India's next test opener/number 3 bat

Mr. Wicket

How about including Pujara in that list as' date=' say number three bat? I liked his technique a lot. Don't know how it is at the moment, but the guy came a very technically-sound batsman in his earlier years. You've seen him recently. How do you rate him?[/quote'] Today is a bad day to talk about Pujara's future prospects ... a pair in the Duleep Trophy finals ... he's not going to live that down...

suresh raina is the man for one-down he is the best option we have, solid technique and good temperament pathan need not come at 3, he contributed valueable runs lower down the order in the previous match robin uthappa doesn't seem to be good enough these days, doesn't seem to be the guy who can carry on and on he'll perhaps open when.........

Today is a bad day to talk about Pujara's future prospects ... a pair in the Duleep Trophy finals ... he's not going to live that down...
And consistent no-shows for some time now in most pressure games. Failed to turn up v. England Lions, didn't deliver in the Ranji semi... Doc, as I've said, I believe this kid is The Real Deal. A bit loose outside off stump right now (but for that matter, so are a lot of top openers like Sehwag, Jaques, occasionally Hayden). More than the odd weakness, it's the strokes he has, the temperament and his overall ability to bat in all conditions and bat big that make him such a hot prospect for me.