Javed Miandad: "We need to bring back players who left for ICL back to Pak squad"

Feed

Who said BCCI are going to cancel? Why would they cancel, BCCI is not trying to destroy pak cricket. Of course they will play at neutral venue or even have tour in India. The matches will go ahead one way or another unless your great plan of recalling ICL players go ahead or playing against lahore:(( So BCCI has tried to help in getting teams to tour. That is way above BCCI responsibilities, done as a favour not that pak fans can see that. The reason why no teams tour pak is cos of terrorism and the fact teams never liked touring there anyway. BCCI can't help in this. This is something pakistan needs to address. Why blame BCCI with whines of you have not managed to convince anyone etc etc. Pak v lahore sounds lame and cr#p. It is not international cricket and is pants domestic affair. If that what you want have it! You will be bored after 2 games and dream of real interantional cricket like playing India. But if you so desperate for 20/20 circus game then have them. Test cricket is what it is all about for me and games between countries. Pak fans seem very confused these days and are having some seriously muddled thinking
I don't think you understood. In spite of BCCI support, is not able to gather all foreign teams to tour in Pakistan. But we have to move on now. Pakistan had no Test cricket in this year. Furthermore, Pakistan has to bear ICL stealing some of our finest cricketers like Razzaq and Yousuf. Pakistan may need Yousuf support in Test series from the beginning of next year. In spite of projecting on BCCI for favoring Pakistan, rather you should look what Pakistan cricket has suffered in this year and suffering is thank to ICL-BCCI issues. BCCI needs to understand and let PCB unban ICL. ICL Lahore Badshah vs Pakistan might not be attracting enough, but it already is in Pakistan. That's our dream to watch this kind of tournament. I am pretty sure India will tour in Pakistan in spite of current situation Pakistan is facing. But Pakistan needs to unban ICL because our current cricketers will join ICL too. The money has blindfolded them and Pakistan gets to suffer in return. It turns out Pakistan does need ICL. Otherwise, IPL has to step up and hire some cricketers from domestic like Anwar Ali, Mohammad Talha and Sohail Khan. They will provide the best job for any team in IPL :two_thumbs_up: Sometimes, we need to understand Pakistan situation even though Pakistan is getting support from BCCI on every issues which i truly admire that. Pardon to several Pakistani posters for criticizing BCCI for concerning on ICL where some of their favorite cricketers are!
Why dont ICL take ICC and BCCI to court?What are they waiting for?Even ICC lawyers have said that they will lose the case if ICL goes to court?
If you want to live in a lalaland... its upto you. But in my book, ICL doesn't have the grounds to take BCCI and ICC to court and thats why they are trying to put as much pressure as possible by other means. ICL is an independent money sucking organization created with only one intention of making money. They have no intention of developing cricket. And IMO, they should NOT be given recognition. Otherwise anybody with a couple of hundred million dollars will start a leage and BCCI / ICC will have to give them recognition. How many such leagues can the world afford. It will dilute the cricket competiion. IMO, BCCI is right in not giving ICL recognition.
Otherwise anybody with a couple of hundred million dollars will start a leage and BCCI / ICC will have to give them recognition.
Although, i believe Pakistani cricketers shouldn't have joined the ICL. It's understandable with cricketers like Imran Nazir, Farhat who were kicked out of team, and therefore, are required to play the role breadwinner including Inzimam and the rest of them who were denied to represent the team. What i fail to understand on Razzaq and Yousuf joining ICL when they were automatic choice of ODI and Test, and yet they continued to join because they weren't selected in T20?
Although' date=' i believe Pakistani cricketers shouldn't have joined the ICL. It's understandable with cricketers like Imran Nazir, Farhat who were kicked out of team, and therefore, are required to play the role breadwinner including Inzimam and the rest of them who were denied to represent the team. What i fail to understand on Razzaq and Yousuf joining ICL when they were automatic choice of ODI and Test, and yet they continued to join because they weren't selected in T20?[/quote'] Then whose fault is it that Pakistan has lost so many players... how the heck is it BCCIs fault if Pakistani players defect to some private league... why is the current PCB administration and former players including majority of Pakistani fans blaming BCCI... Logic???
Why dont ICL take ICC and BCCI to court?What are they waiting for?Even ICC lawyers have said that they will lose the case if ICL goes to court?
indeed! ICC and BCCI have zero chance. Its not a question of who is good enough to play international cricket(thats a separate issue) its a question of principal, i really hope some one stands up against these morally bankrupt bullies(once again a very polite word).

