Bhajji bowls over sick child with his charity

Guest Hiten.
which is cool...:hatsoff: to SRT....but this topic is about Bhajji helping the unfortunate child.
My point was Charitable work should not be leaked in media. Well thats my opinion. But you are absolutely right, it was good gesture by bhajji :hatsoff:
Guest HariSampath

Good gesture by Bhajji...hmmm...his image wouldnt have been hurt by this ...although I am not suggesting this was planned for effect, it does seem too convenient. I am happy for the sick child, who wouldnt have got treatment without the money and Rs 2 Lacs is big. This part of the report started me thinking

help arrived in an SUV. Team India member Harbhajan Singh entered the hospital amidst fanfare and excitement.
I just wonder why would the parents have approached Harbhajan Singh, of all things. I mean there are literally thousands of such cases in each of our cities, and dozens of charities, how many people approach Int'l cricketers , in specific cases ? Apparently ( from the media report), the fact that the sick child used to play cricket before had attracted Bhajji, but I am not that convinced. Kids that age, most of them hit a cricket ball all the time, and many have health/family/education problems, how many parents take the issue to Sachin , Ganguly , Dhoni or Bhajji ? I am sure that almost all cricketers support charities, contribute to cause, raise money for service / health institutions etc . But it is not always the case when you hear stories of an individual cricketer suddenly turning up with a 2 lacs check and also promise to bring the Indian team to some child who is sick. Sounds too pat for me, but the kid benefits , so I am happy.

Hari, I don't think we need be too suspicious of the entire thing being orchestrated for Bhajji's image...his image needs no help in India where he is a hero...it only requires help outside where he is reviled instead and where this news will never reach. If you check out the link I posted above, it does appear as though Bhajji is simply the giving kind, as is witnessed by his adoption of a poor little girl. Sometimes, we can be guilty of being a little too cynical. p.s. I had the same questions you had about the report...who told him? Fanfare? Slips quietly in and out? I put it down to the typically stupid press reportage that comes from these papers...nothing comes through accurately.