IPL: The Great auction thread

Feed

On the other hand there are too many bowlers still left to come and since almost everyone has overbid Chennai can still grab a good bowler and maybe even a good batsman. But, you will have to get lucky because Jaipur, Mumbai and Hyderabad would be seriously looking to grab Ishant, Malinga, Steyn, RP, etc.

Guest HariSampath

Jacob Oram is a good bid, his T20 SR is 164 !! and anyone remember his 66 off 31 balls against Aus at Perth ? and his 61 off 40 balls against Eng ? He is one of the biggest six hitters in the game and a brilliant fielder, and his bowling is good as well

Sure , after first 5 overs the analysis will read... Akthar 2.3 - 0- 25-1 ( retired injured) Agarkar : 2--0-38-0 ( team injured) :D Chennai's score card will read 72-1 in 4.3 overs , Hayden batting 45 :D
aggy is not as bad as u find him

Guest HariSampath
On the other hand there are too many bowlers still left to come and since almost everyone has overbid Chennai can still grab a good bowler and maybe even a good batsman. But' date=' you will have to get lucky because Jaipur, Mumbai and Hyderabad would be seriously looking to grab Ishant, Malinga, Steyn, RP, etc.[/quote'] We need to get one bowler, the best available option for 250,000

Chennai and Mohali have 0.6 million left and they have to add 8 and 10 players respectively. I don't think they will be able to get any of the good Indians. But anyway I am sad that a good U-22 player will make 150 times lesser than Dhoni. Hopefully the things will be corrected in the years to come.

Guest HariSampath

We are expecting to be a batting side, with players like Hayden, Fleming, Dhoni and Oram, with Morkel for support too and Murali in our bowling ranks..and you never know, Joggi is fighting for a place in Indian team and may play some inspired cricket, Dhoni , if anyone remembers , had confidence in him, and that is why Chennai had bid for him...most probably Dhoni's decision.

Jacob Oram is a good bid' date=' his T20 SR is 164 !! and anyone remember his 66 off 31 balls against Aus at Perth ? and his 61 off 40 balls against Eng ? He is one of the biggest six hitters in the game and a brilliant fielder, and his bowling is good as well[/quote'] Oram is a great batsman. But, a bowling lineup of Jogi, Morkel and Oram doesn't inspire confidence. They might leak 180+ in many games. On top of that you won't be able to play all of Oram, Murali, Morkel, Hayden and Fleming. I think Chennai made big mistakes by bidding for PP and Jogi. They should have bid for Indian bowlers instead. And obviously they massively overpaid Dhoni. Hayden was a steal though (but I am not sure if he will even play in the 1st year in which case I can't see Chennai even reaching the semis).

Guest HariSampath

Laxman stays home for 350,000. Jaffa bought by Bangalore LOL LOL :hysterical: Bangalore Bangers ...LOL ...Dravid, kallis, Jaffer , Kumble, Zak