Best one-liner in a long time

Holysmoke

On what grounds does a Pakistani challenge the reality that Pakistan is far less safe than India ? Lets look at it objectively: Half of pakistan is falling apart currently - NWFP and FATA are only titularly in Islamabad's control, Baluchistan is a no-go zone for most Pakistanis, let alone foreigners and Sindh-Punjab sees its regular dosage of Shia-Sunni bloodbaths every few months. Secondly, Pakistan has had a top level govt. candidate murdered ( Bhutto) and multiple times the lives of top administrative officials (mushariff and co) have come under direct threat. Multiple times mid-level administrative officials ( Mps) have been gunned down. NONE of these scenarios have any parallel in India - India sees isolated pockets of violence/instability, not half the country being in turmoil. Our cities have lower degree of terrorist/ethnic-related bloodbaths compared to Pakistan's and none of our mid-to-top level government officials have had their lives threatened, except for ONE occasion in the last two decades. There simply is no comparison between Pakistan and India - when a state cannot ensure law and order in over HALF its territorry and where even its TOP LEVEL officials arnt immune to assasination bids and blow-ups, that state has no right to compare itself with another, far more stable nation which sees isolated, sporadic terrorism. Look, get your head outta the sand and stop blaming others for your woes/thinking that the world is being unfair to you : just take a cursory look on the travel advisories issued by various different governments in relation to Pakistan and India and it should be crystal clear that Sehwag is not erroneous in his comment- not very politically correct either but thats besides the point.

And why? Someone asks whether your city is a safe place to visit and you avoid the question saying "I dont know"? That sends the very wrong signal you dont want to send.
Its one thing to answer about the security situation in your city, but its another to compare it to somewhere else. Besides, most of the information that Sehwag gets about Pakistan is from the media. Yes he was in Pakistan not long ago but as far as I know, no incidents took place. Maybe I'm just über cynincal about the media (and Indian media in particular), but I dont think that anyone can take their word for it when it comes to these issues. Bottomline: None of this would have been an issue if Sehwag didnt bring Pakistan into it.