Has Indo-Aussie rivalry surpassed Indo-Pak and England-Aussie rivalry??

suraj

India the 'new Ashes' FORGET England and the Ashes series as Australia's greatest rival is now India - thanks to this summer's fiery war or words. More... By Tim Morrissey February 29, 2008 FORGET England and the Ashes series as Australia's greatest rival is now India - thanks to this summer's fiery war or words. Former Australia captain Mark Taylor believes the ongoing antagonism and personal animosity between the two camps is responsible for the best summer of cricket he's witnessed since retiring. Taylor is anticipating that Sunday's first one-day final between Australia and India at the SCG will rival the atmosphere the great West Indies teams generated. "This to me has been the best summer of cricket I've witnessed as a commentator," Taylor said. "Last year we had sellout crowds three months before the Ashes series started, but really I didn't think the cricket lived up to expectations. But this summer we are seeing great cricket. "The best side in the world is still Australia, but all of a sudden we are seeing India emerge from the pack as a genuine rival. "You'd have to go back to those West Indies days of the late '80s and early '90s where there was fierce competition and also a fair bit of animosity to match the same intense rivalry today." The India camp have refused to talk about the latest blow-up involving Matthew Hayden and Harbhajan Singh, but Taylor predicts the trash-talking and sledging will continue. The ex-Australia skipper was not a renowned sledger in his day, but Taylor doesn't have a problem with the intense ill-feeling that has been expressed between the tri-series finalists. "Neither side wants to back down in this war of words," Taylor said. "I think that has made for damn good cricket and damn good competition. I think you'll probably find it's the same in the crowd. There's no doubt the crowds have been divided when it comes to who they are supporting." Taylor believes that some great friendships between the two teams will be forged after this series, but there are also likely to be more enemies made. "Those little things that start to annoy you now start to annoy you even more and eventually players start saying things like Hayden and Singh did," Taylor said. "Because of all this verbal jousting that's been going on, the players resolution has become more steeled."

I feel Indo-Pak rivalry is historic as mentioned above, it is also gentle kinda rivalry, its something which has constructive effect on the players, its like a booster that boosts up the performances of the players, it draws out more than 100% both from the players and the masses that watch the match. Players went aggressive many a times, but through game and not by deeds/actions and vulgarism. Nevertheless, its entirely different than Indo-Aussies rivalry. Indo-Aussies rivalry is not based on values and high spirit of game. Sledging, racism and vulgarity are the salient features of this rivalry. It is purely one-sided offensive attitude, making opponents involve in their ways and getting them noticed. This is not a rivalry, this is an obnoxious offense on the part of Australia.