The BCCI website- your review?

DomainK

A bit dated but concise and informative,

Embed tags, i thought they went out with IE7, the click to activate certainly hastened it which lent weight to the fact insertion via something like javascript was more viable. Apart from that i cant really complain it's built structurally well with CSS(i havnt gone over it with a fine tooth comb). And offers the information required. i would have liked to have seen a different background colour/image to make the text boxes(focus) stand out a little. Anything really, a repetition of an offset pitch sample set to repeat, flat Indian team blue, whatever.

glaring mistakes in TNCA players list .... shocking to see- S.VenkataRaghavan, former indian captain, a part of the famous spin quartet, ICC Elite panel umpire, TNCA office bearer, South Zone selector: his name is wrongly given as "s.venkataramana":omg: VB Chandrashekar, the dashing TN Opener, who represented India in a few one day matches against NZ in the late 80's and early 90's, later an office bearer of TNCA and more importantly represented South Zone as a National Selector, his name is missing too. Bharath Reddy, who replaced Kirmani as wicket keeper for an England test tour, later one of the influential talent spotter of ICL would find his name missing. is it because of oversight or ICL? Similarly Hemang Badani, Thiru.Kumaran,S.Sriram are also missing,may be TNCA has a strong case of ICL phobia. some of the golden oldies-MJ Gopalan, Double International Ramaswamy,Rangachary,Kalyana sundaram are also missing. May be the TNCA Secretary Srinivasan can spend a few minutes and get the list updated to include Badrinath, M.Vijay too.

A bit dated but concise and informative,

Embed tags, i thought they went out with IE7, the click to activate certainly hastened it which lent weight to the fact insertion via something like javascript was more viable. Apart from that i cant really complain it's built structurally well with CSS(i havnt gone over it with a fine tooth comb). And offers the information required. i would have liked to have seen a different background colour/image to make the text boxes(focus) stand out a little. Anything really, a repetition of an offset pitch sample set to repeat, flat Indian team blue, whatever.
gujarat_logo.jpg
Does anyone have a pic of the BCCI building?
i think they were operating from a rented premise till recently- that is when the shivsena goons broke their trophies and vandalised some time back when BCCI was in mumbai. after the attack and for his own convenience, Dalmiya shifted BCCI office to Kolkotta. later after the new regime took over they might have shifted back to Mumbai, but still not sure whether they have own premises.BCCI is sheeling out huge sums to cricket associations like Mumbai CA, Vidharbha CA for constructing new stadiums. they have huge cash surplus despite spending money lavishly on travel and accommodation for non cricketers/administrators.time some one in the sports ministry conducts an audit.

At first, I thought it's same IPL website. They really need to innovate and show Incredible India focus along with regional teams own page. Will help many foreign residents making-up their mind for cricket-tourism. Start with venues, how to reach there, stay arrangement and sight seeing etc.