Harbhajan called "obnoxious little weed"

Feed

Huh?? How? And why are you avoiding the question? Is Hayden imitaring Sharma's voice and making fun of his accent racist or not? First you answer this question then we'll answer yours.
If you honestly believe that he was "making fun" of Sharma's accent, then...I don't know what to say. No, it is not racist. How many people go through their entire lives, without once imitating another countries accent? I've heard Harsha Bogle attempt the Australian accent on radio. Doesn't make him a racist. Jeez some of you people must live sheltered lives. (and what question did I ask? Just stated the facts)
If you honestly believe that he was "making fun" of Sharma's accent, then...I don't know what to say. No, it is not racist. How many people go through their entire lives, without once imitating another countries accent? I've heard Harsha Bogle attempt the Australian accent on radio. Doesn't make him a racist. Jeez some of you people must live sheltered lives. (and what question did I ask? Just stated the facts)
I have watched every match of this series and not even once has Harsha done so. He is too well brought up to do that. You said, Bhajji once again exposed himself as racist. How?
^^ Add Harbhajan revealing himself as a racist (once again) and India's spineless collapse to a part time spinner to that.
Yea he revealed himself to 2 Australian players, yet mysteriously ... no stump mic, or umpire (on of which was a few feet away), or commentator, could hear him saying that. Its amazing that something that couldn't be picked up by an umpire a few feet away, or by stump mics, could be picked up by Hayden who was some 20m away. Only the Australian public actually believe that Bhajji actually said it (and that too just a very small and ignorant minority), because the majority of the Australians out there find all of that pretty hard to believe.
I have watched every match of this series and not even once has Harsha done so. He is too well brought up to do that. You said, Bhajji once again exposed himself as racist. How?
:haha: What's the point arguing with you? I have heard him try the Australian accent with Kerry O'keefe alongside. You haven't. There is nothing wrong with doing so. "Too well brought up to do that." :haha: It has nothing to do with how you are brought up, champ. Deadset, I can't believe people can get so worked up over something so small. But I guess that's what happens when people have nothing in their lives besides the internet or sport.

The labelling of Australians as convicts is actually quite humorous to an Aussie. I'm sure that even any Indian would know that the convict pages of Australian history ended nearly 200 years ago. The percentage of Australians that are actually convict ancestors today is very small, even among cricketers :haha:. I can only assume therefore that the use of the term is designed to be racially offensive, however it's almost a term of endearment over here, so offensive it is not. If you wish to vilify then that's not the right word to use.

I'm sure that even any Indian would know that the convict pages of Australian history ended nearly 200 years ago.
Yeah, it was 200 years ago that the convicts were kept in the prisons- but it has been less than 20 years that most Aussies have stopped acting like convicts would.
If you wish to vilify then that's not the right word to use.
Yes, i agree. Indians by and large havn't figured out that poking fun at the fact that you guys have to hide your skin from the very skies you dwell under usually gets the goat of the Aussies far more successfully. Its no wonder that your nation is skin-color obsessed but ironically enough, of the wrong pigmentation.
:haha: What's the point arguing with you? I have heard him try the Australian accent with Kerry O'keefe alongside. You haven't. There is nothing wrong with doing so. "Too well brought up to do that." :haha: It has nothing to do with how you are brought up, champ. Deadset, I can't believe people can get so worked up over something so small. But I guess that's what happens when people have nothing in their lives besides the internet or sport.
Ok ... so Kerry O'Keefe was there, so from the context, it is pretty clear he didnt mean it in a derogatory fashion. Unlike in the Hayden case. If Ishant Sharma was there, then it would be a different story. But in this case, the 2 of them are clearly not friends, so if its someone you don't like, I find it very hard to believe that immitating their accent is not meant in a derogatory fashion.
It has nothing to do with how you are brought up, champ.
What do you know about broughtupcy, pardon my coinage ?
But I guess that's what happens when people have nothing in their lives besides the internet or sport.
You just described Australia here. Afterall, you guys are nothing on the world stage without sports. Culture ? Pffft. Music ? artistry ? i'd not put you lot in the top 100,nevermind even merit comparison with a place as culturally oriented and diverse as India.
Yeah, it was 200 years ago that the convicts were kept in the prisons- but it has been less than 20 years that most Aussies have stopped acting like convicts would. Yes, i agree. Indians by and large havn't figured out that poking fun at the fact that you guys have to hide your skin from the very skies you dwell under usually gets the goat of the Aussies far more successfully. Its no wonder that your nation is skin-color obsessed but ironically enough, of the wrong pigmentation.
:haha::haha: Skin color obsessed? lOl I have never heard that before in my life, but you can keep your backwards views. And hide from the skies? What are you talking about? I've been to the beach three times this week, and not once was I afraid of the skies. Although the Australian cricketers are another story, they look terrified of the skies when they are playing cricket, don't they?

