Dear Mr.Kumble ... I think its time for you to step down

bharat297

this is such an insane thread. amit mishra is totally struggling. kumble is coming out and fighting like a warrior weith an injured hand. and here, you guys are going after him, as if his stepping down is going to make us no.1 automatically. even when kumble was not in the ground, dhony's capaincy, field placing etc dint have any major impact on th aussie batsmen... this pitch looks more suited for a finger spinner bowling offspin. while both kumble and amit are struggling to take wckets and when both kumble and dhony are struggling to make things happen as captains, why is only kumble being singled out?

The reason why Kumble is being singled out is that this is Mishra's 2nd test match. Kumble has played over 130. There's a vast difference in expectation from Kumble and so far in this series he's done nothing to earn his place either as a captain or bowler. And now, even in Kotla he's useless. I really hope this guy disappears soon because I'm tired of watching a useless broken down bowler get a few token wickets off tail enders. What a sorry end to a great career.

The other thing I have noticed is that Kumble is a bit too emotional to lead the Indian team. When he is frustrated it really shows on his face and his body language. He needs to control his emotions a bit better when leading the team because it rubs off on his teammates. I feel sorry for Kumble because he took over as captain at a time when India were really in trouble (Dhoni was deemed too young, and Dravid,Sachin, Ganguly had all been tried) ... but with the captaincy, and the lack of form I think its becoming too much for Kumble.

this is such an insane thread. amit mishra is totally struggling. kumble is coming out and fighting like a warrior weith an injured hand. and here, you guys are going after him, as if his stepping down is going to make us no.1 automatically. even when kumble was not in the ground, dhony's capaincy, field placing etc dint have any major impact on th aussie batsmen... this pitch looks more suited for a finger spinner bowling offspin. while both kumble and amit are struggling to take wckets and when both kumble and dhony are struggling to make things happen as captains, why is only kumble being singled out?
Ok that is partly true (about the pitch being suited for finger spinners) ... but its not just this match. Its this series, last series and the series before that where he has been far from his best. CC1981 made a good point about spinners but I think that applies to bowlers in general. When a batsman is out of form , often just occupying the crease and working through a rough patch leads you back in to form. The same can not be said about bowlers. Its much more difficult for a bowler to return to form quickly than a batsman.
Guest HariSampath
The other thing I have noticed is that Kumble is a bit too emotional to lead the Indian team. When he is frustrated it really shows on his face and his body language. He needs to control his emotions a bit better when leading the team because it rubs off on his teammates. I feel sorry for Kumble because he took over as captain at a time when India were really in trouble (Dhoni was deemed too young, and Dravid,Sachin, Ganguly had all been tried) ... but with the captaincy, and the lack of form I think its becoming too much for Kumble.
Lets put this straight...Kumble was magnificent to take over the captaincy last year. Sachin was asked and refused, Dravid had quit the job, Ganguly's place was not sure , and Dhoni was already 1-day captain and selectors didnt want to burden him first in an India-Pak series, with Aus tour coming up. But Lets be very clear...Kumble was always keeping the seat warm for Dhoni, everyone agreed on that. It was largely speculated that Kumble would lead for 2 series, complete 600 record , and then hand over to Dhoni in a home series. Even Kumble acknowledged it at that time . And now...is that time, so without further delay , Dhoni needs to be given the charge, he has been under Kumble who has led more than initially expected. Kumble led in the home Pak series, Aus tour, home SA series, SL tour and now BG trophy...thats 5 test series, and it is really time to hand it over officially.

Guys, what do you all think of kumble shouting so loud and infront of all those people at mishra? after all, he bowled far better than the old man, and in general, is a better fielder than kumble..the sight of kumble shouting at poor fielding by his team mates is nothing new(inspite of being a pathetic fielder himself), but here looked like a real mean fellow when he wanted a wicket 4 himself very badly and also later when he took the return catch and threw the ball back ferociously . i might be wrong, but i really felt like beating the hell out of him! I mean, a dhoni or even a yuvi would never do it, especially to an young, budding cricketer like mishra. Thats called' keeping a cool head under pressure', an essential attribute of a good captain

Guys' date=' what do you all think of kumble shouting so loud and infront of all those people at mishra? after all, he bowled far better than the old man, and in general, is a better fielder than kumble..the sight of kumble shouting at poor fielding by his team mates is nothing new(inspite of being a pathetic fielder himself), but here looked like a real mean fellow when he wanted a wicket 4 himself very badly and also later when he took the return catch and threw the ball back ferociously . i might be wrong, but i really felt like beating the hell out of him! I mean, a dhoni or even a yuvi would never do it, especially to an young, budding cricketer like mishra. Thats called' keeping a cool head under pressure', an essential attribute of a good captain[/quote'] Kumble just showed his 'insecure' self...and it was very evident for all to see.

Yeah Kumble was a bit too emotional during the first innings ... not just the shouting at Mishra but the throwing of the ball after the final catch. It was probably the most angry and frustrated I have seen Kumble in a while. He needs to keep his emotions in check a bit more. Someone said once that teams play the way their captain does. So if kumble shows signs of frustration, then that will rub off on the team.