It cud be a money sucking organization or whatever. But BCCI does not have the rights to ban players just because they play in the ICL. BCCI can prohibit the players it has in contract (the national teams) to not play in ICL, to protect them from injuries etc etc. But, thats only for the contracted players, it does not have the right to ban players who need to make a living and who may or may not represent India by saying they cant play ICL. When you think about it ICL is no different than local cricket tournaments with better money. I feel for the players who play in the ICL just the Indian ones. The pakistanis are a different story and I dont know why they blame BCCI.

It cud be a money sucking organization or whatever. But BCCI does not have the rights to ban players just because they play in the ICL. BCCI can prohibit the players it has in contract (the national teams) to not play in ICL, to protect them from injuries etc etc. But, thats only for the contracted players, it does not have the right to ban players who need to make a living and who may or may not represent India by saying they cant play ICL. When you think about it ICL is no different than local cricket tournaments with better money. I feel for the players who play in the ICL just the Indian ones. The pakistanis are a different story and I dont know why they blame BCCI.
Thing is triam that even after 100+ top players in the world were in BCCI/IPL's pocket they still went on to ban the no names like Arshad khan, Campbell guy from AUS, Tahir Mughal etc. Why can't they(IPL) just take the "best of the crop" and leave the REST to go where ever they want. As of now they don't consider the likes of Arshad Khan, Campbell etc good enough to play in IPL yet these folks aren't also given a chance to play in ICL because of the bullying tactics by BCCI(read D Tuffey's story)...

I agree... Life ban is unfair. But I think they should allow players back in the fold if the player is willing to leave the league. I am not against ICL providing jobs and everything to the never has been and / or spent stars... But of course they should also be not allowed in the fold unless they are ready to leave the league. Tell me something would your Ex-Employer allow you in the building while you are still working at his competitors place... I know I wouldn't...

the thing that irks me the most is the attitude against people like Tunga(sri lankan cricket) and Llyod. llyod in particular merely expressed his opinion and now he has been attacked too...how low can you get?
Its up to the BCCI they want to crush the ICL. You should support the BCCI in crucshing the ICL rebel league. As if indeed the ICL is crushed in a year or 2. Then problem solved and you will have all your players back(not that any of them apart from yoyo would make your team). Still your blind hatred for BCCI and indian cricket is creating muddled thinking by pak fans. BBCI are willing to tour and were supporting pak champions trophy going ahead , why don't you vent fury at other countries who did none of this?
indeed! ICC and BCCI have zero chance. Its not a question of who is good enough to play international cricket(thats a separate issue) its a question of principal, i really hope some one stands up against these morally bankrupt bullies(once again a very polite word).
What bit of its a rebel league do you not get? They are a competitor to BCCI. And you want BCCI to support ICL, you live in a dream world.
Its up to the BCCI they want to crush the ICL. You should support the BCCI in crucshing the ICL rebel league. As if indeed the ICL is crushed in a year or 2. Then problem solved and you will have all your players back(not that any of them apart from yoyo would make your team). Still your blind hatred for BCCI and indian cricket is creating muddled thinking by pak fans. BBCI are willing to tour and were supporting pak champions trophy going ahead , why don't you vent fury at other countries who did none of this?
My blind hatred? there is a bit of irony there because i feel the blind support of BCCI's disgusting actions is because of the "I" in their name. or may be if they could change their name from Board of control of cricket in IND to Bullies controlling cricket Internationally then we might not have these "blind" supporters like yourself but as i said before the issue is so one sided that i would rather debate on the color of orange juice than waste my time proving where the bullies have gone wrong.

MP, Sorry, but this is pure whinage. Your position reeks of someone who cant accept that the fault lies at your doorstep. If YOUR players are knowingly going to sign for a private organization, that is fueding with a major national board, how the feck is it the national board's responsibility to put aside their fued for YOUR player's sake ?!? Wtf ?? BCCI can identify a private cricketing organization and say players participating in that won't be allowed to tour in India - BCCI holds the rights to all the cricketing grounds in India, they can deny any player (including Indian players - BCCI hasn't discriminated in this regard i remind you!) the right to play in grounds operated by them, in series they are organizing or involved in. Period. Yes, i realize how frustrated you must feel - your domestic cricket is largely a joke, your players have run into one problem another other ( chucking, doping, etc) and there hasn't been any real talent that has cemented their spot since Younis-Yousuf came around. In such a time, your team needs their stalwarts, but your stalwarts abandoned ship. Perhaps you should look introspectively into this instead of blaming BCCI in this regard. BCCI is a corporation - you play by corporate rules here. Nobody else is whining, why are you/PAK fans ??

