Sehwag OWNS Bradman...in the runs in his century.

amits

Sehwag OWNS Bradman...in the runs in his century.  

1. 1.

Do this : try standing outside in the open for an hour in Chennai during March-April with the humidity above 90% see if you can survive that and let me know any location in Aus and Eng that can come even remotely close to such subhuman playing conditions.
Didn't they play cricket in India in the 30s? Did everybody die playing cricket in the 30s? I've played school cricket in much worse conditions & shape? What are you saying? BossBhai, I respect you for the depth of your stats and your excellent arguments most of the time. I'd have to disagree on this one though. You're projecting your opinions as facts. That's all they are: they're not supported by the overwhelming numbers against your case. I'm can argue all day, but it's pointless on this topic. Let's agree to disagree. In my view, Bradman was a statistical anamoly unlikely to repeated ever again(such as a modern player even attempting to average 70 or so). You disagree. Fine.

All these are true, yet you are only representing the points favorable to the modern cricketer yet undermining any disadvantage that may have faced by the ancients. The bowler list will have to reexamined with fresh evidence(for example I know that Murali sucks against Australia & Warne against India off the top of my head, will do more research on this). This one sided argument is what I'm not buying. You either completely disregard the disadvantages of the ancients or brush them aside saying they don't matter. So not much point in going back & forth.

1. Lack of quality strike bowlers (As in sub 25 avg , sub 60 strike rate ) - To be determined. 2. Lack of quality spinners Please project the "quality" spinners: Warne against India, Murali against Australia. 3. Never played in India, Pak, SL, SAF,WI (n fact he played in a grand total of 10 grounds in his entire Test career) The guy placed 234 FC matches(only 52 being Tests). Are you asserting this as a fact? He did average 95 in them. 4. Never tested against reverse swing. Probably. Can't be verified. 5. Advantage of lax fielding standards. Grant you this. How about the monsters for bats we've got these days? Uncovered wickets don't do much damage unless there's moisture in the pitch. Are you saying it didn't rain frequently in England? Atleast the conditions weren't damp? 6. Advantage of playing just one format of the game. Grant you this. How about lack of protective equipment for a con? 7. Advantage of numerous first class tour matches throughout the tour ( compare that to Indias recent tour of Australia where the only practice match was by and large washed out or the upcomming tour to NZ ) Numerous FC matches were common even in the mid 90s. This is very recent phenomenon. 8. No taxing travel schedules. Granted. And bowler SRs have generally improved because batter SR's have improved. That's the other thing about DGB. How fast he scored RELATIVE TO HIS PEERS. Given his rate of scoring he must have been more chancy yet he was less so.

