English Premier League 2008-09 Champions - Manchester United

SachDan

English Premier League 2008-09 Champions - Manchester United  

1. 1.

• Manchester United
    • Chelsea
    • Arsenal
    • Liverpool

Thts OTT comment Shane:--D' date=' but I like the way Wenger sets his team, their 1-2 play is the best in the world next only to Barcelona.But seriously I think West Ham United have got the best youth academy in the world. The way they spot young talents is really amazing. Only after Carlos Quieroz became asst coach at OT, did Man Utd start their talent hunt in Latin America and Europe before tht they were more British based.But Quieroz was never given his dues; we all know apart from tht victory in 1999, Man Utd was a failure when it comes UCL until he came on board. BTW he is a good coach but he sux as a manger, his record in Portugal speaks for itself.[/quote'] Quieroz sometimes gets underrated, he has a similar role to what Pat Rice has with the goons, i must tell yaa these head coaches play a prime role in the outcome of any team but they suck as managers Sammy Lee is one name that comes to my mind, Head Coach Bolton during their bullying days with Allardyce, took over as manager and we all know wat happened there, now he's at Pool i guess and doing quite a brilliant job These head coaches are too nice a guys to become Managers

Quieroz sometimes gets underrated, he has a similar role to what Pat Rice has with the goons, i must tell yaa these head coaches play a prime role in the outcome of any team but they suck as managers Sammy Lee is one name that comes to my mind, Head Coach Bolton during their bullying days with Allardyce, took over as manager and we all know wat happened there, now he's at Pool i guess and doing quite a brilliant job These head coaches are too nice a guys to become Managers
You are spot on. Once Andy Gray commented that Quieroz wants to be friends with all the players in the squad, and as a manager you cant do that. Yes Sammy Lee is @Liverpool. BTW there is a rumour that there was a spat after the Liverpool match between Sir Alex and Rooney.Thts why Rooney was left on the bench for the following match against Fulham. It is an ongoing saga, it wil be interestin to see if he fields Rooney against Porto especially after Rooney got himself sent off against Fulham.

And talking about the Youth Academy, for all i have heard is the one at Boro is quite strong, i remember the time the won the Youth Cup/League, a no of players from the youth structure made it to the first team, one of the prominent names was Lee Cattermole, wat a find he was, i guess he is no longer with Boro Gone are the days where we have the inbreds from the academy, Stevie Gerrard was one who came from the Pools academy, i think United have Johnny Evans, Gooners have Jack Wilshere, Michael Johnson from City who get a scholarship, then get promoted to the youth team and then finally sign professional terms. Now its just scout and pay astronomical sums and the talk about these Youngsters, all of them talk em up to be the next this and the next that but very little fail to deliver, to name a few Adel Taarabt-Talked up highly to be the next Zizou, he is struggling to make it to the Spurs bench Giovanni Dos Santos - Dunno wat went wrong here, was a star at Barca, now on loan at Ipswich from Spurs Finally, it all comes down the money, have the cash splash em !!!

You are spot on. Once Andy Gray commented that Quieroz wants to be friends with all the players in the squad, and as a manager you cant do that. Yes Sammy Lee is @Liverpool. BTW there is a rumour that there was a spat after the Liverpool match between Sir Alex and Rooney.Thts why Rooney was left on the bench for the following match against Fulham. It is an ongoing saga, it wil be interestin to see if he fields Rooney against Porto especially after Rooney got himself sent off against Fulham.
Its the one thing i admire in SAF is that he makes sure the players know whoz the boss, the David Beckham boot incident comes to mind, the next thing we know was that he was packing his bags to Spain, SAF and Mourinho knew their way around players with big egos. This might be one attribute which Le Boss (Wenger) lacks, we saw it with Titi, Viera and all the names that made it big with Arsenal Football Club, however he makes it up with his incisiveness in his tactics , shrewdness in the tranfer market and finally the "Entertain and Attack" style of football, which the club has been synonymous with for the last decade or so, we have come a long way from the "Boring Boring Arsenal" and "One Nil to the Arsenal" chants

Sat 11th April 2009 Liverpool v Blackburn 12:45 Chelsea v Bolton 15:00 Middlesbrough v Hull City 15:00 Portsmouth v WBA 15:00 Sunderland v Man Utd 15:00 Tottenham v West Ham Utd 15:00 Wigan Athletic v Arsenal 15:00 Stoke City v Newcastle 17:30 Sun 12th April 2009 Aston Villa v Everton 14:00 Manchester City v Fulham 16:10