Ponting slams England for violating spirit of the game.

KP vs Mitch

Kevin Pietersen got into a heated argument with Australia pacer Mitchell Johnson before the start of the final day's play in the first Ashes Test that clearly rattled the right-hander while he went into bat in England's second innings, here today. The tension boiled over when Pietersen struck a ball that went close to hitting Johnson, who was warming up with his teammates before the start of the day's play. The Australian pacer was not amused and confronted Pietersen and the pair was captured by TV cameras standing chest to chest, exchanging words and eyeballing each other until Johnson was pulled away by fellow pacer Stuart Clark. The incident completely agitated Pietersen and it was clearly visible during his 16 minutes stay at the crease. Pietersen edged an aggressive Johnson just short of second slip and also survived a close lbw appeal from Peter Siddle. He was finally cleaned up by Ben Hilfenhaus for eight runs.

Whenever the spirit of the game is challenged and the honor of the game is put on the line, comes the savior of the game, the one whose integrity can not be challenged (if you do you are supposed to be standing), the one above the umpires, the one above all rules, the one who gives the finger when the mere umpire is not willing, comes to the rescue of the great game from the rest of the world. All hail Ponting.

Whenever the spirit of the game is challenged and the honor of the game is put on the line' date=' comes the savior of the game, the one whose integrity can not be challenged (if you do you are supposed to be standing), the one above the umpires, the one above all rules, the one who gives the finger when the mere umpire is not willing, comes to the rescue of the great game from the rest of the world. All hail Ponting.[/quote'] He is the Jesus of cricket. :hail:
to be honest though I would be pretty pissed if I was captain and people are sending out gloves twice and the physio is coming on for no apparent reason. Ponting's a sore loser but hey you have to give him credit for fighting all the way till the end.
Heard of the boy who cried wolf?
To be fair they were clearly wasting time. I thought it was pretty poor.
To be honest I agree. It was actually very pathetic by england and umpires should have told 12th man to:finger: He came on again to change gloves for the batters only 5 mins after they had been changed:hysterical: He was then joined by the physio who ran on and all he did was pat the batters on the back:hysterical: Awful time wasting and ICC should take action. Just like Ponting ridiculous appeal should see him in match referees room. Also Johnosn pre match yobbish antics and siddle/broad shoulder barging should certainly see ICC action However, as its the ashes its all seen as just great cricket and thriling with no ICC reprecussions as allegedly its all. Bet your bottom dollar if it was India playing they would be hauled over the coals for anyone of these incidents. While in this case nothing will happen to the great england and aussie teams!
if anyone missed..Ponting also responsibly played the part of the 3rd umpire yesterday emphatically telling flintoff he's out and that the catch was clean..
He is pretty serious about that role. Its also in his match referee's capacity that he is questioning England's delays.
if anyone missed..Ponting also responsibly played the part of the 3rd umpire yesterday emphatically telling flintoff he's out and that the catch was clean..
This is what I mean, people just take any chance they can to have a go at Ponting cause they don't like him. He took a legit catch, Flintoff asked if he caught it and he said yes. Such a big deal?
He is pretty serious about that role. Its also in his match referee's capacity that he is questioning England's delays.
Well he should hang up his boots and get into his cherished role full-time instead of rattling away centuries and making us tendu fans nervous :--D
This is what I mean, people just take any chance they can to have a go at Ponting cause they don't like him. He took a legit catch, Flintoff asked if he caught it and he said yes. Such a big deal?
its okay if that was the case ! cause I didn't see flintoff asking him..I thought flintoff was standing his ground fir the replay and heard ponting's : "It's out! it's out!..it's out mate!"
its okay if that was the case ! cause I didn't see flintoff asking him..I thought flintoff was standing his ground fir the replay and heard ponting's : "It's out! it's out!..it's out mate!"
So Ponting was not saying that he caught it, he was informing him that he was out! I am sure that Freddie didn't ask "Hey Punter, am I out?"
he was informing him that he was out!
If thats the case then the "informing" is not his job.!..If the batsman stands his ground..the umpire will either ask him to walk or refer to the third umpire....He's given noone a reason to trust him judging by previous incidents PS: unless they've one of those needless "Agreements" between the captains to take the fielder's word if there ever is a contentious catch