Thunder!

Mr. Wicket

Here's a fun one. Joe Strummer (long after the Clash, and after he'd started to soften down his act a little bit) performing Rock the Casbah. Doesn't have the same intensity as the old Clash version, but still really fun. GqdPc2n9UX4&feature=related

cochise, that comfortably numb video is from dave gilmour's 'on an island' tour right? cause i was so there :) I think a few others from the board also caught a show (aditi?). 4 pages of guitar and not a mention of zappa? I had posted 'St. Etienne' a while back, but the thread was less than well attended :) So here I try to educate again. Sorry I don't know how to embed this video, but it is so worth clicking. (Especially for cochise/salil/anyone who likes jazz/blues) http://onurlar.blogspot.com/2009/02/fz-st-etienne-82.html ^ That is from the Jazz from Hell album. I got the album from a friend and Zappa groupie a few years ago, and hated it. After two songs of incomprehensible noise I stopped it and never listened to it again. And a few months ago, I found this video on Henry's site (awesome site, btw, lots of bootlegs and lots of sitar/sarod stuff if you are into that) and was gobsmacked. And it's from that same *****y album -- unbelievable.

EQ-JyAGUsys More Sultans of Swing. Yes, I can't get enough of this song. And to make it even cooler, Eric Clapton's in on it as well. (On an aside, the resemblance between Knopfler in that vid and Jerry Seinfeld is freaky!) And more Clapton + Knopfler... now one of the Clapton (or technically Derek & the Dominoes) Classics. kQVvF0AeRLI&feature=related

So Knopfler made it here :P
Just go through some of the previous posts. I idolize the man (and about 20% of my ipod is only Knopfler/Dire Straits stuff). Probably the most complete musician I have ever heard, between his songwriting, vocals and absolutely effortless guitar work. No wonder Tendulkar admires him so much. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1029903.cms - btw, great piece about the mutual admiration between God and the Guitar God... :--D