:haha::haha: Say what you want, nothing I say will change your views. But the sad thing is, when this cricket series is over and I am gone, the same people will be on this site day in day out, in the hope that there Indian cricket team can bring some meaning to their pathetic lives. You can call me a troll, but you know it is true.

lOl I have never heard that before in my life, but you can keep your backwards views.
Backwards views ? Pfft. As i said before champ, i've been to that arid rock that you guys call Australia. Have been a whole lot of different places too, so i think if the word 'backward' is to be used, it fits you better than me. UNESCO itself records Australia as a nation where racism is STILL an obvious problem TODAY. Most people i've come across who've been to Australia always have something negetive to say about your nation's level of racism. The commonly held notion- and i agree through experience- is that your nation today is a bit like 1960s America in its racist overtones. Hey, as i said, welcome to the club of civility- you guys have removed racist policies by and large- in a few generations, your infant culture will mature enough to let go of racism in your hearts as well.
And hide from the skies? What are you talking about? I've been to the beach three times this week, and not once was I afraid of the skies.
Yeah, i am sure you have. But given that your country has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, the highest rate of freckled skin and sunblock usage, we all know just how much you Aussies love your skies. Without your sunblock, more than half of your nation would be sitting inside your caves, living out lives like vampires who only venture out in the day hidden deep under their cowls.
The baby stealing convicts never have courtesy to others especially to Indians.
That's not true. My girlfriend is from India. :haha: Food for thought though is that Australia with it's history of convict colonisation has progressed to be one of the nicest and most civilised places plaes to live in. You should come here for a holiday and see for yourself. There are many Indians living here too and none that I know personally would ever want to go home. These remarks are not meant to be demeaning to Indians but merely aimed at pointing out that this bunch of so called convict low lifes have been responsible for building a very fine and prosperous society and a country that is the envy of almost every other. If that's what being a convict is all about then yes it's great to be a convict. How does it feel to be beaten by a team of convicts? :haha:
:haha::haha: Say what you want, nothing I say will change your views. But the sad thing is, when this cricket series is over and I am gone, the same people will be on this site day in day out, in the hope that there Indian cricket team can bring some meaning to their pathetic lives. You can call me a troll, but you know it is true.
it is not you fault....that tainted criminal inbred blood within you is the culprit....now...fackoff!!!:haha:
Now you have resorted to just straight out insults ... I applaud you. This is the same site that happily welcomed an Australian fan to indiancricketfans.com' date=' to share his views, and now you have just insulted most of these people. Nice work!!![/quote'] So what? Australians are called convicts, monkeys and uncivilized by just about all on this site. Yet you feel the need to highlight my point. Typical. I have no problems with the mods banning me. I agree, they have been very lenient indeed. But I am sure you would have no problems with Indians being banned for labelling the Australians with above words? Edit: Now see the above post? Will you bother to mention that?
These remarks are not meant to be demeaning to Indians but merely aimed at pointing out that this bunch of so called convict low lifes have been responsible for building a very fine and prosperous society and a country that is the envy of almost every other.
1. Country built mostly by Britishers, not Aussies. It is British money that founded the very cities you live in 2. 20 million people in a country half the size of Europe, no boundaries with anyone, zillions of miles away from any naval power of note, enough mineral resources to make even Russia goggle and no hard choices made for the sake of integration- natives just efficiently exterminated to a tiny fraction of their original population and extent. No experiencing loss through genocide, invasions or semi-slavery. Pffft. Show me a country who's done worse given so many fundamental advantages.
There are many Indians living here too and none that I know personally would ever want to go home.
And that will change in the future, by and large.
So what? Australians are called convicts, monkeys and uncivilized by just about all on this site. Yet you feel the need to highlight my point. Typical. I have no problems with the mods banning me. I agree, they have been very lenient indeed. But I am sure you would have no problems with Indians being banned for labelling the Australians with above words?
If you read my OP in my other thread you would know that I have strongly condemned those people who have done that. So those people who are calling you those things should stop. However, remember when you make a comment like the one before, you know you are insulting everyone on this forum, including yourself, and not just those that made those insults.
But the sad thing is, when this cricket series is over and I am gone, the same people will be on this site day in day out, in the hope that there Indian cricket team can bring some meaning to their pathetic lives.p
Even if this is true, it is true for cricket fans of every team the world over, champ. There are the same people on Aussie sites, day in and day out, in hope that their Aussie cricket team can continue to bring meaning to their pathetic lives.
Backwards views ? Pfft. Yeah, i am sure you have. But given that your country has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, the highest rate of freckled skin and sunblock usage, we all know just how much you Aussies love your skies. Without your sunblock, more than half of your nation would be sitting inside your caves, living out lives like vampires who only venture out in the day hidden deep under their cowls.
You sure have some pretty major issues to deal with. :haha: