Gillchrist: Murali is a chucker

Fontaine

Nothing means shyte. What will you construct to hide yourself? Who knows? I have lived in Australia for twenty years. That is half my life. Mate....being of WHITE SKIN as you are....do you know what I have seen in the last twenty years? Could you care? Let me tell you. Innumerable pub fights...I also know the Wamba-Wamba, Wurunndjieri, Bunnerong, Woi-Worrong....all the tribes..... The odds that I have seen in single battle perhaps you have not. I have engaged a whole platoon of the 3RAR....in a pub.... I am glad to report...that not only did I survive....I taught.

I try my best. That's all I can do. People can say this or that....the frankness of it...those that say don't really know. So I am at sea. And happy. For now. The fundamental difference between East and West is this: One worships ego and sees it as the fount of all ambition....the other, deplores ego, and sees it as the fount of all deviation.... p.s. "being of WHITE SKIN as you are....do you know what I have seen in the last twenty years? Could you care?" I am proudly and handsomely brown.

p.s. "being of WHITE SKIN as you are....do you know what I have seen in the last twenty years? Could you care?"
This is the second time you've quoted this and this is the second time i am stumped, as i do not get the reference. If you are referring to me, i aint white- i am (largely) a brown man - the only confirmed 'white' in me is portuguese from 4 generations ago.

I am referering to the argument....not you. I may as well refer to myself or anyone....for I am not racist. But trust me....I have seen racism like you cannot even begin to imagine. In this wonderful country called Australia. To begin to tell this story....,of anglo-Autralia....would take a while and take a lot of incoming fire too....happy to wear it....just not patient enough for it. I have had enough....and I have done the hard yards....trust me. It's all ego and so easily is it punctured. The whole ethos....is kind of funny. For Aussies are very geared towards sports. The question you must ask is....why? Why?

