ECB and BCCI reach IPL agreement

Chandan

ECB and BCCI reach IPL agreement ECB and BCCI reach IPL agreement 27 January 2009 The ECB and the Board of Control for Cricket in India have agreed that England players will be available to participate in the Indian Premier League for at least three weeks this year and next. Following meetings in India prior to Christmas and a further meeting in Singapore in January, the Board of Control for Cricket in India and the ECB are pleased to announce that England players will be available to participate in the Indian Premier League auction on February 6 and to play in the IPL for a minimum of a three-week period in 2009 and 2010. The boards have further agreed to work together to seek materially similar dates for the IPL in 2010 as 2009 within the international fixture schedule. The BCCI and ECB have also agreed to schedule Test match and one-day series over a four-year cycle commencing in 2011. ECB chief executive David Collier commented: “The discussions held between our respective boards have been most productive and ECB is grateful to the president and honorary secretary of BCCI for the excellent relationship which has been developed with the BCCI on a wide-ranging number of issues. “Our agreement is good for the players, the respective boards, our counties and for cricket. We look forward to welcoming India, the reigning ICC World Twenty20 champions, to England for the ICC World Twenty20 this summer and for the tour of England and Wales in 2011.†BCCI secretary N Srinivasan said: “We are very pleased with the out come of the discussions. BCCI looks forward to building upon our warm relationship with the senior officers of ECB.†------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So what happened to that deal which would have both the countries play 5 test matches after every two years like they do in Ashes? I hope that idea has not been bunked! And then there were some ridiculous suggestions or demands that BCCI should share IPL revenue with the other cricket boards? What happened to that?

Hrmm. Sounds good. I am also not too fond of the series being like our present cycle with Australia - I would've much rather had it like the Ashes -both with Australia and England. I think Manjrekar and Greig were the ones who suggested that India share the revenue with other boards so they feel less intimidated by the BCCI. I think we should selectively share the revenue (if we were to do so)- with NZ and SL exclusively. Aus, SA, etc. are all doing pretty well. I would say WI but the politicians in the WICB would steal it.