In Kerela: If u are an RSS member you wil be hacked to death !

Guest dada_rocks

I have attended RSS meetings in Mysore and it is naive to think that they their is no religious bigotry in the Sangh parivar . While I agree with their philosophy of personal development , I find their hatred for Abrahamic religions especially Islam distasteful to say the least . In fact , their lack of secular outlook turned me off from this organization.

^ I have deliberately left out Veer savarkar's name here, as there are other issues involved , but the RSS was exonerated by Home Minister Sardar Patel himself, who although claiming that RSS was happy at the event, had categorically stated that the assassination had nothing to do with the RSS, and had attributed it to a fanatical section of Hindu mahasabha. Veer savarkar's role has been historically debated for decades and no conclusion is available.
Union Home Minister Sardar Patel had kept himself almost in daily touch with the progress of the investigation regarding Bapu's assassination case.His conclusion was characteristically clear: "It was a financial wing of the Hindu Mahasabha directly under Savarkar that (hatched) the conspiracy and saw it through". In his early youth Godse was a worker of the RSS and later, he was a prominent member of the All India Committee of the Hindu Mahasabha. He was a well-known journalist in Maharashtra and the editor of a Marathi daily, the Agrani - the Leader - changed to a new name, the Hindu Rashtra at a later stage. Better known as Pandit Nathuram Godse, this editor was a staunch Savarkarite, and was fairly known as the vanguard and lieutenant of Savarkar.

I have attended RSS meetings in Mysore and it is naive to think that they their is no religious bigotry in the Sangh parivar . While I agree with their philosophy of personal development ' date= I find their hatred for Abrahamic religions especially Islam distasteful to say the least . In fact , their lack of secular outlook turned me off from this organization.
Any organized group does that. Growing up I remember going to Rotract Club meetings(there was also another called Lions club) and there would be intermingling with local people, events like cultural night, debate night and so on. In Bihar there are often functions based on caste. Kayastha for example celebrate Chitragupta Puja when there is competition for singing, writing and so on. Clearly this builds a person's personality on some levels and in that sense I respect these groups. But at the crux of these groups is also the fact that they let only certain kind of members(caste/religion based) and follow a certain ideology(caste/religion/nation first). And that doesnt score very high in my books. xxx

Union Home Minister Sardar Patel had kept himself almost in daily touch with the progress of the investigation regarding Bapu's assassination case.His conclusion was characteristically clear: "It was a financial wing of the Hindu Mahasabha directly under Savarkar that (hatched) the conspiracy and saw it through". In his early youth Godse was a worker of the RSS and later, he was a prominent member of the All India Committee of the Hindu Mahasabha. He was a well-known journalist in Maharashtra and the editor of a Marathi daily, the Agrani - the Leader - changed to a new name, the Hindu Rashtra at a later stage. Better known as Pandit Nathuram Godse, this editor was a staunch Savarkarite, and was fairly known as the vanguard and lieutenant of Savarkar.
Kapur Commission found, Savarkar had conspired to kill Mahatma

The Sangh Parivar has, after long years of public silence on Vinayak Damodar Savarkar - the originator of the concept of "Hindutva", a `freedom fighter' who repeatedly gave undertakings and apologies to the British Raj to get out of harsh incarceration, and a conspirator in the Mahatma Gandhi assassination - brought him out of the closet as one of its heroes, as the original `Hindu nationalist'.

Guest HariSampath
Yeah, Veer savarkar's role has been debated and it would appear externally he had indeed hatched the conspiracy....and there are other opinions ( like Godse's statement) that contradict some aspects of this theory. Why have you deliberately avoided mentioning that the same Sardar Patel conclusively wrote that "although the RSS may have other sins to answer for, they are not involved in the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi"..in his letter to PM Nehru .