1. Lack of quality strike bowlers (As in sub 25 avg , sub 60 strike rate ) - To be determined.
2. Lack of quality spinners
Please project the "quality" spinners: Warne against India, Murali against Australia.
3. Never played in India, Pak, SL, SAF,WI (n fact he played in a grand total of 10 grounds in his entire Test career)
The guy placed 234 FC matches(only 52 being Tests). Are you asserting this as a fact? He did average 95 in them.
4. Never tested against reverse swing.
Probably. Can't be verified.
5. Advantage of lax fielding standards.
Grant you this. How about the monsters for bats we've got these days? Uncovered wickets don't do much damage unless there's moisture in the pitch. Are you saying it didn't rain frequently in England? Atleast the conditions weren't damp?
6. Advantage of playing just one format of the game.
Grant you this. How about lack of protective equipment for a con?
7. Advantage of numerous first class tour matches throughout the tour ( compare that to Indias recent tour of Australia where the only practice match was by and large washed out or the upcomming tour to NZ )
Numerous FC matches were common even in the mid 90s. This is very recent phenomenon.
8. No taxing travel schedules.
Granted. And bowler SRs have generally improved because batter SR's have improved. That's the other thing about DGB. How fast he scored RELATIVE TO HIS PEERS. Given his rate of scoring he must have been more chancy yet he was less so.
Good. so the reason why you are shouting at the top of your lungs claiming that Iam wrong is based on what ...... ?
Dude, everyone who's read this thread realizes what a joke this is. Some guy making assertions on the superiority/inferiority of a batsmen when he's never actually seen the first batsmen being compared. But somehow you now know about the bowling as well of an entire era based on stats right!!? It's like saying some Aussie idiot twenty years from now says that some 20/20 Aussie cricketer is better than SRT because even though he's NEVER actually seen SRT bat, he has seen a few youtube clips where SRT isn't doing well in T20!! :hysterical: This argument would have to gain a few IQ points to even be considered retarded. But like I said, please continue on the blind circle.
To the people acting stupid about the factor of watching DGB bat or not, if it's absurd to say DGB was overrated since one hasn't seen him bat, why is it fine to say he's the greatest batsman ever without seeing him bat? Again, don't go quoting 99 avg, numbers must be taken in context. Before, all hell breaks lose again, I have never said that DGB was just a great batsman, he was and always will be a legend and was way ahead of his time, but I don't agree with the greatest batsman ever claim.
Here's the answer. Sometimes, instead of pretending to know what you're talking about, maybe it's best to just be honest and say I don't know! I've never said DGB was better or not than Sehwag or the best batsmen. I'll just say that I've heard he's great but I've never actually watched him play so to make comparisons to modern players is just asinine because ALL you have to go by then are stats and 2nd hand accounts. But apparently, you can be an expert judge of talent by just 2nd hand accounts, stats, and ofcourse some youtube clips!!! :hysterical:
the fact that this poll got locked goes to show the racism of ppl out here in supporting the racist bradman
sehwag leading 9-8 :D just goes to show that indian fans r improving now sehwag plays well away from his body and the balls dont pass from near his head, so the protective gear thing wont apply on sehwag as even without the helmets, sehwag would still have smashed the fast bowlers and sehwag is not a flat track bully by any stretch of imagination. he avges 61 against aus in aus and smashed 195 in a melbourne track which provided a lot of encouragement to the fast bowlers & sehwag has a proven record in all conditions. he also scored 2 100s in nz minefields in 2002. and bradman never played in india so as to protect his avg from dipping down into the 70s. bradman never proved himself on the turning tracks and if bradman had played in india, his avg would have dipped as bradman would have struggled in indian conditions. and talk of bradmans avg, even hussey avges more than the other batsmen today, but that does not make him the no.1 current batsman as hussey is a monster made by biased umpiring, just like ponting & bradman. in bradmans time, there was no tv umpiring and there wasnt any use of technology in those times, so bradman used to recieve biased umpiring openly. the fact that bradman was out lbw only 6 times proves it. sehwag has been given lbws off even inside edges. and i am not just comparing sehwag & bradman. even tendulkar, lara, dravid & kallis r better than bradman
sehwag leading 17-14. looks like indian fans have finally woken up. even tendulkar' date=' dravid, lara & kallis r better than bradman[/quote']
it has got nothing to do with sehwag being from delhi. also these ppl r traitors - -Sru-, danramrah, desi_downunder, Domaink, f.b.m, Gambit, holysmoke, kablooee87, mhr123, njkiller07, omf52, Online, PaiN_KiLLeR, pjilka, punjabi_khota, siddhu, varun, wang, yoda, Yuvraj4Captaincy, zubinpepsi
Champion !!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Here's the answer. Sometimes, instead of pretending to know what you're talking about, maybe it's best to just be honest and say I don't know! I've never said DGB was better or not than Sehwag or the best batsmen. I'll just say that I've heard he's great but I've never actually watched him play so to make comparisons to modern players is just asinine because ALL you have to go by then are stats and 2nd hand accounts. But apparently, you can be an expert judge of talent by just 2nd hand accounts, stats, and ofcourse some youtube clips!!! :hysterical:
If you think you said it, then it was NOT addressed to you, very simple. No need to show your guilty conscience.
is sehwag better than bradman' date=' is a r rahman better than gustav mahler (or tyagaraja) take your pick.[/quote'] Ofcourse ARR is better than Thyagaraja bhagavathar .Simply because there was no work pressure for Thyagaraja swamy .Also swamy's inability to use sophsticated new instruments and key board :dance:
Ofcourse ARR is better than Thyagaraja bhagavathar .Simply because there was no work pressure for Thyagaraja swamy .Also swamy's inability to use sophsticated new instruments and key board :dance:
I didn't know AR Rahman could write spiritual lyrics along with his compositions? That too some 1000s of them?