Who would you vote for irrespective of his opponent

veeru_rocks

I will always vote for Arun Shourie even if he fights against Advani jaitley Dr. JP and Modi.. Who is your candidate who gets your vote hands down no matter what..
I had good opinion about Arun Shourie in the 80's. but after he became a cabinet minister in NDA govt , especially after he was part of the disinvestment process where shady deals took place, i lost my respect for him. besides, he was in the GOM along with Pramod Mahajan when Reliance group were big beneficiaries in the Cellular licenses/circles and later CDMA fiasco. what i hated was his defence of Reliance as well as telecom ministry which blatantly favoured Ambanis, despite their cheating in routing overseas calls as local calls. MJAkbar calls a spade a spade. he did not shrink away from criticising Rajiv Gandhi when he made mistakes despite getting elected as an MP on a congress ticket, and so i respect him a lot.

I had good opinion about Arun Shourie in the 80's. but after he became a cabinet minister in NDA govt , especially after he was part of the disinvestment process where shady deals took place, i lost my respect for him. besides, he was in the GOM along with Pramod Mahajan when Reliance group were big beneficiaries in the Cellular licenses/circles and later CDMA fiasco. what i hated was his defence of Reliance as well as telecom ministry which blatantly favoured Ambanis, despite their cheating in routing overseas calls as local calls. MJAkbar calls a spade a spade. he did not shrink away from criticising Rajiv Gandhi when he made mistakes despite getting elected as an MP on a congress ticket, and so i respect him a lot.
Those allegations were as unfounded as anything.. that was classic case of throw some mud and then run away and expect ti to stick and some people for instancelike you wud keep harping on that....... AruN shourie unlike politician of yore provided point by popint rebuttal and volunteered to make himself present to advocate his own case if these allegatiosn have even sligtest of truth possible.. needless to say mud-throwers were never intersted in it and their noise subsided.. M J akbar was associated with gandhi after 1984 and I never heard him uttering a word while he was under rajeev gandhi abotu that event although he does speak now.. Anyway point was not to criticise choice of one or another.. point was to put your candidate who you vote for no matter what

I will always vote for Arun Shourie even if he fights against Advani jaitley Dr. JP and Modi.. Who is your candidate who gets your vote hands down no matter what..
can you tell me what is Arun Shourie's stance on the gujarat killings? what is his stance on Modi's governance when he allowed his party men to kill muslims for 2 days with out any police action? if a person does not condemn the killings in gujarat and does not criticise Modi for his collusion with the killers, he does not carry any respect despite his back ground.Arun Shourie is a slimey backbone less journalist.he does not deserve any votes, perhaps he knows that.

can you tell me what is Arun Shourie's stance on the gujarat killings? what is his stance on Modi's governance when he allowed his party men to kill muslims for 2 days with out any police action? if a person does not condemn the killings in gujarat and does not criticise Modi for his collusion with the killers, he does not carry any respect despite his back ground.Arun Shourie is a slimey backbone less journalist.he does not deserve any votes, perhaps he knows that.
HE wants all muslims to be butchered, happy now .. pick your candidate mate.. I am not dicussing every judge-jury-executioners nonsensical opnion as truth here..

Good to see we both agree on Arun Shourie and Ramnath Goenka. Ramnath Goenka also deserves a mention specially because men like him are responsible for keeping politicians on their toes during India's darkest political moment. I do have a feeling these days that Shourie and Jaitley are feeling a bit of pressure inside BJP. It is extremely difficult to fathom the quitness that Shourie is displaying a week or two ahead of General election. Jaitley has become more belligerent but his arguments lack teeth these days. Specially his one line comebacks, quips, are completely missing. The other day he was doing a 1-on-1 debate with Sibal and I was surprised he did not simply run Sibal over. I have a feeling that with the growth of Modi leaders like Shourey and Jaitley are facing the heat and while the former has kept quiet the latter has chose to become more belligerent thus somehow sacrificing his intellect. Fair enough. However purely as a journalist MJ Akbar's range is vastly bigger to Shourie's repertoire.
Shourie is doing what he is capable of addressing freinds of BJP group in universities all over India.. HE is not public speaker and can only connect with crowd certain level of intellect.. So he is not silent he is doing his bit.. So is Jaitley.. I disagrre Arun shouries if he chooses to write on any topic he leaves anyone else in contemporary India far behind. M J Akbar still remains your general commentator you can't call him master of anything yes jack of all traits in my view masters particualrlry those masters whose area of mastery can be picked as and when they wish are more valuable commentator.. It's midn boggling to fathom a young writer without any degree in journalism coming to India and taking head on dictatorial tendencies of Indira Gandhi.. TOI used to run a daily edotorial piece castigating AruN Shourie that how he is weakenign establishmetn by questioning Indira Gandhi. So much for the jouranlism of these papers.. I am not sure whether yoou went through that video where Shourie talks about Goenka.. Actually once he asked Goenka how long will you contite this battle (when around 900 cases were thrown on him Indira Gandhi and her henchmen and he was about to lose even the owneship of his own paper).. Goeka's reply was till 31st march 1977. Shourie asked what will happen after than. Goenka replied Sai baba has told me that after 31st march all your worries will be over..Shourie again questioned did he mean you mnight die on that day. Goenka answerd I too thought about the same but Sai baba said she ( Indira gandhi) will make one mistake and she will lose. As predicted INdira Gandhi thought she had become popular again and called election and got royal beating and election result came around 22 March and subsequently all those witch-hunting cases against Goenka went down the drain by 31st march under janta party...