IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

20+ waalon ka koi nahin sochta hum toh pade hain gutter mein:((:((
As I write, Shane at 1 and the 15th ranker are separated by 1000 points whereas 15-35 are separated by 500 and 35-50 separated by 500. It is just my feeling that on a regular day there are no major shuffles in the top 15-20 whereas the others keep shuffling because the points separating them are less. So today was really a day where the top 20 could have been shuffled big time.

I did indeed mean it is the bowlers who come up with the extra points' date=' first with an economy of around 5-6 and then with a wicket or 2, add catch to that. And the big bully batsmen, when fail, fail miserably.[/quote'] Then its fair right? Bowlers have only 24 deliveries to prove their worth and earn points.. Whereas a batsman can play anywhere between 50 to 70 deliveries in a long innings... even if he starts slowly.. he can make up later...

Shane is too effing good man. :two_thumbs_up:
Chadaa mat biloo, i goofed up today big time, actually i was suprized to see myself in the lead let alone a hundred points, good to see shawn in third after he missed out on one game, well done Karteek :hatsoff:

One reason why lot of ppl thnk that there is no movement in the leader board is Shane's and Karteek's consistency :adore: When you look at the top two ad they dont change for a long time, you get a feeling that there is no movement at all. However.. from places 3 to 10 there has been a lot of movement. DrakKnight, Shawn, Bobby, Spin and myself have occupied the 3rd spot briefly... Now Tapioca has broken into the top 10 and is expected to be inthe Top 5 soon... So, the game is definitely open... Ppl have to keep playing without giving a break. I agree that the degree of movements in the top 10 or top 20 will be far lesser than outside, primarily because the players picked by these wuold be more or less similar except 1 or 2 differences like yesterday, when Hodge and Duminy excelled and Yuvi, Yusuf pickd 7 wkts among themselves. Also we have to blame the ipl players themselves cos the big performances are coming only from the select few. Unlike last year, where Swapnil, Amit Mishra, Gony etc were coming up with big performance, this year its only the big guys who have topped the charts... Malinga is the only exception where not many would have thought he would perform this well.. Also.. the higher degree of movement outside Top 20 or Top 50 is because not many players in that group are making subs regularly. So, there could be a bunch of players on any given day who dont have the players that matter in their 16. Hence those who subbed that day, will find themselves moving very fast, even if they score 100 or 150 points for the match. This gives an illusion that you move up faster whn you are outside the Top 20 and get stuck after you reach Top 20. We have been hearing a lot of this from ppl who came into top 20 and not able yto make a move after that.. I would say a par score for a half decent match would be 200-250 whereas a high scoring game with performances like 5 for or a 70+ score @ s.r of 150 would fetch you anywhere between 350 - 450 (provided you have those guys in your 16). Unless you make such score in a match, you cant move ahead. And worst is even to defend your position you have to consistently score 200+ points every match, otherwise you'll lose 3 to 4 positions..

Lolz, Dina is writing a Thesis on "Strategies - IPL SS", infact majority of his posts can be merged into a thread and can may be called "Guidelines to IPL SS" and can be used by the users who are new to the concept of SS. Very Informative :hatsoff:

I blame Bangalore royal challengers and the 2 wash out matches for not able to move upwards of 17. royal challengers drop, pick, drop players with out any rhyme or reason. after the first match, i picked Ryder for 2ns match because he took a few wickets.but he was dropped. later i dropped Ryder and picked Taylor. On cue, Jennings dropped taylor! for the wash out matches, i pro actively subbed players and lost heavily. yesterday, i picked 4 players from RCB, but insted of Kallis selcted Morne van wyk who was promptly dropped after a good performance in his only match. so, looking at the lkeaderboard i must appreciate the Top 16 for consistently performing and having clear strategies. luck may help once or twice but not every time, in every match. i must say the top 25 have been fairly consistent and each one deserves the ranking! so many forummers who are doing very well are almost very silent and hardly post or discuss about IPL, even in controversial threads. i am surprised by that! may be that is what u call, "people who do perform rather than empty talk':two_thumbs_up:

We should be trading the lead anytime soon
If only you had not picked Hodge... I was very very hesitant in picking him because I just don't like him. Chawla picked 3 catches for you. So even a very bad day was not all that bad. Jumbo and Abdullah were purely picked because I had to have at least 3 bowlers. So, all in all, an excellent day. And I did not put any stratos either. Grame Smith's gotta play a match-winning knock today. I guessed you would pick both Asnodkar and Carseldine today. So I just stayed away from them.

I saw Bilakhia, Suman, Venu, Dwayne Smith and Shoaib and said man... today is Warnie's day. So far not to be. 29 in 3 overs and no wicket. Now I realize that these actually are Hyderabad players. excellent players of spin... hmmm... tough luck.. spoilt the hard work done yesterday. This Suman guy is impressive.

I saw Bilakhia' date=' Suman, Venu, Dwayne Smith and Shoaib and said man... today is Warnie's day. So far not to be. 29 in 3 overs and no wicket. Now I realize that these actually are Hyderabad players. excellent players of spin... hmmm... tough luck.. spoilt the hard work done yesterday. This Suman guy is impressive.[/quote'] Dude, we seriously need cricketing brains like you posting more often, would be very insighful.

Dude' date=' we seriously need cricketing brains like you posting more often, would be very insighful.[/quote'] hehehe... everyone would have cursed me had I posted this before the game. Carseldine is a good pick. Nothing on field so far. I just hope Warnie promotes himself as a pinch-hitter and get some quick runs. He surely is a captain who believes in leading from the front. He did not succeed with the ball today and the batting lineup is not that great either. With his experience behind him, he should back himself.