MP, Sorry, but this is pure whinage. Your position reeks of someone who cant accept that the fault lies at your doorstep. If YOUR players are knowingly going to sign for a private organization, that is fueding with a major national board, how the feck is it the national board's responsibility to put aside their fued for YOUR player's sake ?!? Wtf ?? BCCI can identify a private cricketing organization and say players participating in that won't be allowed to tour in India - BCCI holds the rights to all the cricketing grounds in India, they can deny any player (including Indian players - BCCI hasn't discriminated in this regard i remind you!) the right to play in grounds operated by them, in series they are organizing or involved in. Period. Yes, i realize how frustrated you must feel - your domestic cricket is largely a joke, your players have run into one problem another other ( chucking, doping, etc) and there hasn't been any real talent that has cemented their spot since Younis-Yousuf came around. In such a time, your team needs their stalwarts, but your stalwarts abandoned ship. Perhaps you should look introspectively into this instead of blaming BCCI in this regard. BCCI is a corporation - you play by corporate rules here. Nobody else is whining, why are you/PAK fans ??
Bullseye.... Well put CC..
My blind hatred? there is a bit of irony there because i feel the blind support of BCCI's disgusting actions is because of the "I" in their name. or may be if they could change their name from Board of control of cricket in IND to Bullies controlling cricket Internationally then we might not have these "blind" supporters like yourself but as i said before the issue is so one sided that i would rather debate on the color of orange juice than waste my time proving where the bullies have gone wrong.
Disgusting actions! I dont like the ICL. It should be eradicated. I agree with the bcci here. Bullies. If you dont like it select your ICL players. Stand up to the so called bully. Vent your anger at the pcb to stand up. We wont play you and instead get some other country to tour your angst ridden country, good luck with that! Also get out of cloud coocko land. India are the dominat force so of copurse the dominant parties will do things for their interests, welcome to the real world! Also select your ICL players, lets see what they do when as in your games against windies, pak games clash with icl. When your money hungry players choose icl over pak team, who then will you vent your anger at. No doubt you will start spewing hatred towards ICL, this indian league. You will also probably start saying BCCI are not crushing the icl and so ruining the pak team. You need to and look like many of your country men also should from within for all your problems in pakistan. And stop blaming everyone else for your problems.

I also find it extrodinarily bizzare that the one organistion that is willing and is going to send its team to tour pakistan is the BCCI. Yes that right the hated BCCI. Yet you still hate the BCCI even though none of the other organisations around the world will send their team. Do you give any credit for the BCCI in this respect MP? Also bizzare was how the BCCI supported the champions trophy going ahead in pakistan. BCCI supported pak cricket here. Do the BBCI get any thanks? Hell no just hatred. Do you give the BCCI any credit in this MP? Thats why it is blind hatred. And the reason MP and others have the blind hatred towards BCCI is the I in it eg India.

With all due respect i suggest that you read my earlier post Issue is so one sided that it doesn't warrant a debate so i am not even going to touch your points. All i have to say is that fairly soon even the Indian fans like yourself(not the dsr type) will fully turn against BCCI( the rest of the world already has) Give it some 12 months and this whole drama will come to a screeching halt.
Disgusting actions! I dont like the ICL. It should be eradicated. I agree with the bcci here. Bullies. If you dont like it select your ICL players. Stand up to the so called bully. Vent your anger at the pcb to stand up. We wont play you and instead get some other country to tour your angst ridden country, good luck with that! Also get out of cloud coocko land. India are the dominat force so of copurse the dominant parties will do things for their interests, welcome to the real world! Also select your ICL players, lets see what they do when as in your games against windies, pak games clash with icl. When your money hungry players choose icl over pak team, who then will you vent your anger at. No doubt you will start spewing hatred towards ICL, this indian league. You will also probably start saying BCCI are not crushing the icl and so ruining the pak team. You need to and look like many of your country men also should from within for all your problems in pakistan. And stop blaming everyone else for your problems.
see what i mean by blackmailing. Thats what its all about...rishwat and blackmailing.
Thats why it is blind hatred. And the reason MP and others have the blind hatred towards BCCI is the I in it eg India.
well lets see I will give you the link to flaiming bails forum, there they have plenty of Indian posters who have known me for 5 or 6 years. You go there and ask each and every one of them(there are about 15-20 or so) as to why i am against BCCI and if a majority of them agree with you then i will leave this forum for good and you won't ever have to listen to me again. Deal?