I have seen racism like you cannot even begin to imagine
Hah ! Not that i am doubting the essence of what you are saying, but try being a brown Indian 'heathen dude' living in Arabia for 3-4 years for 'racism'. I have also seen a little bit of it here in the last 10 years ( Canada is remarkably good for that actually - i'd say race/ethnic intercourse here is greater than in India)
of anglo-Autralia
heh i know to an extent. I dont judge them by it, but most do just prove themselves to fit the image.
I have had enough....and I have done the hard yards....trust me.
Me thinks either homeland or a better place beckons - Canada for example. Though in Canada, it is still a niche circle. Most of the poor immigrants/trailer-park whites are racist - unbeleivably so. But in general, more educated & liberal leaning people there are ( and Ontario,Quebec,BC,Saskatchewan major cities are full of them and they do represent a big part of the population of Canada), the more race becomes irrelevant and to such an extent that its value is in pure gag factor. In terms of 'stupid divisions amongst people' factor, be it race/religion/caste whatever, i've found Canada to be very liberal and easygoing. Vancouver is pretty awesome in this regard - just in terms of 'friends/spouse/lover/relatives' angle, this society is remarkably mixed and tolerant.
It's all ego and so easily is it punctured. The whole ethos....is kind of funny.
I'd say there is merit to that too though i know what you mean. Ultimately, i think a little bit of ego is necessary by the laws of this universe. The rate of accomplishment their society achieved has been supernatural by overall human history standards. Me thinks there are some lessons learnt from the type of society you are referring to, though it is sometimes tiring to live in such a society. (Maybe thats why white society is also a very ' i-go-camping/swimming/travelling/ph**k off for a while' type compared to ours. ) But yeah, an ego-driven society is sometimes pure comedy of errors.
For Aussies are very geared towards sports. The question you must ask is....why? Why?
hehehe. I getcha. Not a very PC-thing to say, but i getcha. Funny thing is, i've found Canucks have a remarkably similar view towards Aussies as we Indians do. I worked at this huge dockyard once where a lotta tourist ships would pop by. I kinda knew my shift was going to suck when it was the Aussie crowd comming in. Fortunately, the reaction was near universal amongst staff and the supervisor kind of spread the workload around for shorter shifts/longer breaks by calling in more people. Either loud,brash/breaky/crashy/drunk or old scary people types walking off with the sane ones as rare as a sixer in ODI cricket. Oops, i've said too much!
heh i know to an extent. I dont judge them by it, but most do just prove themselves to fit the image.
Aussies are good people...but they are almost naturally racist....man....I ain't no fool and I have been in situations here that you culd not even imagine....I know the country and the people I live with...they are not bad people...much more open than you can believe....but how many can you talk to...you see the crap raize it's head all the time...I am one of those that cannot accept...so I fight every inch...so they leave me alone....see?
Hah ! Not that i am doubting the essence of what you are saying, but try being a brown Indian 'heathen dude' living in Arabia for 3-4 years for 'racism'. I have also seen a little bit of it here in the last 10 years ( Canada is remarkably good for that actually - i'd say race/ethnic intercourse here is greater than in India)
I do hope the Canucks are better. The anglo-saxon "white" race is so insecure....it is unbelievable..the reason they they attack the non-white is from this very position...insecurity....what a sorry state eh? The anglo-saxons do not know their own history...and nor are they interested. As far as they are concerend...there is no history to appeal to bseides their immediate history.... Where to start...where to end? Know this....if you had colour in your skin...you fought alone....as I did...then I was pleasantly surprised...
The anglo-saxon "white" race is so insecure....it is unbelievable.
True, though they are pretty mixed 'white' in most of Canada - the way our history's worked out, practically most 'total white' Canucks have a francophone/slavic/nordic/irish background somewhere or another. Plus there is a liberal amount of mixing amongst brown & asian people in the big cities for a while now. And all i gotta say sometimes is hot damn - i know this girl who's japanese and iranian - all i can say is, hot damn. Really!
The anglo-saxons do not know their own history...and nor are they interested. As far as they are concerend...there is no history to appeal to bseides their immediate history....
True. But i think its a function of time. Go long enough back and all cultures are guilty of it really. We've sort of truncated our history from 'noble arya' times to now - sure, that may be many thousands of years ago but we've divorced ourselves from the adivaasi/vanvaasi past, that predates our arya-samaj. Same case with the anglos- they can be less secure, because their 'truncation point' isnt 4000-7000 years ago, its less than 2000 years ago.
Know this....if you had colour in your skin...you fought alone....as I did...then I was pleasantly surprised...
I do have color - though i dont always get recognised as an Indian - i get liberal amounts of Persian/middle-eastern/sometimes hispanic/etc. I didn't/don't really have to fight - i generally do not care enough and i generally have skills/method to get what i want - socially or economically. And like i said, the circles i usually hang around in ( 30s/early 40s middle class families/university students/grads or late teens/early-mid 20s folks) is generally very receptive of race. Put it this way - it isnt rare for people to dress in racial steriortypes for halloween and walk aorund town and hardly anyone gets mad or upset. I pretty much wore a swastika-dotted kurta (those really fancy desi ones) on halloween and ended up in a trashy 24/7 restaurant at 4am with drunk people/truckers and nobody said anything or looked funny at me. The thing with Canada is,its just as diverse as the US, maybe teeny bit less, but we are 1/10th of the population and we've been helluva lot better to our first nations than the yanks - so we do take social pride in and try to keep up interracial harmony to a remarkable degree. Not to mention, our past was nowhere as gory as the Aussies, even a 100-150 years ago. This sociey has never classified any group of people as 'vermins' and put bounty for their extermination as happened for a while on that air rock called 'down under.' The 'mainstream' here, is far more tolerating and open.

Forget about gilchrist's beliefs or what he says he will be remembered in years to come from what he did on the field. The best keeper/batsmen the world has ever seen. Second most tests dismisals ever and the most centuries clearly by a keeper with an average near 50. When they pick a world XI of all time he will be the keeper.

No doubt about that ... and despite this he is still one of my all time favourite players because of the joy I got from watching his batting (except when India were on the receiving end of it). I just think this book reeks of hypocrisy in terms of "leaving everything on the field". Nonetheless I think Gilchrist is the greatest keeper-batsman period.

Plenty more to come, Dom. As I previously mentioned, there's the 'All right handed batsmen should be banned' chapter, the 'Wicketkeepers should be allowed to bowl' bit, and the outrageous claim that 'All teams sledge (in their own dialects) - especially India'. No doubt, some journo will turn those into sensational headlines and the usual suspects, in here, will turn them into whatever takes their fancy. :regular_smile:

Plenty more to come, Dom. As I previously mentioned, there's the 'All right handed batsmen should be banned' chapter, the 'Wicketkeepers should be allowed to bowl' bit, and the outrageous claim that 'All teams sledge (in their own dialects) - especially India'. No doubt, some journo will turn those into sensational headlines and the usual suspects, in here, will turn them into whatever takes their fancy. :regular_smile:
was that your attempt at humour chameli?