Most exciting event that you saw in a World Cup?

head coach

Re: Most exciting event that you saw in a World Cup? This is quite easy! Wasim Akram's over in which he dismissed Allan Lamb and C Lewis during the 1992 World cup final! Those 2 deliverers had everything...sensation of a set batsman being comprehensively bowled (A Lamb's dismissal), an unplayable out swinger (in the case of A Lamb), an unplayable in swinger (in the case of C Lewis) and what a great time to produce such brilliance. A fast bowler's dream if there ever was one!

Re: Most exciting event that you saw in a World Cup? 1996 - The QF, boy was that ever sweet. So many smug classmates avoiding us until Sri Lanka gave them something to cheer about... 1999 - The match v Eng that happened at my local ground, and took 2 days because of rain. We knocked the hosts out!... 1999 - v Pak at Old Trafford, For some gay reason, this match wasn't televised by the BBC, so I listened on radio with my Dad, and saw clips of action on the news. No way did I think we'd scored enough (220 odd), but we blitzed them all out for 180 odd... 2003 - v England, Nehra was on fire!... 2003 - v Pak, 274 was a daunting total, shame nobody told Sachin that, and after his rampage, Dravid and Yuvraj calmly took us home. So much emotion in this match, first time we'd played them in ages, it was probably our biggest ever match v them... 2003 - v Sri Lanka, after scoring 290 odd, Srinath and co went psycho, and we had about 4 wickets in the first 2 overs, for about 3 or 4 runs (if I remember correctly)...