Random rambling

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Random rambling dada_rock..even I feel Kumble is not a good choice..But selectors must have thought hard.. Powar hasnt done anything wrong...I think they chose Sehwag and thought he can do decent job as offie.. Kumble has experience and most likely he will sit out..bhajji will be first choice...But on the pitch with variable bounce, kumble will be the key. I feel Dravid has to provide him with short leg and he no longer has ability to stop run flow..He can be wicket taking option..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Random rambling

Kumble has not set the world on fire. Yes. But what was Kumble's performance the last time he bowled in West Indies? 23 wickets in 4 tests. Not bad huh? One does feel for Powar. He has perfomed every time he was selected but there is no way 3 spinners would go to WC. Not when Sehwag, Yuvraj, Sachin etc are supposed to be the 5th bowler. Bhajji is the first selection, Kumble performed well last time India toured West Indies. So who leaves that out? xxx
Lurker, Even I feel that Powar should have been chosen over Kumble. That's not the point. If you read DR's post , he accuses Dravid for indulging in nepotism just because he is from Karnataka. This kind of allegation without proof is baseless. I would rather take the reasoning of Dravid whom I consider man of integrity which is 1. Pitches in WI well help Kumble. 2. Certain teams like Pakistan struggle against Kumble and he is choosen specifically to play against those teams. 3. He is a decent record in WI. Going by DR's reasoning , then VVS , best buddy of Dravid should have been in the team. This goes to show that , Nepotism was not the factor in kumble's inclusion.
Man of integrity well he may be but here his friendship has clouded his judgement. Last time I checke he was called selectors on eve of ganguly's inclusion in the team in order to present his cases against that. Not such a man of integrity after all :wtg:
Guest dada_rocks

dada_rock..even I feel Kumble is not a good choice..But selectors must have thought hard.. Powar hasnt done anything wrong...I think they chose Sehwag and thought he can do decent job as offie.. Kumble has experience and most likely he will sit out..bhajji will be first choice...But on the pitch with variable bounce, kumble will be the key. I feel Dravid has to provide him with short leg and he no longer has ability to stop run flow..He can be wicket taking option..
I hope he proves me wrong but mark my words this guy is going to be taken to cleaners. Has no confidence in his own craft starts pusshing the bowl the moment gets hit for a boundary. When spinners start doing that u know they are clueless and somehow are trying to eke out some dot balls. These days this is what Kumble has to offer.
Guest dada_rocks

dr' date=' you keep invoking ganguly's 15000 runs in international cricket. do you know how many international wickets kumble has?[/quote'] let me know his one day records of past 5 years if it exudes any kind of confidence I will change my views. 90 4/32 39.03 0 18 0 Here it is 39 average.... let me see now how dada does in batting in last five years in ODI. 159 5707 144 39.90 13 34 49 5/34 38.16 1 62 Turns out even his bowling is comparable to Kumble's achievements, in fact average is slightly less. Lastly Kumble replaces Pawar and Ganguly replaces who ( you can choose whoever u want to) other than Sachin he will trump everyopne in one day format. :wtg:

Powar hasnt done anything wrong
He failed with the bat.
Still miles ahead of Kumble with bat anyday
he was picked as an allrounder. he has scored mainly in single digits most of his recent ODIs. if powar had batted well, he could have used Karthick's spot and served as a useful bowler. cause he sucks in batting, he has to compete against harby and kumble as a pure bowler and lost out. if he were a deadly ODI bowler he would have earned his spot without having to compete against someone you term as the worst thing to ever happen to Indian ODI bowling.

atleast now some southies won't say that players from major cities like Delhi, Mumbai are preffered over some Southy players.. atleast Gambhir is an Example...
For once Kumble get's a lucky break in his long illustrious carreer and SOME northies are jumping and down. See, Even I can make this BIGOTTED statement which is NOT TRUE. I know for a fact that this was never meant to be a North South debate.
Nice first turn the debate in that direction and then pretend I never meant it....... I forgot I should have been rooting for Gambhir's selection :lmao:
Typical of you to take tongue and cheek comment out of context. This statement was meant as a REBUKE for Legend's statement. AND why am I not surprised that you didn not find Legend's post about southies OBJECTIONABLE?

Kumble has not set the world on fire. Yes. But what was Kumble's performance the last time he bowled in West Indies? 23 wickets in 4 tests. Not bad huh? One does feel for Powar. He has perfomed every time he was selected but there is no way 3 spinners would go to WC. Not when Sehwag, Yuvraj, Sachin etc are supposed to be the 5th bowler. Bhajji is the first selection, Kumble performed well last time India toured West Indies. So who leaves that out? xxx
Lurker, Even I feel that Powar should have been chosen over Kumble. That's not the point. If you read DR's post , he accuses Dravid for indulging in nepotism just because he is from Karnataka. This kind of allegation without proof is baseless. I would rather take the reasoning of Dravid whom I consider man of integrity which is 1. Pitches in WI well help Kumble. 2. Certain teams like Pakistan struggle against Kumble and he is choosen specifically to play against those teams. 3. He is a decent record in WI. Going by DR's reasoning , then VVS , best buddy of Dravid should have been in the team. This goes to show that , Nepotism was not the factor in kumble's inclusion.
Man of integrity well he may be but here his friendship has clouded his judgement. Last time I checke he was called selectors on eve of ganguly's inclusion in the team in order to present his cases against that. Not such a man of integrity after all :wtg:
Yeah right. Better than Ganguly who stabbed the back of his mentor Dalmiya and begged Sharad Pawar for forgiveness. Instead of sugarcoating your statement by calling "friendship" why don't you directly accuse him of regoinal bias and state your real reason for discontent which is you are angry because a south indian got a break and how Dravid you feel screwed Ganguly. So much for your Hindutva agenda. Did you jump up and down when Mongia was prefered by Ganguly over VVS in WC 2003?
Guest dada_rocks

He failed with the bat.
he was picked as an allrounder. he has scored mainly in single digits most of his recent ODIs. if powar had batted well, he could have used Karthick's spot and served as a useful bowler. cause he sucks in batting, he has to compete against harby and kumble as a pure bowler and lost out. if he were a deadly ODI bowler he would have earned his spot without having to compete against someone you term as the worst thing to ever happen to Indian ODI bowling.
even in bowling he trumps kumble hands down.. when was the last time kumble got a batsman out very next ball after being hit for six.. This is how I judge spinners how they resond after being hit if they start pushing it rhough means they have o confidence in their ability and if they still flight the bowl and dare batsmen to go for it and further scalp their wickets u know u got some good bowler.. kumble these days show zero confidence in his own ability as far as odi are concerned...
Guest dada_rocks

Yeah right. Better than Ganguly who stabbed the back of his mentor Dalmiya and begged Sharad Pawar for forgiveness. Instead of sugarcoating your statement by calling "friendship" why don't you directly accuse him of regoinal bias and state your real reason for discontent which is you are angry because a south indian got a break and how Dravid you feel screwed Ganguly. So much for your Hindutva agenda. Did you jump up and down when Mongia was prefered by Ganguly over VVS in WC 2003?
i think u have stopped making sense continue.. I don't indulge in clownish debate

He failed with the bat.
even in bowling he trumps kumble hands down
well he is not. otherwise he would have sealed his place in the team by now.