassed there now he wants the court to make "people pay for this